Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 9:45:23 AM EDT
Lately, it's been Las Vegas, but I'm kinda burnt out on that city. I party WAY too much when I'm there.
I went on a cruise through the US Virgin islands this last february and that was really nice. I also partied a little too much to remember that vacation. I see a pattern. [:D]
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/814/images/O0oRz8CoBQIAAEKihx4_814_0.pjpeg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/814/images/O0oSQMCoBQIAAHPJH5g_814_4.pjpeg[/img]

[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/814/images/O0oSYsCoBQIAAHPJH5k_814_5.pjpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
My parents own a home just south of Oconto, WI (Little Suamico).

No traffic, no people, no lights, private road, surrounded by state park, lot's of land, and it's right on the water. Even the drive to get there is easy from N. IL.

Can't beat it.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
White Mountains, New Hampshire

Edited to add -

Worst place?? Cancun, Mexico. Raging sunburn, even UNDER the grass roof hut and Montezumas revenge, I seriously thought I was gonna die there in a Mexican hotel room. My lifeless corpse cast adrift in the ocean, and eaten by the sea crabs.

Add to that a bunch of drunk, ugly Americans, and I can honestly say I already been to hell.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Without question... New Orleans.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
anywhere with NO baby-carriage access.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It's been eight long years since I've had a vacation, so I'd have to honestly say my favorite spot would be [i]anywhere[/i] quiet with a nice view.z
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Playa del Carmen, Mexico or Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Destin Florida.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Saint Tropez, France.....They have the most beautiful bare breasted women in the world.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:34:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Obviously, there are Scandinavian women on vacation, then - because French women are scary creatures. [:D]
View Quote

True, very true.

They may not have a good looking face, but oh boy, they have beautiful legs and figure. Oh! La! La!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One day, when I become wealthy enough, I'm going to buy that small house that my grandfather built and go there every summer

View Quote

I'd say that a half dozen of us, with an early morning HALO insertion, and another half dozen storming the beach in zodiacs, could take the place by force, with minimum collateral damage.

You'd only have to let the rest of us have the place for two week out of the year a piece. let's see - eleven other guys is 22 weeks. Yeah - you'd get the place to yourself for more than half the year.

Whadda ya say???? [}:D]

'Course, you may wanna watch out for SOME of these guys - I get the sense some of them are pretty wild partiers. [;)]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd say that a half dozen of us, with an early morning HALO insertion, and another half dozen storming the beach in zodiacs, could take the place by force, with minimum collateral damage.

You'd only have to let the rest of us have the place for two week out of the year a piece. let's see - eleven other guys is 22 weeks. Yeah - you'd get the place to yourself for more than half the year.

Whadda ya say???? [}:D]

'Course, you may wanna watch out for SOME of these guys - I get the sense some of them are pretty wild partiers. [;)]

View Quote

Or, we could just take up a collection and buy it without resorting to force. With the amount of equipment you were talking about, I think we could use that money to obtain the equipment to buy the place.

How about that idea?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]
G
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Or, we could just take up a collection and buy it without resorting to force. With the amount of equipment you were talking about, I think we could use that money to obtain the equipment to buy the place.

How about that idea?
View Quote

Where's the fun in that??? [;)]

Sheesh - some people have NO imagination. [BD]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:26:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about that idea?
View Quote

Where's the fun in that??? [;)]

Sheesh - some people have NO imagination. [BD]

View Quote

LOL!!! I'm just not into hurting people for the sake of securing a good vacation spot.
Now, if a foreign enemy power took over the place, then your original plan has merit. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#18]
1. Maui
2. San Diego
3. Friend's cabin on the Kenai
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#19]
I really like Skiing and if I had to pick my favorite vacation place it would have to be Killington Vermont.

[url]http://www.killington.com[/url]
[img]http://www.killington.com/graphics/maps/kmapthumb00-01.jpg[/img]

Then again, I've never been skiing in the western USA yet?

Edited to use a smaller image!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I like Cancun in mexico.. its been a yearly thing for the last 3 years.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Amsterdam, the Adult Disneyland.

Actually with the current temps, olde town Puerto Vallarta & Playa De Los Muertos sounds good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOL!!! I'm just not into hurting people for the sake of securing a good vacation spot.
[:D]
View Quote

You're kidding right????

Whadda you think  WW2 was all about???

Paris, the Autobahn, the Swiss Alps, Rome, EuroDisney..

Hitler would have charged OUTRAGEOUS admission prices to all those places.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Grand Cayman...

working on my 6th trip this spring!

QS
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:41:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Worst place?? Cancun, Mexico. Raging sunburn, even UNDER the grass roof hut and Montezumas revenge, I seriously thought I was gonna die there in a Mexican hotel room. My lifeless corpse cast adrift in the ocean, and eaten by the sea crabs.

Add to that a bunch of drunk, ugly Americans, and I can honestly say I already been to hell.
View Quote

Dude, what are the chances....

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon.
Not a good place to be if you don't drink and enjoy the party life huh?

I ended up getting extremely sick the last night we were there and didn't know how bad it was until we got home. Went to the doctor and he said I had enough e-coli in my system to kill me. Must have been the grace of God...

