no country..gives me a nose bleed.

Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Multiple choice on this one, ... also classic rock
And "mom and dad music"  Like, right now, I'm listening to Dean Martin [:)]

Next it's Tannhouser!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
95% classic rock.  5% new age country (Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, etc.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I like everything from good classical,(Liszt, Strauss, Chopin, Mozart, and Beethoven)......to Rock and Roll from the 50's through the 70's, (Jerry Lee Lewis, Jefferson Airplane, the Grateful Dead)......to industrial German bands of today, (Einstürzende Neubauten, die Krupps, etc.), to 1920's to 40's American and German swing and jazz, to Celtic traditional music, and a few others I forgot to mention.

It would be easier to say what I *don't* like, which is, (c)rap, religious music, mariachi tunes, and Bulgarian folk singing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Old school country (Hank Williams Sr, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, etc.) and those who still stick to country roots.  That new crap is soulless pop music sung by people who aren'y qualified to be more than eye candy.

Old and New School Punk/Oi/Ska.

Classic Rock.

Southern Rock.

80's metal, mostly thrash.

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Deftones and Incubus (stuff that's hard but melodic).  Most of the bands claiming to be new metal are pretty much crap and are starting to look and sound the same.  It's turning into the 80's all over again, with few outstanding examples actually defnining the genre, some of whom I mentioned.

Old school hip hop.  (there is a difference between rap and hip hop.  All rap sucks, especially Gangsta Rap.)

Electronica, though some of the sub-genres make me nauseous.  I'm partial to trance, epic trance, and some happy hardcore.  House anything makes me sick.

Oh, and your favorite band sucks. [}:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
what no video game and anime section [:(]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I listen to the BLUES!  It's the only real feeling music left in our society.  Just listen to some Nina Simone, Muddy Waters, Wes Montgomery, Johnny Lee Hooker, B.B. King and for the younger crowd try some Johnny Lang the 17 year-old guitar master.  Yea baby!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Me thinks I'm the only one into techno and dance music. Funny cause just about everyone I know that have the same taste in music are anti-gun and democrats to boot. Guess I just don't quite fit in any mold. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Rammstein

Country

Classic Rock
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
LT,

You're not the only one here that likes techno, you're just the first person to mention it.

The CDs in my desk drawer here at work are all from Oakenfold, Fontaine, Warren, etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Me thinks I'm the only one into techno and dance music. Funny cause just about everyone I know that have the same taste in music are anti-gun and democrats to boot. Guess I just don't quite fit in any mold. [:D]
View Quote

4 posts before this one I refer to it as "Electronica," as there are many different genres and they get pissy when you call it "Techno." [:D]  Or at least that's the DJ friends I know.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Been listening to a lot of Bestial Warlust lately. [:D]

Nu-metal is [b]NOT[/b] metal!! It's mallcore. Or (c)rapcore. Or wigger core. You get the idea. Support it's demise...
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]
What the hell?

Where's the techno option?

[soapbox]

[:)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Classic rock
Lynrd Skynrd
Led Zepplin
The Who
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
The Outlaws

Link Posted: 11/27/2001 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Classic rock....stuff I grew up with....somewhat selective.....SOME country...definitely NOT the commercial pre-washed stuff........and then the favorite....bluegrass....(modern)...especially alison krauss...and...oh-yeah....D-A-C......[stick]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Classical, dudes!

Symphonies, chamber music, solo piano.  Not much into Baroque-y music or pre-1800 stuff
(except Bach).  Brahms, Schubert, Beethoven,
Chopin (yes!), Dvorak, Mahler, Schumann, Liszt,
Rachmaninoff. Not much opera except for Wagner
& Strauss; Italian opera doesn't do much for me.

But I have been to see the Mentors (albeit quite drunk!).
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

4 posts before this one I refer to it as "Electronica," as there are many different genres and they get pissy when you call it "Techno." [:D]  Or at least that's the DJ friends I know.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

OK OK, industrial, drum and bass, electronica. Those types [;)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I like to mix (DJ) Trance. But listen to most all groovy techno, house, breakbeat -etc.

I also catch classical to meditate to.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#20]
right on! there are some others of you on here...
-GodBlessTexas, you can always slap that Electronica label back at 'em if ya want, since it was called 'Techno' unofficially first (and maybe even 'house' before that). The record stores started grouping the music into genres to make it easier to catagorize, and I don't know who came up with "Electronica" but it only came into being about 4 years ago... whereas the music has been around for over 15.

Just my personal peeve. I hate DJs who think they know everything, and then can't even spin good. Know too many of those!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top