Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]

In the .mil getting knocked up is the instant gravy train. In my job (aircraft maintenance) as soon as she finds out she's preggo she can no longer do her job due to the chemicals, noise, etc. So she gets a cushy bullshit office job, then for 3 months prior to downloading it's 4 hour shifts and she gets a month off after with no leave charged. Of course she's exempt from PT and testing for the whole pregnancy and 6 months afterward, so if she gets knocked up again right away she can be as fat and out of shape as she likes for her whole enlistment. It's a great system. I've known several worthless welfare bums wearing a uniform and collecting a paycheck despite never doing their actual jobs. One did six years in the .mil without ever touching an airplane, got her BS degree and had four kids. Thanks taxpayers!

Whoever wrote that sounds like an immature crew chief that needs to keep some of his thoughts to himself.

There are very few women in aircraft maintenance, and the above isn't the norm for all women. Does it happen? Yes, but I've seen guys get months of free leave to be able to be with a bed ridden wife dealing with a pre-mature baby. It goes both ways.

It's different however if she purposefully gets pregnant prior to a known deployment. But prove it wasn't an accident.

I have no kids for the record.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
strong leadership from the female Chiefs,  

That frightens me greatly. Nothing good can come from that!
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

In the .mil getting knocked up is the instant gravy train. In my job (aircraft maintenance) as soon as she finds out she's preggo she can no longer do her job due to the chemicals, noise, etc. So she gets a cushy bullshit office job, then for 3 months prior to downloading it's 4 hour shifts and she gets a month off after with no leave charged. Of course she's exempt from PT and testing for the whole pregnancy and 6 months afterward, so if she gets knocked up again right away she can be as fat and out of shape as she likes for her whole enlistment. It's a great system. I've known several worthless welfare bums wearing a uniform and collecting a paycheck despite never doing their actual jobs. One did six years in the .mil without ever touching an airplane, got her BS degree and had four kids. Thanks taxpayers!

Whoever wrote that sounds like an immature crew chief that needs to keep some of his thoughts to himself.

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Reading another thread, and hearing a member of the Air Force state:

Really makes me think that loophole should be closed. Serving your nation is an honorable thing because it is a sacrifice. This raises the question, should their be limitations on female soldiers becoming pregnant while serving? Should they be limited on the number of times they can become pregnant per a set time period?

If you soldiers missing deployments, some of them purposely, by becoming pregnant; what's the point in keeping them around?

If a male soldier were to sustain an injury, off the job,  that would prevent him from performing his duties for over a year, what would happen to him? Whatever happens to them should happen to a female

Easy fix:  no more women in uniform.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't speak for the Army, But the Majority of Navy and Marine Float Dodgers were E-3 and below. I assume it's the same for the two other branches.

It's pretty simple really. No pregnancy during a first enlistment, or it's reimbursement for training time, billeting and medical, plus reimbusement for cost of reassignment of replacement.

Rights????
Fuck 'em.

You have no rights. Reproductive or otherwise.

Little story.

Itty bitty Island in the I.O. With a Marine Barracks.

A sub tender pulls in.

Half a dozen Navy sluts all of a sudden are getting laid by half the company.

2 Months later it pulls back in, and offloads half a dozen Navy sluts going back home for pregnancy leave/ seperation under medical.

2 Months later Yours truly has a Mess of paperwork, and no fucking way to defend my Marines. Local JAG is the only resource, and the SGT.Major is a douche.

3 Months later all but one Marine is cleared by blood tests.
The rest took the discharge and had abortions.

No Love.

No kids on a first Enlistment.

Career or multi enlistments, no problem.

Remove the "Out" for the sluts.
Don't penalize the career Military familys.
Quit destroying lives and careers of young enlisted Men.

S-28
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
you guys need to ease up some. I doubt that this is quite the epidemic that all of you are making it out to be. sure there are probably some women out there that intentionally try to get pregnant, but what about the women that are on BC or the women that do use condoms and the women that are married. like it was stated before condoms to break and BC has been known to fail. It would be very hard to prove that a woman was intentionally trying to get pregnant before deployment or for any other reason.

