Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/21/2001 7:26:02 PM EDT
First of all,I'm not looking for any sympathy,I'm just venting a little.Here goes-My younger sister was about 5 1/2 months pregnant and she just lost here baby a couple of nights ago.My mom is sick w/the flu and she's just gonna relax and get better.My father has also been sick and he usually spends the day w/my grandfather.and right now I'm supposed to be celibrating a pre-Thanksgiving at the bar where my GF works,but I'm so pissed off at her right now thatI can hardly see straight![:(!] On the bright side,I got a nice little check today and I'm off work till monday(paid),work has been picking up as well.I told my mom that I'm putting Thanksgiving on hold this year and that I'm looking forward to a better x-mas w/ the family. So much for the rant,I feel a little better getting it off my chest.Think I might just pack it in and head out to the desert for a couple of days to blow off some steam and lead.[heavy]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:28:30 PM EDT
That does suck. Go shoot, you'll feel better after some destruction. Chuck
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:02:57 PM EDT
sluggo, Sorry to hear about your sis'. I'm not spreading pity here, the wife and I lost ours after three months a couple years ago. He would have been our first. As to everything else, tell your mom and pop to take it easy, and since I don't know whats up with you and your better half, I'll just keep my nose out of it. She's a nice lady, though. The wife and I might go out to Calico this weekend ourselves. The plans were concrete until my wifes sister called her this morning and told her that her husband split. What a blow the day before Thanksgiving, eh? Take it easy, bro.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:02:05 PM EDT
Sorry about your sis. That's a nightmare. But you may want to count your blessing for still having a job in this crummy economy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:57:46 AM EDT
Damm, sorry to hear that. Hope your brother in law is taking it well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:16:30 AM EDT
Well hell, Hate to hear that, come on over to Arkansas and have dinner with us and then we'll go shoot something!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:10:40 AM EDT
Happier days in the future sluggolbc, if your a Christian maybe it's time to give God a call. I'm a sinner in progress, but I still pray all the time, and It REALLY does smooth life's bumps out. I hope you sister is OK, she probably can use a extra measure of TLC right about now. Best wishes to all of you at this holiday time. Good luck
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:28:31 AM EDT
Take your own advice, head to the desert. Relax enjoy the quiet and the suroundings. After each tour of duty in nam(3) that's where I headed, the open space, the clear nights, and the closeness of nature, it all works wonders. Life just IS, that's all. RL
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:17:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2001 3:09:51 AM EDT by ARMALITE-FAN]
I have already had Thanksgiving.Last Sunday.One person who couldn't be in town today ,so we had it then.Wait till next weekend and have it then. I missed thanks giving once when I was in the hospital for a month.I had a TPN line in so I didn't even to get to eat in there.I never miss another holiday,we'll just have it later. Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 4:01:10 AM EDT
LIQUOR [beer] Happy Thanksgiving. Michael
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:21:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:40:52 AM EDT
Sorry to hear about your lousy luck! To keep things in perspective, would you like to trade with one of 4000+ families in PA or NY? Didn't think so. Be thankful for what you DO HAVE good!!
Top Top