Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 5:21:23 PM EDT
This will be the headlines in the Denver Post's sports page on Saturday morning.  

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My best time in college in Nebraska was when CU beat the Huskers in the 1980's.

All those farmers, you would think their dog died.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
With the last 3 years it coming down to the wire and we weren't even ranked. I believe this is the year, plus it will be in Boulder!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
$100 says otherwise.
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#4]
" A fool and his money part easily."  CPERMD, I don't want to take your money that easily.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys are funny!  [8D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
PLEEEEEASE guys! I'm taking the ex to the wine country for the holiday and she is a BIG Husker fan / alumni. I had to promise we would find a TV someplace so she could watch the game. If the Huskers lose, I don't get any for the rest of the weekend because she will be depressed.

psst, buddy, $50 on the Buffs [:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Got cornholed huh...
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]
WHO DAT talking bout beatin' them Buffs?  Who Dat? Who Dat?!!!!

WHOOOOOOO!!!!   A well deserved ass kicking for Nebraska!!!!

Next Up ...... Oklahoma
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I am certainly glad none of you Buff fans called my $100 bet.
That was a very impressive offensive display.
That may have put Miami and Florida into the BCS
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Huskers got raped! Now if Washington can beat Miami...
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ain't gonna happen.  Miami's greatest threat is VT in Blacksburgh, at night, in December.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#12]
its the thin air up here. go buff's
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It was pretty depressing for sure.  How the hell did that team lose 2 games?
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#15]
That was SWEET!  Living on the western edge of Iowa, I see all kinds of CornHoler bandwagon fans.  I cant stand the CornHolers.  I suppose if every college football team recruited from the local state prison, they would all be as good as the CornHolers.  But in any case, I am always glad to se the CornHolers lose!

JRB    
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes we got our asses kicked today.  It must feel good after 20 yrs, just like the Cats did when they finaly got to beat us after just as long.  Now don't get buffed and turn into pile of buffalo chips when it counts.  
The Cats got nowhere in the end, and it remains what you are made of.

Hats off to your win and you got us good.

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
That was SWEET!  Living on the western edge of Iowa, I see all kinds of CornHoler bandwagon fans.  I cant stand the CornHolers.  I suppose if every college football team recruited from the local state prison, they would all be as good as the CornHolers.  But in any case, I am always glad to se the CornHolers lose!

JRB    
View Quote

Why JRB; You hate to see us win most of the time ?

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry NJOGI, but it was 11 years ago, and a well deserved one at that.  I have had to suffer through the big red for too many years of squeaking by us in the 4th quarter.  

This will always be a great rivalry b/c it doesn't mater WHO is ranked b/w them.  My question is why can't my Buffs get up for every game like we do for Nebraska???  Who knows, just glad to finally be playing in Big 12 finals.

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#19]
See glx1747;

I am a die hard Cornhusker and enjoy the game just as much as everyone else.  Did not know anything about Football until I came into country  and landed in Lincoln to go UNL.  

I believe that at any given day, a Team wanting to Win can do it without needing the ranking.  Having said that I also believe that trash talking is caused by fear - The reason that people trash talk about Nebraska is because they have accompligshed a lot and have a sense of fear in them.  They forget that we went through some bad times too. Every Time Nebraska Plays people tried to play their best and it's good for everyone. You find out if you are good you will be hated but also know how good you are by how many Games you win under that pressure .  Now, 11-1 is not a bad record even if we lost, not many teams can match the record Nebraska has. But important thing is to accept defeat and much as a win.  Like Today, We got beat by a Team who wanted to Win.  You guys beat us fairly and squarely!  Glad to see OKahoma carried it through and hope a Big 12 Team carries this year too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:19:44 AM EDT
[#20]
The real point here is that nebraska is always over rated. they have an easy schedule compared to others. great job cu
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#21]
The real point here is that Nebraska is always over rated. they have an easy schedule compared to others. great job cu
View Quote
  Ok, I'll bite, who has Colorado played that has a better record?  Didn't Colorado lose to Oklahoma earlier this year?? Correct me if I am wrong.   Didn't Nebraska beat Oklahoma earlier this year?? Finally, how many national championships did Colorado win in the 90's?  

Nebraska was simply out played yesterday, but don't insult the team by whining about a soft season.   Any team that goes 11-1, is a very good team, even Colorado.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Colorado was up for this game against the Huskers, very up, makes me wonder if they were taking something to boost their performance. Like a "Kill Pill".
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ain't gonna happen.  Miami's greatest threat is VT in Blacksburgh, at night, in December.
View Quote
I think you need to check the last few times they have played.  Washington has ruined Miami's season several times over the last few years.

As for Nebraska, I usually pull for whoever is playing them because they play a weak schedule with mostly home games and all the talking heads just think they are oh soooooooooo great.  The NCAA should make it a rule that at least half your games be on the road so the Nebraskas and Notre Dames of this world can't have the heavily loaded home schedule.  They didn't just get beat yesterday, they had their head handed to them on a platter.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]
yeah, talking about talking heads, JUST before the game, Terry Bowden said , "Colorado has a good running game, Nebraska just does it alot better".  HAHAHAHA!!!  

Nebraska is a godd football team, I won't insult you guys, but you needed that ass kicking to knock you down a notch.  Nebraska goes in and mutilates small college teams 70-0 just to get their national ratings high.  And no, we weren't beat by Oklahoma, we were beat by Fresno State, and Texas.  

Nevertheless, it's always a good game for both teams and I hope it continues to be.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think you need to check the last few times they have played.  Washington has ruined Miami's season several times over the last few years.
View Quote

That would be what we call an exaggeration.  Miami lost to Washington once in Miami about 7 years ago to break their home unbeaten streak when they were on the decline after the sanctions hit.  Then last year, in Ken Dorsey's first road game as a starter, and his first game against a ranked team, they lost in Washington which kept them from playing for a National Title due to the vagaries of the BCS.
That's two times in 7 years.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#26]
WTF is going on with my Seminoles this year!![>(]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I think all of you are missing the big picture.  The best team in the country is clearly the Fighting Illini.  We could beat Miami with an 8 man scout team playing ironman by at least three scores.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be what we call an exaggeration.  Miami lost to Washington once in Miami about 7 years ago to break their home unbeaten streak when they were on the decline after the sanctions hit.  Then last year, in Ken Dorsey's first road game as a starter, and his first game against a ranked team, they lost in Washington which kept them from playing for a National Title due to the vagaries of the BCS.
That's two times in 7 years.  
View Quote
Not an exaggeration.  7 years qualifies for a few years and the last 2 times Miami has played Washington, they have lost, even if they were 6 years apart.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#29]
No Larry, two does not qualify as "a few."  A few is three or more.  So he was exaggerating.
BTW, it's the third quarter and Miami leads 37-0.
I don't want to be premature or anything, but...
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#30]
oops, my bad, that would be FORTY FOUR to nothing in the third quarter...
[:D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I hate to say "I told you so," but after 10 games, Miami has trailed a grand total of once.  They've scored more points in consecutive games against ranked opponents than anyone.  They absolutely TRASHED that Washington team that a couple of people here were crowing about.
Now, they may go to Blacksburg next weekend and blow it, but they seem more focussed right now than any college football team I have seen in quite a while.
I am thinking a Miami-Florida Rose Bowl guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top