Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 6:50:43 PM EDT
It's been 2 days since my bowels have moved and I'm starting to feel bloated....any homemade remedies so I don't have to embarrass myself in the grocery store with a bottle of Musilix or Ex-Lax?

I'd rather embarrass myself here on the forums cause I know there are alot of old coots here who are full of $hit, hehe.  I've been under alot of stress lately and I'm only 25 but I'd like to think my colon is still in normal condition.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
2 tablespoons of epsom salts dissolved in a glass of water works in about an hour or two.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for sharing.

Got any turkey leftovers? If so, eat 'em cold (no reheat).

That should do the trick!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing.

Got any turkey leftovers? If so, eat 'em cold (no reheat).

That should do the trick!
View Quote

Jesus, that's what I'm all stopped up with prolly.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Greasy Honeybun and a warm rootbeer usually goes right through me without changing texture. Good luck!

PS, you take them orally. Don't try to stick them up your ass.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Greasy Honeybun and a warm rootbeer usually goes right through me without changing texture. Good luck!

PS, you take them orally. Don't try to stick them up your ass.
View Quote

DAMMIT, NOW U TELL ME!  The greasy honeybun went up real easy but that damn, warm root beer can is killing me!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Two packages of ex-lax. You won't get off the shitter for a week!![:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I made the mistake of taking some Dulcolax once. I took half of the regular dosage and the next day I had to buy Kaopectate to STOP shitting!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
You need one of these...

[url]http://www.healthyhealing.com/aisle168.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#9]
That's [b][i]ENEMA[/i][/b]RVELOUS!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You need one of these...

View Quote

LMAO!!!![:D][BD][BD][BD][BD][BD][BD]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You need one of these...

View Quote

Okay, I think I'm a little to shy to try inserting fluid into myself from the backend.  Sorry, if I sound like such a pussy but I'm too scared to enemate myself.

Although.....I do have that 2 qt. USGI canteen with NBC cap and drinking tube.....NO....NO....I WILL NOT STICK THAT UP MY BUTT NO MATTER HOW CONSTIPATED I AM.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You need one of these...

View Quote

Okay, I think I'm a little to shy to try inserting fluid into myself from the backend.  Sorry, if I sound like such a pussy but I'm too scared to enemate myself.

Although.....I do have that 2 qt. USGI canteen with NBC cap and drinking tube.....NO....NO....I WILL NOT STICK THAT UP MY BUTT NO MATTER HOW CONSTIPATED I AM.
View Quote

I call it 'high stepper' cause when you're done... well....

In all seriousness, if you can get past the ickiness of it all it would probably do you some good. Warm black coffee would do the trick since the tannic acid acts as an emoliant to soften the packed in dookie.

It's not as bad as prostate examination. Nothing can be as demeaning as that for a straight guy. At least the doc was a chick when I lost my virginity.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Go buy a can of beef slim jim's and eat about 8 of those in a row.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Since I started drinking two classes of apple juice a day, I dump like a champ at the same time nearly everyday. [:D]

Try it.

jester  
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Mix one can of copenhagen snuff into some really spicy food, a bowl of chile works pretty good, if it don't come out the top end first it will come out the bottom in a hurry.  If that doesn't work, don't worry about the stomach cramps, just drink a coke and they will go away.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Eat a couple green hot dogs. I did and couldn't stop going for 3 days straight. Another thing that makes me go is reading Shotgun News.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:00:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Regular exercise, fluids and fiber are usually all it takes. Dulcolax works, but that should be a last resort.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
mattja is right.

Go for a run, preferably a short run if you don't run every day.  Drink enough water.  (Beer might help in the short term!)  Eat some fibrous foods every day, like an apple, lettuce, fiber cereals, carrots, etc.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Eat half a chocolate cake, then drink 4 Corona beers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#20]
I found out after surgery that pain meds will stop you up like cement.  Your not taking any pain medication, are you?[;)]

When I'm constipated, I go to Burger King for a whopper and I get the trots pretty soon afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Not that I'm trying to update ya'll on my movements but I drank half a bottle of milk of magnesia and I seemed to clear up the traffic jam.  Now, if I can only STOP the shits!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not that I'm trying to update ya'll on my movements but I drank half a bottle of milk of magnesia and I seemed to clear up the traffic jam.  Now, if I can only STOP the shits!
View Quote

Eat cheese!  Lots of it!  Right now!  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#23]
[center][b]Ahhh.....BEHOLD[/b][/center]
[center][size=6]THE POWER OF CHEESE[/SIZE=6][/CENTER]

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[center][b]Ahhh.....BEHOLD[/b][/center]
[center][size=6]THE POWER OF CHEESE[/SIZE=6][/CENTER]

View Quote

What the hell you guys trying to do to me?  Here I am, dropping my ass and you're telling me to eat Cheese???  Some of you get off on the suffering of other AR15.com members, eh?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You need one of these...

