Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 2:39:11 PM EDT
i was wondering about if plain white camo (big white blob) or broken white (white with stripes and stuff) was better for wintertime. my terrain would be equal amount of open fields and woods. i was planning on buying the arctic overwhite camo the the army uses.

thanks,
OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
my quarry would be people.

about b&w, sometimes on a gray haxy day, with blowing snow, things sometimes appear black and white. usually do to low viz.

edited to say. post 454. the mac daddy of chevy engines. i wish i had a ceramic 454
3 times the power, 3 times the fuel mileage, no joke.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
i mean i'm not hunting deer or small game, this would be used for surveillance, and tactical assualts of various locations. also doing things in the woods i mihgt not want the whole world to know about... also playing manhunt with the boys.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Just say "Paintball".  You won't attract the wrong attention on the boards. [;)]

I've always considered a broken outline favorable in all my "paintball" activities. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah *cough* paintball *cough* that's what i'm using it *cough* for paintball *cough*

i need some fisherman's friend. (it's a medication) for this nasty cough hehe

OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
No single camouflage will work well in both woods and snowfields. Obviously you'll want to wear all white in a snowfield on open ground, but all white in the woods is too bright and makes you stand out. In evergreen areas, with trees that have branches close to the ground, you're often better off with regular woodland camo. If the branches are higher up, white pants and a woodland camo top is the way to go. In deciduous areas (most hardwoods), one of the white/grey patterns will work best.

If I had to pick one pattern that's best overall, I'd say the German outfit that's reversible from all white to white/dark green. Brush on about twice as many green splotches on the mixed side of the jacket/parka, wear the pants white side out all the time, and reverse the jacket when you move from snowfield to forest. Yeah, it's a pain, but so is being "killed." Obviously, change to all white BEFORE leaving the treeline,[:D] and wait till you're in the woods to change to the woodland side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top