Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 6:38:05 PM EDT
I had decided to get into IDPA shooting and bought a holster and mag holster for my Sig from Midway.  But like an idiot, I forgot to buy a good belt.   Yesterday, the day after Thanksgiving, I stopped by a local police equipment store to buy a belt for my new holster.  They were closed but left a nice sign in the window telling everyone who wasn’t in law enforcement to stay out.

What the hell is going on here?  Is everyone caving in to PC behavior and acting like a coward?   One of my friends in Milwaukee told me that one of the police supply stores there was thinking of doing the same thing.  Maybe as a x-mas gift I should get the store a subscription to Opra or Rosie magazine.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go in there and act like I was really interested in some of their more expensive items. Maybe checking out some body armor and other neat stuff. Then act like you just notice the sign on the door and tell them what you think about it and that you can get any of their junk cheaper on the net anyways and walk out.

Sometimes I get bored on my days off.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Police equipment stores are notoriously over priced. They do this because Cops get an annual uniform/equipment allowance and cops are too lazy/busy to shop around. I know this because I've been a cop for 14 years. Don't shop at those places if you don't have to. They are complete assholes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top