Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 9:53:59 AM EDT
I just received the December 2001 issue of American Rifleman magazine.
I did a quick once through just to get the highlights and found a small article that might interest some people on the forum, especially motorcycle riders.
I'm going to retype the article here for you to read:

"Scum In The Pool"
Over the years, the Rifleman staff has heard from hundreds, if not thousands, of motorcycle enthusiasts who are also NRA members. As a matter of fact, you'll find quite a few motorcycles everyday in NRA's parking lot. Many of those we've heard from take freedom very seriously-whether it comes to the Right to Keep and Bear Arms or riding. Not so with the editorial staff of the magazine Motorcycle Cruiser. Apparently, advertisements from firms such as Henry Repeating Arms Co. and Smith & Wesson ran in its pages. A few anti-gun readers wrote in complaining about the ads, and the editors not only chose to print them but followed up with an editor's note that read in part:"...The truth is, all of us at Mtorocycyle Cruiser despise guns. ...The gun ads have disappeared. But in the future, please bear in mind that scum grows in every pool. We'll keep ours as clean as possible."
We're not sure if Motorcycle Cruiser regards those who bought ads in the magazine or all those who lawfully own firearms as "scum," but you can be sure our coffee tables will be "clean" of Motorcycle Cruiser for some time to come.
View Quote

I only wished I subscribed to Motorcycle Cruiser magazine so I could cancell my subscription!!!

Just wanted to add that there was a very small paragraph about the new Armalite AR-180B also.
It has a picture that screams "This is a Must Buy Rifle!!!"
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

Fred
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I read that too.  Makes me want to visit their parking lot with a steamroller.

If they thought we were that dangerous they wouldn't be calling us "pond scum".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top