View Quote

Okay..first off...this is just way to funny!  However, why did you have this web page in the first place..hmmmm.

I vote for the Burger King thing.....it works for me.  However, drinking Budweiser also works...not Bud Light..but red and white can Budweiser!

medcop
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Of course, you've heard how the constipated mathematician solved his problem?

He worked it out with a pencil.  

Eww.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some of you get off on the suffering of other AR15.com members, eh?
View Quote

Console yourself with this: at least you don't have an enlarged prostate gland. Can you say: slo-flo pee?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Mrs. Commissioner, RN, says to eat a nice bowl of oatmeal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Man, this forum is nothing if not timely.

Had all of my wisdom teeth taken out a couple of weeks ago. They gave me Lorcet+ (hydrocodone) for the pain.

I didn't realize one of the side effects was potentially serious constipation and I was eating these things like tic-tacs. Even got the refill bottle.

After about 5 days of no business coming out the south end I sat down to see what the problem was. Man I just could not pass this thing...no kidding it was like a goddamn concrete baseball in my ass.  

Actually had to force the thing *back up* the exit chute.

Never having had this problem, I asked the wife what to do and had her get some pills for me. 12 hours later I gave it another shot with no luck again. Physically exhausted trying to get this thing out of my ass.

Starting to get worried at this point and imaging all the fun that would be involved with a friggin enema or trip to the emergency room to unplug my ass. Boy was I looking forward to that humiliation.

So as a last ditch I sent the Mrs back out to get some suppositories. Never even considered sticking things UP my ass before, but things were getting serious.

God bless her, she went back out and got them for me. I inserted 'em where things should not be inserted and sat down to wait. Instructions said they worked in 15min to 1 hour.

After an hour had passed but nothing else had, I decided to double dose myself and crammed a couple of them up as far as nature would allow.

I could tell something was happening by the burning sensation and intestinal discomfort.

Knowing that this was pretty much the last ditch effort on my own with some dignity remaining, I held it as long as I could before mounting the throne for a literal 'doo or die' battle.

I've had car wrecks, motorcycle wrecks, 20 ft falls, internal bleeding, blunt trauma, dislocated joints, cracked bones and projectile vomiting while lying on the floor of gas station. But nothing. And I mean *NOTHING* compared to this.

To make a long story shorter, after 15 minutes of struggle (complete with sound effects and screaming the neighbors could probably hear) I managed to clear the blockage. Actually there were three (3) main accreted masses.

I'm a guy and there was no way in hell I would flush without looking.

So I stand on wobbly legs and turn around to find three totally separate, almost completely round, baseball sized objects stacked in the toilet.

All I can say is that these turds were not of this earth.

To make sure they were dead, I poked 'em with the toilet paper tube and they were literally as hard as rocks.

I resisted the urge to drag the Mrs. in to see them (she later thanked me for this), and it was almost with regret that I flushed them.

I was totally exhausted for the next 8 hours, almost like I had ran a marathon.

That was the most gawd-awful experience *ever*.

The lesson *you* should learn from this is that if you are taking serious pain meds, for god's sake START TAKING FIBER SUPPLEMENTS!!!

If I can prevent that from happening from even one of you guys, consider yourself lucky.

-Observer
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Yup, hydrocodone will do it big time. My wife just got out of the hospital after the c-section and she had a major problem due to that stuff. So, they fixed her up with dulcolax and told her to drink lots of fluids. Now she's a happy camper. :)
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Observer.....My God, man....Not to laugh at your pain, but your vivid acount of the episode was the best thing I've read all day.  My stomache actually hurts!!  No shit!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Observer, try Milk of Magnesia and 2 glasses of water.  That stuff turns everything from the stomach on down into liquid shit.  My dad said during WW2 his parents used to line all the kids up and force feed them 4 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia along with 2 glasses of water once a week.

I feel your pain man, I too have experience the concrete plug.  It sucks being the butt of everyone's jokes but man, there's nothing like spending a little quality time on the throne.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
...I held it as long as I could before mounting the throne for a literal 'doo or die' battle.

...All I can say is that these turds were not of this earth.

...To make sure they were dead, I poked 'em with the toilet paper tube and they were literally as hard as rocks.

-Observer
View Quote

Holy shit, I'm in tears!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
This has got to be the funniest damn thread I have read in ages! Not to be poking fun at ya'll but damn.

Unfortunately my kiddo goes through this scenario(sp?) fairly often, so I know it's not a good thing. But to have the play-by-play (thanks observer) is pretty dang funny.

Hope everything comes out all right. hehe
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yup, hydrocodone will do it big time. My wife just got out of the hospital after the c-section and she had a major problem due to that stuff. So, they fixed her up with dulcolax and told her to drink lots of fluids. Now she's a happy camper. :)
View Quote

LMAO...I'd bet she would appreciate you posting this online.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top