We had to check-out of our hotel at 11:00 and our flight didn't leave until 3:30 for Dallas. I remember sitting in the airport telling my wife to leave me there if I died. After seeing the locals call my wife Barbie when we went shoping downtown I didn't want her to be there unattended.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Our spot is Longboat Key, FL. We have been going there for the past 4 years. Next year will be our 5 year anniversary so the wife wants to try Hawaii.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dude, what are the chances....

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon.
Not a good place to be if you don't drink and enjoy the party life huh?

I ended up getting extremely sick the last night we were there and didn't know how bad it was until we got home. Went to the doctor and he said I had enough e-coli in my system to kill me. Must have been the grace of God...

We had to check-out of our hotel at 11:00 and our flight didn't leave until 3:30 for Dallas. I remember sitting in the airport telling my wife to leave me there if I died. After seeing the locals call my wife Barbie when we went shoping downtown I didn't want her to be there unattended.

View Quote

Our experience was a carbon copy of that.

I remember laying in bed, awake all night the day before we left, SURE I was gonna die. "So, THIS is how its gonna end" were my exact thoughts.

Checked out of the room at 11:00, and flight wasn't for about 5 hours. I was miserable.

I kissed the ground once we got back to USA terra firma.

The ONLY good thing about it was the scuba diving.  THAT was a blast.

Also went to X-caret and swam with the dolphins. It was fun, but even the dolphin said to me "man, you look awful." [BD]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Bright light city gonna set my soul
Gonna set my soul on fire
Got a whole lot of money that's ready to burn,
So get those stakes up higher
There's a thousand pretty women waitin' out there
And they're all livin' devil may care
And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas

How I wish that there were more
Than the twenty-four hours in the day
'Cause even if there were forty more
I wouldn't sleep a minute away
Oh, there's black jack and poker and the roulette wheel
A fortune won and lost on ev'ry deal
All you need's a strong heart and a nerve of steel
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas with you neon flashin'
And your one armbandits crashin'
All those hopes down the drain
Viva Las Vegas turnin' day into nighttime
Turnin' night into daytime
If you see it once
You'll never be the same again

I'm gonna keep on the run
I'm gonna have me some fun
If it costs me my very last dime
If I wind up broke up well
I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time
I'm gonna give it ev'rything I've got
Lady luck please let the dice stay hot
Let me shout a seven with ev'ry shot
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas,
Viva, Viva Las Vegas

[whacko]

Will be there 12/20 - 12/24 !!!

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Sad thing about it is her sister and her husband went there 5 years prior (with good experinces except the language barrier was worse then) and they still told us not to go.

I never listen...
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You're kidding right????

Whadda you think  WW2 was all about???

Paris, the Autobahn, the Swiss Alps, Rome, EuroDisney..

Hitler would have charged OUTRAGEOUS admission prices to all those places.

View Quote

LOL!!!! You've got a good point. If Hitler did that, I think his board of directors would fire him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#31]
My favorite vacation spot is any where in the US Virgin Islands, particularly St. Thomas and St. John.

Why? (1) It's America! (2) of [i]National Geographic's[/i] Top Ten Beaches of the World, one is on St. Thomas (Magens Bay Beach, #1 BTW), and two are on St. John (Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay) (3) US money is exchanged there...wait, you don't need to exchange, the local currency is US! (4) duty-free customs on first...hmm... $1,000.00 of goods, six bottles of liquor per person, excellent shopping! (5) natives are [u]not[/u] restless, in the least (6) Constitution is applicable there, whew! (7) 'home of the banana daquiri', and (8) no passport needed.

By favorite stateside vacation is, of course, News Orleans, Louisiana,

Eric The(LouisianaMan)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Went bare boating in the USVI and BVI a few years back, jeez that was nice.  But my favorite spot would still be Kauai, very laid back.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Man, the Philippines for me, especially Palawan, Pampanga, and Baguio City.  Just stay the hell away from Manila.  Now that Clark has air service going to Manila, I'll never have to drive in Manila traffic again, just change aircraft, and my favorite places are right outside the main gate at Clark!  (You old Air Force guys know the ones I mean!  The Aussies abound, but I dig the Diggers!)

I want to retire in Baguio City or outside Tacloban in Leyte.
View Quote

Dude - I'm even afraid of visiting the PI at this point and I can blend in alot better than you can (assuming that your a kano).  Them damn Moro f$#kers got me worried.  The only thing I did in Angeles was fly out of Clark - Subic [i]was[/i] da place [:P]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
White Mountains, New Hampshire

Edited to add -

View Quote

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Fighting%2DIllini%2FGarandBreak%2Egif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Grand Cayman...

working on my 6th trip this spring!

QS
View Quote

Have you ever stayed at the Turtle Nest Inn? My family and I have stayed there the past three trips to Grand Cayman and it is superb.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#36]
We mostly go on vacations for the scuba diving. Favorite places so far are:
1) Maui
2) Grand Cayman/Cayman Brac
3) Cozumel
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#38]
This is going to sound tame, but Mrs. Arq12 and I love Savannah, Georgia. Beaches, history, laid back, and all that great food, washed down with Chatham Artillery Punch. We've been twice in two years, and probably will be back this spring (daughter LOVES the beaches on Tybee Island). All that, and it's an easy day's drive from Ohio, but would also love to spend a week in St. Thomas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top