Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2001 4:59:44 AM EDT
The wife had to have told the deputies where to look.----------------------

Arsenal Found in Maine Home
By JERRY HARKAVY, Associated Press Writer

BALDWIN, Maine (AP) - Sheriff's deputies found a cache of weapons, including machine guns and bazookas, hidden in a basement when they served a restraining order at a couple's home in this rural town.

William Bloomquist, 43, surrendered at the Cumberland County jail on Wednesday. He was being held on three counts of aggravated assault, allegedly involving his wife.

His lawyer, Robert Andrews, said his client denies all allegations.

[b]Officers found 81 guns, more than 20,000 rounds of ammunition, practice rockets and hand grenades [/b]Tuesday after Katariina Pulkinen, 32, let them into the home so they could serve the restraining order.

[b]``He had created a hidden hatch to the armory,'' Sheriff Mark Dion said. ``You had to pull on the frame of a bookcase and it would open like a door, like in a James Bond movie.''
[/b]

A cord on the back side of the bookcase was attached to a small device and there was a warning label. Dion said that if the device had been detonated, it would make ``a large bang'' but cause no injury.

Authorities said they did not know what he intended to do with the weapons. Andrews said Bloomquist, a 1998 graduate of the [b]University of Maine School of Law, is a federally licensed firearms dealers and works as a legal investigator. [/b]

Maine State Police also determined that Bloomquist was licensed to possess the weapons, said Stephen McCausland of the state Department of Public Safety.

Andrews dismissed authorities' description of Bloomquist's basement as booby-trapped.

``This is sensationalism,'' Andrews said. ``I'm aware of no booby traps.''

Baldwin is about 30 miles northwest of Portland. The couple's home is on a [b]110-acre property.[/b]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Women! [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I love how they get nearly to the end of the article then throw in he owned them all legally.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Hell, that is what we all dream of.  Our own little 'hidden secure' room adjacent to the 'fake' gun room.  And only 20,000 rounds. [rolleyes]  Beginner. [:D]

"A cord on the back side of the bookcase was attached to a small device and there was a warning label. Dion said that if the device had been detonated, it would make ``a large bang'' but cause no injury."  Sounds like a noisemaker.  Sheesh.  Anything detonated makes a bang. [rolleyes]

The Husband should have filed a RO against the wife for all the shoes she probably owns.  "Walking into the closet I always got pelted with shoes falling from the shelves" I get headache's all the time now.  This could be one of the headlines "[i]Dangerous[/i] Shoe Warehouse found in a locals house"  [:)]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
as usual the fucking media focuses on the fact he had guns rather than the story about his womenz beating.  It even metions that he was full licensed to have it all-so why fucking print it!!!!??!?!??
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:22:33 AM EDT
[#5]
They print the story because....GUNS are bad!!!
(worse than rape, child abuse, murder, wife beating, etc...)

oh, by the way - he owned them LEGALLY
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
[b][size=4]"Licensed firearms collection cleverly secured to prevent theft"[/size=4][/b]
just doesn't have enough punch as a headline, I guess.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:22:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Howd they find the stash in my country house??
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#8]
They are ALL BITCHES!...tell me you disagree.....then put your nutsack back on
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
The guy just might be a jackass, who ruined his own situation, by beating his wife, or something.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]"Katariina Pulkinen, 32"[/b]

Anyone think she might be one of those Russian e-mail order brides?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Her name is Finnish and most likely should be spelled Pulk[b]k[/b]inen
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Her name is Finnish and most likely should be spelled Pulk[b]k[/b]inen
View Quote

Not P[b]p[/b]u[b]u[/b]l[b]l[/b]k[b]k[/b]i[b]i[/b]n[b]n[/b]e[b]e[/b]n[b]n[/b]?

Edited to add: This may well be my most useless post ever. [8]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I love how they get nearly to the end of the article then throw in he owned them all legally.  Planerench out.
View Quote

My local paper (Atlanta Journal-Constitution) never mentioned any "legally owned" or anything else past the line about "....just like James Bond." for that matter.  Of course that is the media's typical bias by omission.

I'd like to know why they were searching his basement if they were only there serving an R.O?

Roy D.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#14]
On the 11PM News I've heard them say they found a couple of hand guns and a "semi automatic machine gun" on a routine police pull over looking for drugs. When they showed the film it was nothing more than a couple of Glocks and a Busmaster.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"A cord on the back side of the bookcase was attached to a small device and there was a warning label. Dion said that if the device had been detonated, it would make ``a large bang'' but cause no injury."  Sounds like a noisemaker.  Sheesh.  
View Quote

Sounds more like one of these to me.

[img]http://www.shomer-tec.com/products/alarm_signaling_device.jpg[/img]

ALARM SIGNALING DEVICE
The booby-trap Alarm Signaling Device signals you when trespassers are present on your property. This popular and versatile perimeter security device may look like an ugly duckling, but it works beautifully. It can be deployed across paths and entryways, attached to doors or gates, etc. This re-usable device is activated by a trip wire, which fires a 12 gauge signal. A 12 gauge blank is included

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Why the fuck is this even news? The guy had his licenses! The police didn't find them, they knew they were there already.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Him and his "wife" did not even have the same last name!
Heck that is the problem right there![}:(]

If you are gonna shack up "wid a ho" don't show her your gun collection!

She will just do something like this![>Q]

BigDozer66     [50]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not P[b]p[/b]u[b]u[/b]l[b]l[/b]k[b]k[/b]i[b]i[/b]n[b]n[/b]e[b]e[/b]n[b]n[/b]?

Edited to add: This may well be my most useless post ever. [8]
View Quote

yes, jarhead, it very well may be! [}:D]

damn those finnish women!

and just trust the media to make a mountain out of a molehill...

cant wait until they find my house-

[b][size=6]EVIL ARSENAL FOUND IN CLOSET OF LOCAL MAN'S HOME[/size=6]

"sheriff's deputies, while searching a local man's home for absolutely no good reason, stumbled upon an arsenal of doom. in all, six weapons of child murder and evil freedom were found: two fully automatic assault weapons (ar-15 and a mak-90), two evil fully automatic assault shotguns (spas12 and mossberg 590), and two fully automatic assault pistols (walther p99 and SW 5906). also uncovered by the police was a virtual ammunition dump- 2000 rounds of rifle ammunition, 120 rounds of 12 gauge ammunition, and nearly 500 rounds of 9mm ammunition.

this arsenal was protected by two evil and malicious devices. said one police officer- "there were not one but TWO dogs, just like in those derned ol' james bond movies". luckily, sheriffs deputies were able to shoot both of the dogs with snipers positioned on neighboring rooftops.

it was later found that the man had passed background checks for all of the weapons owned, and all were properly secured and stored. however, we are sure that he was planning to give them to small children, or possibly even diane feinstein, fully loaded to cause deadly accidents.

police have also served a restraining order on the AR15, after reports that the rifle got up on its own volition and threatened a neighbors child."[/b]

View Quote
Sad but true![:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top