Even if BC was mandatory, how could you make sure that every female is taking her pill daily? or whatever form she was ordered to take.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you guys need to ease up some. I doubt that this is quite the epidemic that all of you are making it out to be. sure there are probably some women out there that intentionally try to get pregnant, but what about the women that are on BC or the women that do use condoms and the women that are married. like it was stated before condoms to break and BC has been known to fail. It would be very hard to prove that a woman was intentionally trying to get pregnant before deployment or for any other reason.

Even if BC was mandatory, how could you make sure that every female is taking her pill daily? or whatever form she was ordered to take.

Have you ever served?  Im not asking to make fun of you if you havent, just asking because anyone whos been in knows this kind of stuff is pretty common.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you guys need to ease up some. I doubt that this is quite the epidemic that all of you are making it out to be.  

epidemic-no, but it's pretty fricken bad in the support battalion next door.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Men have purposly given themselves "temporary medical conditions" prior to deployment and have been article 15'ed
(a broken leg is, of course, a "temporary medical condition")

Men have acidentally broken bones ie: accidents prior to deployment and not been article 15'ed.

Females have purposly given themselves "temporary medical conditions" prior to deployment and NOT received article 15's.

Females have accidentally given themselves "temporary medical conditions" and NOT been article 15'ed.

I had 1 female slated to come to the ship prior to deployment. We knew from her command that she was trying to get out of the orders. We knew from her command that she wrote her congressman. We knew from her command and from the detailers, that she was trying to get out of her orders.  Knowing all this, about 1 month prior to her report onboard, I told the divo that she will show up pregnant. (a "temporary medical condition")

Sure enough, the day she checks onboard,  she comes up to me with a paper from medical and says. "I'm pregnant, I can't go on deployment"  The only thing I said to her was "Gee imagine that"

My men and women in that shop were working during inports when every one else was on liberty. And both sexes "knew" that it was no "accident" As you can guess, they were not happy with this female for getting away with this.

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There are very few women in aircraft maintenance, and the above isn't the norm for all women. Does it happen? Yes, but I've seen guys get months of free leave to be able to be with a bed ridden wife dealing with a pre-mature baby. It goes both ways.

It's funny for those of us who are in Aircraft Maintenance AFSCs when we know our environment, and we are told we are wrong.

Something I have noticed about every "Pregnant Mil Chick Thread" is people actually want to kick out every female (just because she is a female), and hate the fact they can get pregnant. These threads just out the women haters.

Here is a sarcastic view on things.

Ever been on a medical profile? You "missed work" and should be discharged.

Ever show up late to duty? You "missed work" and should be discharged.

Ever taken leave? You "missed work" and should be discharged.

Ever taken House-hunting Leave? You "missed work" and should be discharged.

Ever taken a CTO day? You "missed work" and should be discharged.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's funny for those of us who are in Aircraft Maintenance AFSCs when we know our environment, and we are told we are wrong.

Something I have noticed about every "Pregnant Mil Chick Thread" is people actually want to kick out every female (just because she is a female), and hate the fact they can get pregnant. These threads just out the women haters.

Ever taken a CTO day? You "missed work" and should be discharged

Now you're being silly.

None of those things last a year. That's the problem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is what needs to happen.

As soon as a unit is tagged for deployment, an order goes out. "thou shalt not get pregnant."

If you do, after the order is given and you know your unit is deploying, it is treated the same as missing a movement.

Because that essentially is what it is.

Yep, and at at that time, a PG test is mandatory, just like drug testing. No excuses.

Will people get pissed off, sure.  But the fact is that the Mil is RELYING on you to do your duty and serve, not get knocked up.

Or MANDATORY boot, no comp, no medical, no GI bill, no benis, nothing.

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reading another thread, and hearing a member of the Air Force state:

Really makes me think that loophole should be closed. Serving your nation is an honorable thing because it is a sacrifice. This raises the question, should their be limitations on female soldiers becoming pregnant while serving? Should they be limited on the number of times they can become pregnant per a set time period?

