Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 8:17:38 PM EDT
"This could have been our version of Ruby Ridge,"

[url]http://www.ourmaine.com/index.cfm?section=1&page=1&mesg=art18.22860[/url]

Jesus, they made him look like a crazed fiend.  Just because he had his guns stored in an alarmed hidden safe.

Yeah, he had pot and it looks like he might have hit his wife, but that was barely mentioned.  The important thing is he had guns and ammo.

[puke] [puke]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I agree that the focusing on the guns was unfortunate, but this guy isn't exactly one who we should want as one of our own.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
"Capt. Kevin Joyce said there was a rolling gun mount on the front deck that could accommodate a .50-caliber machine gun and provide good fields of fire."

I really like this line...a rolling gun mount that COULD hold a .50 cal mg...

yup, it could also hold a large potted plant...I also agree that the focus on the firearms was wrong.

I also agree that this man was involved in illegal activities (narcotics) and this is bad!

The man being a licensed dealer and having this publicity is making honest gun owners look even more "bad" to the average soccer mom.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top