Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2001 6:57:49 PM EDT
I whent to two pawn shops today just to look around and the price of their guns were way to high . Used bush master post ban $800 and wolf 223 $5.99 a box of 20 ,one place had some sks's that would get you 10 years .My brother tried to buy one of those springfield scout rifle shotgun  combo that was $229. opened it up check it out it was dirty had been fired without being cleaned and they still said it was new unfired .I asked did the box come with  it he said he threw it away. I told him I would give $150 he didn't take it o well . Also he said the bushy was new to.    
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The typical ethics of a pawn shop.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The typical ethics of a pawn shop.
View Quote

The games at the county fair are rigged????  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, its not just the pawn shops.  I've had gun dealers try to sell me used guns as new.

Have to be very careful sometimes & do a complete inspection to ensure that it is only test firing from the factory & not a used gun.  Sometimes, it is hard to tell.

Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
So if I go to the car dealer and purchase a "New" car are you telling me it has never been cranked up or driven?[:O]

All guns are shot at least once and "No" gun that I have ever bought New was cleaned after that test firing. None of them from any manufacturer.

New (NIB) means that it has never been sold at retail level.
It may still be 100% even after that but technically it is not NIB.

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top