If you soldiers missing deployments, some of them purposely, by becoming pregnant; what's the point in keeping them around?

If a male soldier were to sustain an injury, off the job,  that would prevent him from performing his duties for over a year, what would happen to him? Whatever happens to them should happen to a female

Women shouldn't be in the military in the first place. There, problem solved.

Did you serve ??
If not you have NO right to say wether women should serve or not.

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever served?  Im not asking to make fun of you if you haven't, just asking because anyone who's been in knows this kind of stuff is pretty common.

no I have not, but I am exposed and very familiar with the officer side of active duty and I guess there just really is that big of a difference from it and the enlisted side.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Make pregnancy time not count towards your overall enlistment, add those 9 months onto the contract.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here is what needs to happen.

As soon as a unit is tagged for deployment, an order goes out. "thou shalt not get pregnant."

If you do, after the order is given and you know your unit is deploying, it is treated the same as missing a movement.

Because that essentially is what it is.

This. With a few minor "if's & and's" to cover all the bases.

Or..... open a daycare in Iraq/Afghanistan ala prison babies and then see how many "takers" there are. I bet the ratio would drop real quick when the incentive is gone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Make pregnancy time not count towards your overall enlistment, add those 9 months onto the contract.

So if they are only given 3 month of Convelecent Leave, you want to add on another 6-months as a punishment?

Quoted:
Men have purposly given themselves "temporary medical conditions" prior to deployment and have been article 15'ed

Men have acidentally broken bones ie: accidents prior to deployment and not been article 15'ed.

Females have purposly given themselves "temporary medical conditions" prior to deployment and NOT received article 15's.

Females have accidentally given themselves "temporary medical conditions" and NOT been article 15'ed.

I had 1 female slated to come to the ship prior to deployment. We knew from her command that she was trying to get out of the orders. We knew from her command that she wrote her congressman. We knew from her command and from the detailers, that she was trying to get out of her orders.  Knowing all this, about 1 month prior to her report onboard, I told the divo that she will show up pregnant. (a "temporary medical condition")

Sure enough, the day she checks onboard,  she comes up to me with a paper from medical and says. "I'm pregnant, I can't go on deployment"  The only thing I said to her was "Gee imagine that"

My men and women in that shop were working during inports when every one else was on liberty. And both sexes "knew" that it was no "accident" As you can guess, they were not happy with this female for getting away with this.

She was a shitty troop.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Issue a general order prohibiting females from becomming pregnant during their first term of service. Court martial and discharge violators.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

WINNAR!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, volunteers > conscripts, every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Just because someone is drafted doesnt mean he wont serve with honor.
Just because someone volunteers doesnt mean he will serve with honor.
That is the exception not the rule. It's been proven time and time again Volunteer .mils perform better.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes she was a shitty troop. The rest of the females in my Div HATED females like that. They know that everyone pays the price for troops like that.

The senior ones waited till shore duty (ie no deployment) to have a kid. They counsel the junior troops about that. But (dam it forgot the stats) a certain precentage got pregnant before deployment. (IIRC that stat was Navywide to)
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you ever served?  Im not asking to make fun of you if you haven't, just asking because anyone who's been in knows this kind of stuff is pretty common.

no I have not, but I am exposed and very familiar with the officer side of active duty and I guess there just really is that big of a difference from it and the enlisted side.

You better believe it!
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you're being silly.

I know of people who are on permanant profiles and are still in performing their job. I know a MSgt that has been on profile (no PT) for the last 8 years, since he was a SSgt.

In my expirence, once a MX female gets pregnant, she goes into the orderly room doing CSS duties or to Programs Flight, taking the position of another troop who than returns to the flightline. Once they pop, they go back to the line.

I know people (male troops) who have been in Programs Flight, the CSS, or Support for longer than a year. What should we do about them?
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]

What would happen to a soldier injured who was partaking in an extremely dangerous activity/sport, say motocross or ultimate fighting, before a deployment? I would bet reduction of rank/pay would happen at the least.

