Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2001 8:35:13 AM EDT
Has anyone seen this show?

He can't be for real...can he?

If that show is fixed,he's got to be the best con-artist in history.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#1]
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in most folks' philosophies.

[u]Can[/u] we contact the dead? Yes, read the account of King Saul and the Witch of En-dor in Chapter 28, I Samuel.

[u]Should[/u] we contact the dead? No re-read that same account and see that King Saul had his kingdom torn away from him.

It something to consider!

Eric The(OldTestament-sortOf)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn Eric! That was dead-on.

It just creeps me out to think that this guy might be actually talking to the dead.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw it yesterday, that was comedy!

He talks super-fast, just like most con-men.
Did you notice he has people he's talking to write things down, and then they interview them later? This is because as he's giving them their reading, the BS he's spouting out makes NO sense to the people, so they're supposed to review it later, and something will finally click and make sense to them. What a crock!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Should we contact the dead? No re-read that same account and see that King Saul had his kingdom torn away from him.
View Quote

Didn't Saul resort to the witch in the first place because God was already unhappy with him and not returning his calls?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Many people have looked into this, including the Great Randi--www.randi.org---and have come away with the opinion that if you could see the entire show, you would be less than impressed.
John's guesses are only right abot twenty percent of the time and most of his errors are edited out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I think he's full of shit and editing makes him look good. Yes he's a con man. A good con man doesn't come off as one, that's why they are believable. The reverse of course is true for bad con men.
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Edwards show is a flat-out fraud.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Edwards show is a flat-out fraud.  
View Quote

and currently under federal investigation for just that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top