Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2001 5:50:37 AM EDT
Road Trip!!!

I'm heading for Tucson, AZ to spend Thanksgiving with family, and have all day Friday ("The Busiest Shopping Day of the Year") to goof off alone in the Zone with a pocketfull of cash.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for stores that carry parts and accessories for AR-15 and FAL rifles in Tucson and Phoenix, or nearby communities.  Choices in my neighborhood are limited.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
West of the Pecos Gun Shop
5118 E Pima St
Tucson, AZ 85712
520-325-4867

Don't know if they sell ARs, but you can call, or use anywho.com and search for others.

Mike

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have extra time and money I suggest TD's, a fine gentlemans club in Tucson.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard of TDs, but I'm not a fine gentleman.

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
West of the Pecos Gun Shop
5118 E Pima St
Tucson, AZ 85712
520-325-4867
Don't know if they sell ARs, but you can call, or use anywho.com and search for others.
Mike  
View Quote

This is a neat place to look around. I don't know how thier prices compare to other shops in town, but they always have a great selection of rifles and shotguns, mostly used, and new and used handguns. All packed in a room about the size of most living rooms.
About half a block down the road is a Jensen's.
Also, Cashbox jewelry and loan is a pawn shop with a decent sized gun shop. You never know what you might find in this place.
I can't find my phone book at the moment, so I'll edit this later with phone numbers and addresses.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I was there a few years ago with a retired SEAL and Marine Capt. We spent about 8 hours, went in a noon left at eight that night. Cute girls, beer and $6.00 lap dances, What else do you need.    
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:48:35 AM EDT
[#6]
JIMBEAM,

I live in SAN DIEGO.  We have no shortage of fine gentlemens' clubs here. [bounce]

But we do have a shortage of AR parts places.  I rely on gun shows and mail order, but there are some things we just can't get here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it worth going to the ASA showroom?

btt
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I don' know of a Tucson shop that specializes in AR/FAL stuff, but my favorite gun shop (West of the Pecos is my #2) is Murphy's on Country Club just North of Ft. Lowell.  Considerably bigger than WotP, good selection of stuff, good staff (closer to me, too).
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#9]
How bought JG sales in Prescott?Or the Armory in Mesa.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don' know of a Tucson shop that specializes in AR/FAL stuff, but my favorite gun shop (West of the Pecos is my #2) is Murphy's on Country Club just North of Ft. Lowell.  Considerably bigger than WotP, good selection of stuff, good staff (closer to me, too).
View Quote

I'll SECOND this opinion, Murphy's is my first stop, then the others. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]
... If you make it up to the Valley see Mark Graham @ [url]http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com[/url] He's good but always seems to be in a bad mood.

... Next month Derek & Bratty will be here too. He's good and they are more fun to deal with.
see: [url]http://www.azexarms.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd go by Cavalry Arms, before I drove all the way up to north Scottsdale to ASA, especially with all the shoppers out roaming around. They're right off of the 60, between Mesa Drive, and Stapley. And, when you're done, you can go right over to In & Out and get a burger!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I want to thank everyone very much.  I'm going to far north Tucson for Thanksgiving, about 12 miles out of town up the 77.  Will try to hit up every open one I can find in the area on Friday then cruise home via Phoenix.  Looking forward to seeing that part of the desert again.

A very happy Thanksgiving to all, and btt.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
If you do go to ASA, check out The Armory, 3 doors down. Nice Class 3 stuff too.
coyote3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top