Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 7:40:50 AM EDT
Walmart can order me a "Handi rifle" (New England Arms I think) in .223 for just under $200 and I was wondering if anyone had/has one and how they are accuracy and durability wise. I have a free source of Lake City .223 (84-9X manufacture) from a bud and I just want a .223 plinker thats cheap but will shoot decent. $200 is my price range and I can order it local.   Please no "save up and get XXXXX rifle".  Thanks guys...

BTW I had a account on here b4 but its gone and I had to make this one, I had 300+ posts b4.   Oh well.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i had one, no biggie, try an encore in 30-06?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Walmart can order me a "Handi rifle" (New England Arms I think) in .223 for just under $200 and I was wondering if anyone had/has one and how they are accuracy and durability wise. I have a free source of Lake City .223 (84-9X manufacture) from a bud and I just want a .223 plinker thats cheap but will shoot decent. $200 is my price range and I can order it local.   Please no "save up and get XXXXX rifle".  Thanks guys...

BTW I had a account on here b4 but its gone and I had to make this one, I had 300+ posts b4.   Oh well.  
View Quote

If its the rifle I am thinking of it is very
accurate and the bonus is the receiver will
accept barrels of different calibre like the
Encores. I am told you have to send the receiver
to the mfg. to have extra barrels fitted.
It sounds cool to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one in 22 Hornet/20 Gauge.It shot ok with most loads not a tackdriver but fun.It could have been because it was a hornet.223 should shoot pretty good,heavy barrel ect.If you buy a high intensety ctg. you can send it in to get a diffrent barrel.44mag/45-70/shotgun.If you buy one I just mentioned you have to stay with the milder rounds.Marlin just bought them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top