Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2001 5:37:19 PM EDT
I know you'd like to see that!  Predictions of when??!!  [:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got back from dinner with my congressman.  He made it very clear that Afghanistan "is just the beginning" and that Al-Qaeda has cells in over 60 countries.  He said the war will be long and "we (meaning Congress and the Administration) will do whatever it takes to quash the terrorists wherever they are."

I asked him about his attitude about the war's progress so far and he replied he's optimistic.  He is very concerned however about our inventory of guided munitions, particularly the cruise missles.  Clinton went to the pantry too often without replenishing it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
well that congreesmen was obviously not one of new yorks two and probably not from cali so who was it??     [smash]
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
well that congreesmen was obviously not one of new yorks two and probably not from cali so who was it??     [smash]
View Quote

... the beauty of guided munitions are that they are so simple. I expect to see more sources then Boeing's JADAM soon.

... Hell, if DARPA funded me I'd design one to deliver under 25K/per
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The Afghan operation should be all mopped up by February, and people will have forgotten the people that were on the news with pictures of their dead rellies; the economy will be in a standstill as it usually is after Christmas and before taxes, Bush's approval rating will slip to 60% because of the economy. I'm predicting airstrikes on Feb 6th on 3 countries. Iraq, of course will receive B-52 hits, but 2 Saharan Moslem countries will also receive cruise missile strikes.Osama Bin-Laden will still be at large. A new terrorist scapegoat will also be identified.A new celebrity murder will take place in the third week of Janvar.
Link Posted: 12/1/2001 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely!!!!

When? After we've got a positive ID on old Bin Laden's filthy pork-stuffed carcass, and the folks start packing up - next stop Baghdad!

Eric The(AtLeastIfIWereRunningTheShow!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Absolutely!!!!

When? After we've got a positive ID on old Bin Laden's filthy pork-stuffed carcass, and the folks start packing up - next stop Baghdad!

Eric The(AtLeastIfIWereRunningTheShow!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Can we take some time to clean up the Philippines first Eric?  Some Al Qiada minions happen to still be holding Americans there, people we could still resuce ALIVE for a change...
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Post from ArmdLbrl -
Can we take some time to clean up the Philippines first Eric?
View Quote

Well, maybe a few moments, but we'd better strike while the iron's hot, so to speak!

We've got a lot of assets in that particular part of the world and I would love to see Bush give Saddam an ultimatum and deadline about weapon inspectors being allowed back into Iraq.

If Saddam allows them, fine. If Saddam doesn't allow them, even better!

Pretext for Gulf War II, but since we don't have to evict Saddam from Kuwait this time, we can be just as judicious with out use of ground troops as we've been in Afghanistan!

Sit back and beat the crap ouuta that bastid!

Then send in the troops to i.d. his corpse.

Eric The(AndDon'tTellMeItWon'tBeAsEasyAsAfganistanWas,WeWillHaveNoProblemHereAndYouAndIAndThePressKnowIt!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top