Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2001 1:29:00 AM EDT
I don't think this anthrax letters business is being done by Muslim extremists. Aside, for a moment, from the inefficient method used to spread it, why would any of Bin Laden's buddies target so many Democrats when our nation is now led by a Republican president?

Neither do I believe it's right-wing militia groups. Those are pretty simple folks, not likely to possess weapons-grade anthrax, and too patriotic to attack our nation when it is already under attack from outside forces.

Nor does the FBI's theory about an anti-social loner ring true. Because such a person would be trying to strike out and cause harm, and I don't think the goal of the perpetrator is to cause harm.

Think about it. If this was real terrorists or anybody trying to do major harm, they'd have dumped a flour sack of this stuff out of a helicopter over Detroit, or spread it throughout the New York City subway system, or used an insulation blower out a broken skyscraper window someplace -- the first time they used it. 50 or 100 thousand people or more would have been dead or as good as dead before we even realized what was going on, and an entire major city would be virtually uninhabitable for decades due to stray spores drifting around.

No, I think this is some cruel and twisted but patriotic person trying to "immunize" our country against something far worse that the handful of deaths we've seen so far. Somebody who knew how bad this stuff really is, and felt that our law enforcement and medical communities were not knowledgeable enough about it and that nobody would take it seriously until there were deaths. This person took it upon himself to murder a few innocent people in what he saw as an attempt to save millions.

My guess is that the person is a Republican, and felt both that Democrat targets were more expendable and that our current president could be trusted to handle things correctly in the resulting crisis. Maybe someone with a military background, or a scientist of some sort with Republican/conservative political leanings.

And I think the plan has worked. Anything that looks remotely like anthrax spores is cause for immediate investigation now. Any sudden outburst of suspiciously sick people would get immediate attention now. Doctors and scientists know 500 times more about inhaled anthrax than they did a couple months ago. And any attempt to use anthrax as a really large-scale weapon would be relatively futile compared to what would have happened if we were took by surprise.

That's my fanciful theory, and I'm sticking to it.

-- Fuzzbean the Profiler
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Was it YOU Fuzzbean? [;)]

Fess up. Where did ya get the stuff?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was it YOU Fuzzbean? [;)]

Fess up. Where did ya get the stuff?
View Quote

Hey, I'm an anti-social loner. I've already ruled myself out.

And I swear that's just corn starch I use to soak oil out of old gunstocks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:07:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 4:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]
... I think this is a truly plausible angle
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My guess is that the person is a Republican,...
-- Fuzzbean the Profiler
View Quote

Nahh! I would place my money it being a liberal democrat college biology professor or TA. By sending relatively low doses to the news media outlets, he ensured that the threat would be instantly transmitted world wide. By selecting the leading Democratic Party figureheads as recipients, he may have wanted to elevate them to some sort of fortunate "almost a martyr to the cause" status.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Does that work?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]
None of the cases has been solved. Investigators linked all the cases to tainted mail - except for the death of the hospital worker, Kathy Nguyen.

Has she been cleared???

Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:....

No, I think this is some cruel and twisted but patriotic person trying to "immunize" our country against something far worse that the handful of deaths we've seen so far. Somebody who knew how bad this stuff really is, and felt that our law enforcement and medical communities were not knowledgeable enough about it and that nobody would take it seriously until there were deaths. This person took it upon himself to murder a few innocent people in what he saw as an attempt to save millions.

My guess is that the person is a Republican, and felt both that Democrat targets were more expendable and that our current president could be trusted to handle things correctly in the resulting crisis. Maybe someone with a military background, or a scientist of some sort with Republican/conservative political leanings.

And I think the plan has worked. Anything that looks remotely like anthrax spores is cause for immediate investigation now. Any sudden outburst of suspiciously sick people would get immediate attention now. Doctors and scientists know 500 times more about inhaled anthrax than they did a couple months ago. And any attempt to use anthrax as a really large-scale weapon would be relatively futile compared to what would have happened if we were took by surprise.

That's my fanciful theory, and I'm sticking to it.

-- Fuzzbean the Profiler
View Quote

Maybe Admiral WIlliam Crowe or his minions at Bioport Corporation???!! [:0]

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does that work?
View Quote

It works some. I mix the spores into a paste with acetone and brush it on. The acetone penetrates down into the wood then returns to the surface to evaporate, carrying some oil or grease up with it. Then scrape and brush off the coating and repeat 99 times.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]
F. Bean, basically the FBI is in agreement with you.
Add 'possibly this person has tried to  previously warn the nation but was ignored' and that's about it.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
(Common, ordinary)Gardin Wessel, my offer is up to $12.00 for that name !
[:D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
F. Bean, basically the FBI is in agreement with you.
Add 'possibly this person has tried to  previously warn the nation but was ignored' and that's about it.  
View Quote

We'll all be shocked to learn that the culprit was actually interviewed by a major TV network on this subject 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Weren't there also some anthrax-laced letters that showed up Russia, Germany and Pakistan? What about those?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You have a specific name in mind Fuzzy?
View Quote

No, just being a smartass. But you're going to wonder when it turns out to be true, aren't you?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Weren't there also some anthrax-laced letters that showed up Russia, Germany and Pakistan? What about those?
View Quote

There's a perfectly logical explanation for that. I just haven't made it up yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#18]
hnmmmm?

[url]http://www.bioport.com/default.asp[/url]

even after they had reduced production of the vacine? they were still subsidized for millions by the Feds for no output ??
they have alot at stake here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top