Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:24:07 PM EDT
A friend tried to register over there the other day and this is what he got back from them.

> From: [email protected]
>
> Dear Slick,
>
> Unfortunately your registration at M4Carbine.net Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.
>
> Sorry,
> M4Carbine.net Forums

WTF do you have to be a "Specul opeRator" to hang out with the godly AR15 shooters over there?

*Edited to add he simply filled out his profile like normal and that was sent back to him....
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, now I gotta go look........And whats so bad about THIS place? We'd love him here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well he wound up joining here and uses that as his "Signature" now...
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#4]
That's only half the story.

What kind of info did he put in the bio?
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been a member there since 11/07.  I forgot that I joined.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's only half the story.

What kind of info did he put in the bio?

He just filled it out normally with e-mail address, intrests, gun collecting etc.Nothing fancy but it was filled out properly as to not suspect a spammer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Membership requirements? Que?

Never knew there were any.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I lurk there,some good stuff over there
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I post every once in a while...not so often though...much more fun in the GD here...
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Not bashing on the site, but the site doesn't seem very noob friendly.  Anything short of LMT, Colt, Noveske is immediately regarded as "trash"
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not bashing on the site, but the site doesn't seem very noob friendly.  Anything short of LMT, Colt, Noveske is immediately regarded as "trash"

One of the MANY reasons to just stay over here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Generally speaking, that is because those are the top 3 manufacturers in quality.

If all you want in an AR is a plinker, then buy what you want.

Some people rely on them for a bit more than that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#15]
What is your friends email domain?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#16]

He must not have been tall enough.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yeah, and since many of the members over there are of a more professional bent, they would naturally gravitate toward the higher-end gear.

*shrug*. It's a nice place, I see each filling a niche.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
They would like to appeal to professionals. Whether or not this is a good thing is open for debate I suppose, but they fill a niche.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Dear Slick?

I wonder...was there a reason for that or does that guy address all his correspondence that way?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I've always had a pleasant experience over there. Anytime I've conversed w/ Grant, he is short and to the point. Take the place or leave it- I guess, if people feel the need to bash it and complain here; it would be best that you leave it...
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I like aspects of both.  Many folks are member os both sites and The High Road, HKForum, EOTac forum,  and M14.com.  A couple of our mods do double duty.  The problem was too high for my pay grade.  Neither site is going to kick the advertisers who are in both places off.  I support most of them financially.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#22]
haha

In before the shitstorm.

<insert shitstorm pic here>

They have some REALLY great tacked technical threads over there.  <shrug>  I like the place (lurker).
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Funny!

Their standards aren't too high - they let me in.

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I lurk over there for the tech info...  Pretty good stuff and the reviews are good as well.  I wonder how Mark Larue feels that ADM is so well thought of over there though.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Personally I prefer this GD to theirs, ours isn't *too* restricted although theirs is restricted to news and current events.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I've always had a pleasant experience over there. Anytime I've conversed w/ Grant, he is short and to the point. Take the place or leave it- I guess, if people feel the need to bash it and complain here; it would be best that you leave it...

That's just him. I've emailed and talked to him on the phone before, he's a direct to-the-point kind of guy.

Not saying I know him by any stretch, only that this was my experience as well.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

> From: [email protected]
>
> Dear Slick,
>
> Unfortunately your registration at M4Carbine.net Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.
>
> Sorry,
> M4Carbine.net Forums

That kind of sounds like our friend from AZ who said he was going to buy HK a few years back.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I do cry just a little bit everytime someone calls me clueless

If you're married, I bet you cry a lot.

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I have an account over there, but I don't use it much now that I'm on here.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just him. I've emailed and talked to him on the phone before, he's a direct to-the-point kind of guy.

Not saying I know him by any stretch, only that this was my experience as well.

I wasn't saying anything bad about that method. I actually prefer that, rather than hearing about how SF or some super secret ninja force operators are using a product, he just tells you what you want to know, how much, and when you'll get it. Seems G2G for me and I wish that site the best of luck.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Edit-Nice to see Randall Rausch (ar15barrells) has found a new home

I was wondering why I hadn't seen post from him in awhile. What happend?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I've been told and in short: He was taking deposits for work that he couldn't keep up with.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screwed over a bunch of guys over here on barrel work.  No longer a dealer/industry partner.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Generally speaking, that is because those are the top 3 manufacturers in quality.

Tell me a few differences between a Stag and an LMT/Noveske.

Put the cool aid down. My Bushmaster and Stag has and will run besides any LMT or Noveske.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell me a few differences between a Stag andan LMT/Noveske.

Put the cool aid down. My Bushmaster and Stag has and will run besides any LMT or Noveske.

Hey if you're fine with that then fine. Whatever.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Personally I prefer this GD to theirs, ours isn't *too* restricted although theirs is restricted to news and current events.

You say that like it's a BAD thing.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I asked you a question. Tell me the difference between the $800 Stag and the $1000 LMT please.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I asked you a question. Tell me the difference between the $800 Stag and the $1000 LMT please.

Haha.  Nothing wrong with a stag.

However, no M4 feedramps, 1/9 (only matters if you want 1/7), no h-buffer.

Those are the only things I can remember off hand.  Not sure about MP, pressure testing, etc. with Stag, though I've heard good things.

eta:  I seem to remember that carrier-key staking was also hit and miss.  

Does Stag stake the castle nut?
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you'd think a Deer would be a lot harder to rollmark than three letters and reflect a cost indicative of that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Not to be a dick, but I'm curious, too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought too, that Noveske's Receivers were contract runs through CMT anyway? I know the barrels are not.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$200 + a name change... Now back on topic.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Point out the errors in in_burrito/Norman_74/Rob_S/King of the Sock Puppets little chart and you'll see how "professional" Grant is. Rob's probably half the people on that site

what chart?

<--not a member of m4carbine.net, not going there to hunt around for things to complain about or charts or whatever....just curious.

Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Haha.  Nothing wrong with a stag.

However, no M4 feedramps, 1/9 (only matters if you want 1/7), no h-buffer.

Does Stag stake the castle nut?

Both of my Stag complete lowers came with H-buffer and proper staking on both the key and nut.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Point out the errors in in_burrito/Norman_74/Rob_S/King of the Sock Puppets little chart and you'll see how "professional" Grant is. Rob's probably half the people on that site

what chart?

<--not a member of m4carbine.net, not going there to hunt around for things to complain about or charts or whatever....just curious.

The "Your gun's not a Colt so your penis will fall off" chart

AH yes, also known as the "If you don't have parkerizing under the front sight base, shoot yourself because it's NOT MIL SPEC!" list.
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I mainly just use my Bushmaster for Coyote hunting and I haven't had a coyote complain about the Rifle maker that killed him
But I am going to be soon in the market for an AR-15 Carbine and was wondering what the big difference was in all of the AR-15 manufacturers, hell at one time someone told me that Stag makes almost ALL of the lowers for everyone else and just stamps different company names on the Mag well I don't know if it is true or not but I would like to know the MAJOR differsnces in makers, and I saw the M4 Feed Ramps is a differnce so I will need to find out more before I buy my next AR-15
Link Posted: 7/7/2008 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what chart?

The "Your gun's not a Colt so your penis will fall off" chart

AH yes, also known as the "If you don't have parkerizing under the front sight base, shoot yourself because it's NOT MIL SPEC!" list.

Hey, the rifle range can get pretty ugly at times, without M4 feed ramps and an H buffer you could get yourself killed
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top