Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2001 6:33:48 PM EDT
I just bought a Garand and I was wondering where I could find out the bullet trajectory is on it?
thanks
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You need the field manual for it.  The "trajectory" is the elevation knob on which has the range stamped into it in microscopic numbers.

Bullet is a 150 grain FMJ-flat base going about 2750ish fps with a medium burning powder, like 4895.

Repeat after me, "I will not use slow-burning powder in my Garand.  I will not shoot Hornady Light Magnum in my Garand..."

Good buy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
The bullet trajectory is based on the type and muzzle velocity of the bullet.  There are a couple of cartridges that were produced for the Garand ranging from standard ball to armor piercing, tracer, etc.

The Seirre Bullets reloading guide has good ballistic and trajectory tables in the back.  These are for there bullets only though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top