Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2001 8:16:59 AM EDT

I am visiting PA from FL, and PA has reciprocity with my state for concealed carry.  I am thinking of taking my family to see the liberty bell, etc.   Can I carry in the city of Philadelphia, or is it illegal in the city?  Thanks- (also posted on the legal section, before you ask).
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can carry in Philadelphia, but be advised that some of the historical sites such as the Liberty Bell are National Park sites, and have different rules.

Of course, if you're carrying concealed, this should only be of concern to you if there's a metal detector or Park Police with Garrett wands.

Another good place to check for carry issues is [url]www.packing.org[/url].
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Semper Fi Jarhead, and thanks for the good news.  I'll have to figure out what the rules are for the Nat'l Park Sites, as I would like to take them to a few of those places in the city.  I checked "Packing.org" before posting, but they didn't list anything specific for Philly that I could find.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
National parks are federal property. The feds prohibit private citizens from carrying firearms on federal property.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Semper Fi Jarhead, and thanks for the good news.  I'll have to figure out what the rules are for the Nat'l Park Sites, as I would like to take them to a few of those places in the city.  I checked "Packing.org" before posting, but they didn't list anything specific for Philly that I could find.  
View Quote

Yeah, the Philadelphia Police put you through the wringer if you live and apply for your CHL there, even though PA is a shall-issue state and state law trumps city law. Since you've got a FL license, this isn't an issue for you, and you're good to go.

Since Texas and Pennsylvania don't have a reciprocity agreement, I got my PA CHL entirely through the mail, dealing with Sheriff Mike DeLeo of Lebanon County, PA. Good, pro-rights folks up there in Lebanon County, and he made it very easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top