Actually, we had a guy get injured while 4-wheeling...he was observing a safe-ish speed and wearing all of his PPE. They did not do a damn thing to him. You are free to pursue your chosen hobbies outside of work, so long as you observe all the pertinent safety rules. It is not like they stick up in storage tubes after COB for the day. There was a SFC in the Army Times who wanted to go UFC, and was good enough to compete...Big Army said no, so he said "I ain't reenlisting"...
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I haven't read all these posts, but what if:

The first time a Female in the service gets pregnant they get a choice:

1 End Active service w/ limited benfits from what ever time was spent in.  IRR would be extended to include the remainder of the contract+what ever was already signed for.  Ie if she signs up for a 4active+4inactive and gets pregnant at 2.  She would then be out of active and have 6 years IRR left.

2 Get the cushy job+time off, but get 3 months active added to her contact.

The second and any following time she gets knocked up

She can choose to leave or stay in but if she chooses to stay in her command has choice end her contact.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I know of people who are on permanant profiles and are still in performing their job. I know a MSgt that has been on profile (no PT) for the last 8 years, since he was a SSgt.

In my expirence, once a MX female gets pregnant, she goes into the orderly room doing CSS duties or to Programs Flight, taking the position of another troop who than returns to the flightline.

I know people who have been in Programs Flight, the CSS, or Support for longer than a year. What should we do about them?

Profile is one thing, but as you said, they're still performing their job.

Other things you mentioned, like being on leave, searching for housing, and such are not appropriate comparisons to being pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you're being silly.

In my expirence, once a MX female gets pregnant, she goes into the orderly room doing CSS duties or to Programs Flight, taking the position of another troop who than returns to the flightline. Once they pop, they go back to the line.

I know people (male troops) who have been in Programs Flight, the CSS, or Support for longer than a year. What should we do about them?

Kick em out too!
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm glad I was a grunt.  I had no idea how big of a problem this was.  The only time I ever got screwed by females being in the military was once when several of us got volunteered, having to stay at NTC for a few days extra to unload empty 20mm cans for a bunch of women soldiers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The same way I managed to not knock up some slut or my first Fiancee during the first enlistment.....

I never let the sluts or the Fiancee convince me to blow a load in them, and took the "MOP 4 before " info seriously.

Seriously... At Ft. Sill I went to take a leak in a Porta John while walking back from the theatre, and caught two Army recruits fucking!!!!

We had a Dyke slut we called "Popeye" at 3rd ord. Maint. In Las Pulgas that fucked her way through almost an entire Regiment of Marines, trying to get pregnant.

She finaly got discharged after beating the shit out of a PFC Marine who was drunk and kept passing out on her/ it.

There was this cute L/cpl at S-2 that was rumored to troll for Officers.
Sure enough, she bagged a Married Captain and got knocked up, and took the discharge.

My flight home from my last deployment?
Sat next to a Hottie Squidlet that Fucked her way through half of second Platoon.
Gave several the Clap after one of my guys took Libo to the P.I. and scrumped him on return.
She got knocked up By a Chief , who later gained fame for whistle blowing on Navy OPSEC .....
She took the discharge.
Then ruined the guy.

It's the first enlistment "Iwannagohometomommyandmyteddybears" Chicks, that have no business being there in the first damn place, that are the problem.

God Bless the Gals that are serious!!!!!
There is a shortage of them, and the ones that stick, I'll put against any man in any other nations service with the same MOS!

Yep.
Ya uncorked a Rant with Vintage....
Apologies, the frustration ain't with you.

S-28
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my expirence, once a MX female gets pregnant, she goes into the orderly room doing CSS duties or to Programs Flight, taking the position of another troop who than returns to the flightline.

I know people who have been in Programs Flight, the CSS, or Support for longer than a year. What should we do about them?

Profile is one thing, but as you said, they're still performing their job.

Other things you mentioned, like being on leave, searching for housing, and such are not appropriate comparisons to being pregnant.

They take time away from their duties, and make things harder on their co-workers. The same as a pregnant troop.

