Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2001 12:29:33 PM EDT
What I initially thought was just a feel good Democrat bill, has turned out to co-sponsored by a number of [b]Republicans[/b].

An Act to amend 938.78 (3) and 946.82 (4); and to create 941.2985 of the statutes; relating to: firearm flash suppressors and providing a penalty. (FE)

10-15-01.       A.       Introduced by Representatives Staskunas, Ladwig, Jeskewitz, Bies, Ryba, Colon, La Fave, Boyle, Kreuser, Stone and Ott; cosponsored by Senators Burke, Roessler, Rosenzweig and Huelsman.
View Quote

This would [b]BAN[/b] flash suppressors in Wisconsin, though I don't know if previously owned FS's would be grandfathered in.

The following Republicans in the Assembly introduced this bill:

Ladwig
Jeskewitz
Bies
Stone
Ott

The following Republican senators cosponsored the Assembly bill:

Roessler
Rosenzweig

For more information see [url]www.thewheelerreport.com[/url]

AB567: Bans flash suppressors
AB529: Allows CCW by retired LEO's (passed 87-10 by Assembly)

These Republicans will be getting a letter from me.  I suggest that if you live in their districts they get phone calls or visits from you.

Between this and the upcoming shall-issue CCW bill in WI, I think I'll be drafting a lot of letters this Thanksgiving....

EDITED for typos
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
These pro-gun republicans aren't really for this bill, they are just doing a masterful job at getting an early start in their re-election campaigns. It is not a good idea to begin writing letters in objection because it will show to the democrats that there is dissention within the GOP. Besides, even if the bill passes and becomes law, it probably will only apply to non-citizens anyway.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
We need a special Imbroglio sarcasm smiley.  My guess is that it would have gotten used at least 4206 times....

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a link to the bill itself...

[url]http://folio.legis.state.wi.us/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=76454&headingswithhits=on&hitsperheading=on&infobase=bills01.nfo&jump=ab567&softpage=Document#JUMPDEST_ab567[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't the Second Amendment say " sahll not be infringed"? You can't be in the Militia without Militia weapons, so F**K 'em! Just remember, you might have to fight for your rights.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Why are these idiots going after flash suppressors?  Why don't they try to make triggers or buttstocks illegal?  Hmmmm... Maybe they should rewrite the bill to forbid AWs from having any moving parts.

I have to conclude that a week's worth of what comes out the back end of my Black Lab is worth more than a room full of politicians. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF!  There is also a movement to make the transfer and licensing of automatics (machine guns) the same as high explosives.  I'M SO PISSED!

Write your fucking reps and tell them to get their heads out of their asses.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Muad_Dib:

I've already emailed Jensen.  We'll see what he thinks. Otherwise I'll hopefully have letters in the mail early next week.  I'm tempted to send them to EVERYONE in both the assembly and the senate....
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Corey:

I've been emailing everyone about the PPA.  I think a lot of them just blow me off because I'm not in their district.  I've gotten a lot of good letters though and a few phonecalls to talk about it.  I need to sit down this weekend after all the family holiday buzz slows down and write some letters.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Muad_Dib:

Yeah, I've been having trouble getting a spare moment to write letters, but have pretty much got them mapped out.  Hopefully I'll be mailing a bunch on Monday.

Do you have the exact numbers of Democrats who lost their seats due to the '94 Krime Bill?  I'd like to include something in there to that effect.

And when it comes to being outside a district, I am expecting that a lot of my letters will get blown off.  Inside my District, I don't hold much hope of swaying the opinions of Mark Pocan and Fred Risser....

On a more optimistic note, don't the Assembly Republicans have one of the biggest majorities in recent years?  And we're down one vote in the Senate, IIRC.  Of course, that presumes that all Republicans will support RKBA, which I think AB567 shows is not the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top