Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2008 9:51:42 AM EDT
OK, some of you people must have heard of this guy:

www.combatreform2.com/aesindex.htm

www.combatreform2.com/

He claims to run the "1st Tactical Studies Group" which as far as I can tell is a collection of bombastic rants written by him. Apparently he knows everything about maneuver warfare, and if he were in charge the war on terror would have been won September 12, 2001.

Among other things, he thinks that:

All E-8 and E-9 ranks in all branches of the military are unneeded.

He has a bizarre fetish for the M-113, and believes it is the solution to all the military's problems. In contrast, the Stryker and wheeled combat vehicles in general are worthless.

The entire US Marine Corps is composed of "narcissists"(a word he really likes to toss around) and should be disbanded.

Soldiers need to be issued some kind of transparent bullet resistant shield to attach to the front of their rifle.

Anyone who disagrees with him is a "narcissist," idiot or working for the Bush administration(which he despises as "Satanic.")

So who the hell is this guy?
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagscribe for later, this could be good
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Well....the thing about E-8s and E-9s....maybe
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well....the thing about E-8s and E-9s....maybe

O-1's and O-2's too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#4]
He probably thinks we should bring back Spc.  5 6 and 7
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I think he's Mike Hunts cousin.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike Sparks is an idiot.  I've dealt with him first-hand and was not impressed.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I dunno, but you can actually find copies of the book he co-authored on "Air-Mech Strike" in the PX or Clothing and Sales...as smart as he is about warfare, he never seemed to be able to locate the CAPS LOCK key...
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think he's Mike Hunts cousin.

Decendant of Mike Unthertz
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#10]
If we didn't have E-8s and E-9s, who would make sure that gun trucks in Iraq are carefully parked in straight lines and that Soldiers just in from missions put on reflective belts to go to chow?
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#11]
This guy is being brought up on more than one forum I frequent as of late.  The consensus is he's a total fucktard.  I don't believe he's ever served in the military. If he had I'm sure he was a sanitary engineer or mess kit repairman.  I read some of his ramblings just for laughs and I found that this guy doesnt have a fucking clue what hers talking about and that he's a latent homosexual with a penchant for buggering Dragon dolls.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If we didn't have E-8s and E-9s, who would make sure that gun trucks in Iraq are carefully parked in straight lines and that Soldiers just in from missions put on reflective belts to go to chow?

And yell at E-4's that are Corporal longer than 3 months for not being a Sergeant...

And decide that Converse boots are for faggots and Airmen and they're not allowed in his Regiment...

And dictate that boonie hats, even though issued, are the same as above...

And IR flag patches...

P.S.  The 113 and all variants are shitty vehicles.  Unless you're 2 feet tall.  And like to fix broken shit 24/7.   And don't like speed.   Or armor.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]
He has been playing too much "Army of Two"
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, here's his plan to dominate the battlefield with "battle boxes"(shipping containers):

www.geocities.com/strategicmaneuver/
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's true, what ever would we do?!
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
He's a mincing twat.  He believes aliens are demons and come from a hollow earth.  I'm not making that up.  He has a page that says exactly that.

He was in the Marine Corps as and enlisted man and went to OCS, where people were less than impressed.  He was basically offered mess repair officer at the end of TBS.  He got out and went in to the Army as an enlisted man, and got his commission in the National Guard.  I think in Mech Infantry.

He's an obnoxious cunt and has a hard on for the Corps since they kicked him to the curb.  He has basically shit on our dead, he's has mocked and insulted guys killed in training and combat.  

He is scum.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
He probably thinks we should bring back Spc.  5 6 and 7

We probably should.  And combat arms Warrant Officers too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 12:52:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Who, Mike Jones ???
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Total idiotic dipshit with no knowledge of reality clinging to '60s failed tchnology (M113).

But I hear he is nice to his dog.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Who the heck is "Mike Sparks?"

The nut-job who claims the M113 is named the "Gavin", who especially hates the USMC and has been banned from every military discussion board on the net.

Sparky disscusion Tanknet

Additionally he's all over You-Tube under several different accounts, one of which is dynmicpara, search M113 and most of the results are him.

From his You-Tube profile...

I'm a member of the Airborne & Amphibious, Light & Heavy, Army & marine, enlisted & officer clubs--I just never did and don't now buy into their myriad immoral and incompetent BULLSHITS--or anyone else's. As a PROFESSIONAL--not a junior back-stabbing, bureaucrat--I follow my conscience in order to do what's morally and strategically, operationally and technotactically RIGHT based on FACTS and BEST practices. If YOU have "a problem with that" as it contradicts your BS lemming-learned prejudices: YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

He is a complete and total military hating crazy asshole.

Link Posted: 6/26/2008 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top