Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 3:34:09 PM EDT
How do you get the damn recoil spring back in ? I changed stocks on my L1A1 and the spring is too snakey. Email help please
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to remove the spring to install the new stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#2]
You want the easy way or the hard way?

I'll give ya the easiest way with materials you have already...ok

Take a piece of a cleaning rod, I have one that breaks down into 3 pieces.  Note I never stick that p.o.s. in a gun barrel.  Anyway stick the rod through the srping and then insert them both into the buttstock which is already attached to the tune right?  Then push the nut that holds it all in place down over the rod and spring to compress it enough to start the thread.  Once the threads get started you can pull the rod out.  If ya need pictures LMK [:D]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What he said.  My suggestion is that you invest NOW in a FAL tool, not two years from now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You want to use a .22 pistol rod or the part of a .22 rifle rod with the tee handle.  You then put the nut on the rod and then the spring.  Insert the spring into the housing and use the rod to control the compression.  when you get the spring in tighting the nut with your fingers then take out the rod (slowly just incase) and tighten the nut down.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Where were you guys when this happened to me. It took me two days to figure out the .22 rod trick on my own. But seriously, after I went through this mess on my own I found the FAQ section at the FAL board. Check it out there is alot of great info over there. www.fnfal.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top