In fact, I have seen leaves planned specifically to get out of Red Flag, Maple Flag, Arctic Flag, and other "bad" TDYs, with the vast majority (I would say 99.9%) of the offenders being male (the female wanted to go to a wedding, and had proof their actually was a wedding). I have seen males bitch about a female TSgt getting a Numbered Air Force Award, because they felt it was unfair she had a vagina, not because she actually competed, won, and deserved the award.

I have no problem with a Female A1C starting a family at any time. I have a problem when people see a pregnant A1C and automatically assume "She whored out to get out of something". In my entire AF exporence so far, I have heard of one female getting pregnant to get out of something, and she chose to get out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you're being silly.

We have people who have been on profile for a year or more. They do what they can within the limits of their profile. If the same condition exists for long enough, they go before a medical board. If it is determined that they can still do their job, they are given a P2 or P3 profile and sent back to the unit.

We had a few guys deploy who were broken and SHOULD have been on profile, but refused to go to medical to get one because they wanted to deploy.

We had three shitbags "pull profile" to get out of the deployment...they are now out of the Army.

I have been on profile off and on...the longest was 6 weeks of Basic Training...no running/jumping/lower-body pt, and I still graduated on time, and passed my final pt test.

Shit happens...a profile is there for you to take the time to heal so that you don't aggravate the injury...

Women who get pregnant before the deployment? Not a problem...they have the kid, and 30 days later they get sent to wherever the unit is. Send the message that a pregnancy will be treated the same as any other temporary medical condition, and that they had better have a family care plan in place and someone to watch the little one while they are gone, or they will be separated from service.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

It's different however if she purposefully gets pregnant prior to a known deployment. But prove it wasn't an accident.

It wasn't a crew chief.

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't a crew chief.

img177.imageshack.us/img177/3830/pointyheadxp0.jpg

Link Posted: 8/23/2008 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if they are only given 3 month of Convelecent Leave, you want to add on another 6-months as a punishment?

Quoted:

She was a shitty troop.

It's not punishment, if they want to get pregnant they can stay in the military longer or get pregnant when they get out. I don't see a problem with being pregnant in the military other than if it is to avoid deployment - that should be punished.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm glad I was a grunt.  I had no idea how big of a problem this was. The only time I ever got screwed by females being in the military was once when several of us got volunteered, having to stay at NTC for a few days extra to unload empty 20mm cans for a bunch of women soldiers.

It's not. It's just being blown WAY out of proportion by a crowd that seems to be anti women in the military.
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It wasn't a crew chief.

img177.imageshack.us/img177/3830/pointyheadxp0.jpg

A pointy head wrote that! How is he in a position to bitch about women getting a cushy job when they get pregnant when he has a permanent one!
Link Posted: 8/23/2008 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm glad I was a grunt.  I had no idea how big of a problem this was. The only time I ever got screwed by females being in the military was once when several of us got volunteered, having to stay at NTC for a few days extra to unload empty 20mm cans for a bunch of women soldiers.

It's not. It's just being blown WAY out of proportion by a crowd that seems to be anti women in the military.

+1

The biggest (literally) problem I have ever expirenced with a pregnant female was the girl couldn't fit into maternity BDUs. Not because she was fat, but because she was carrying triplets (64"-65" around the bump before she popped, but I digress). She was cleared for duty (Orderly Room) after a 3 month spirt of bedrest. She was estatic about being back to work, but because she couldn't fit into BDUs, she was allowed by the CC to wear civilian clothes (the ones that she could fit into) and wear a BDU hat in liou of a uniform. Every male who witnessed her being in civs had a problem with her being in civs while on duty, not that she couldn't fit into BDUs, but because they were ignorant of the reason behind it and openly said she pulled a favor from the commander. My flight chief wanted to boot her for "Failure to maintain standards" because she couldn't wear BDUs. She was quite fit, and worked out regularly. It turned out the flight chief was extreamly jealous that she was allowed to wear civs and just wanted to make her life hell because of it. He was the reason she almost got out, and we would have lost one of the best troops I ever had (very strong work ethic, great personality, and very proficiant at her job).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top