Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2001 4:31:28 PM EDT
[url]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/002/q5/J9/Cn/bG66987.jpg[/url]
My Grandfather gave me this. He told me a buddy of his made this before the battle for Anzio with only a file, and a torch.
.50 slugs on a 75mm base(1941 stamp) w/.30 cal cases for butts. soldered with bullet lead.
He came into posession of it when his bud was killed at Anzio.
Edited to reduce to a link ( too big )
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have (had? haven't seen it since I moved) some sort of large artillery shell casing that had been decorated (stippled);  no idea where it is now.  Picked it up at a gunshow years ago;  don't know the story behind it, unfortunately. [:(]

That's a nice piece of work;  please keep the story with it, whatever is known. . . .
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
gastrap, thanks for sharing the story and art with us...I love this type of thing

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top