Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 6:35:41 AM EDT
OK, I've decided its time to get another tat. This has been a long thought out decision, so now I want to be picky and get something custom done.

Anyone here that can help me design it, or look at my final design(s) and tell me if it is possible?  I basically know what I want and have alot of ideas, but I'm no artist.

What I have in mind is a silhouette of two guns, an flintlock and an AR, either crossed or in there somehow? Also Moln Labe or other text?

I would like some color in there as well,
preferably a flag of some sort, or flag and eagle, but that is what I am stuck on how to incoorporate? (BTW going on my right arm)

All help and ideas will be greatly appreciatted, hell I will even pay for your idea/work if I decide to use it and reasnable?

Later

IAJack

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
There's nothing better than a classic eagle, clutching a ribbon, with a motto. Throw a flag in there, too.
Stay away from guns in your tattoo, they never look right.

Get it BIG and on the bicep.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for lunch
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Just be sure if you choose "Moln Labe" that you spell it right- I think tattoos are pretty permanent, no?  I believe it's spelled "Molon Labe" (no, it's not the Canadian beer or some tribute to "lips"...)

And why not a chain-gun or something?  Spewing lead and a flame 10 feet long?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I dont spell check myself at work very well when in a hurry...or anytime for that matter!!

keep the ideas coming..thanks

PS: where you at in WI tattoo? be interested in doing it for me if I made a road trip?

Later
IAJack
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Molon Labe. People will see it, say WTH is that? you tell 'em, and the next thing you know you'll be taken 'em to the range and shooting their AR15. Who knows, might convert a few anti's and bring more chicks to the range.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
bump for the evening crowd

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the Greek spelling of Molon Labe would make a pretty cool looking tattoo - I've got one of the ball caps and I do get quite a few opportunities to tell the story.

Anyways, tattoo, what is your location - I've always wanted to get another tat and wouldn't mind getting it done by a fellow gun nut.

[b]Also[/b], can anyone recommend any web sites out there that have good examples of flash for those of us out there kicking tires?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a great idea for a tattoo, but I can't tell you cause I want to get it for myself. It does involve Molon Labe, that much I'll let you know.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]
As a former tattoo artist, may I suggest:
Corinthian helmet propped against a circular shield, against which is propped a Greek Falcata, which is smeared in blood.

Below in Greek letters is Molon Labe. Done in full color, with shading (over the black/grey) done in deep blues and purples. If possible, have them use Imperial inks, and take a look at the artist's worke. Pictures taken shortly after the tattoo is completed will not do, see if they have pics of healed work. (The gargoyle that covers my lower leg is over 10 years old, and looks fresh to this day.)
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#11]
               MOM
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
hey 11hip-

you know the gang from underground art in memphis? dave there did all my tats...

and i may just have to steal your idea!

had an idea for one- classic colonial soldier standing at the ready with an AR... hehehehe...

maybe a betsy ross flowing in the wind in background... good back piece!
View Quote

No, I was in the biz about 9 years ago, in Austin Texas. Bad experience for me, long story (biker/carny brother-in-law tyrant, I did it for my sister who is no longer married to the prick). I used to be pretty damned good. Guy that did mine is Chris Trevino, Austin/San Antonio.

I have not really paid much attention to ink since getting out of it
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#14]
get a tatto near your but "output only"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top