Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
This sure has turned into a real BIBLE-THUMPING forum lately.....  Thumb your bibles somewhere else...
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This sure has turned into a real BIBLE-THUMPING forum lately.....  Thumb your bibles somewhere else...
View Quote

Damn, so far this had been a civil discussion. I was wondering how long that would last.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with garandman and you others on this one!  It's not the government's place!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never thumped a bible, people yes, but never a bible. But if i decide I want to I will thump it any darn where I please.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I once bumped into a Bible.

Does that count?

Av.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#6]
hummm it might [:)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Volunteer to be a Big Brother.  It's a lot of fun, and you make a hell of an impacton a kid's life.
View Quote

Already volunteer as a Big Brother. My sister volunteers as a Big Sister.

Av.
View Quote

Then you sir, have all the respect I can muster.  I see that you and I aren't too terribly far apart in our views.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Working for the public school system has changed my whole outlook on having kids. I used to want children. Now I do not. There is just way to much misery out there.
Edited for spelling
View Quote

This is a shame... here is one person that sounds like they'd make a concientious parent, and have been driven away from it because of the environment in which they work.

I know a few that are like you Av. But don't give up, after all someone has to raise the kids that are going to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sex Ed should only cover the scientific and biological aspects only, leaving out the sexual preferences.  Likely would never happen but it would be unbiased.
View Quote

But then the homosexuals would think that something was wrong with them, as they would only be describing the way humans reproduce, which does not fit that sort of sexual identity.

[I do not hate homosexuals.  It's not my place to judge anyone else, nor to hate anyone else.  It does not mean I have to condone that lifestyle.]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I think what we need is education vouchers.  That way, we can make a qualitative decisions about where we send our kids.  I don't have kids yet, but I have made the decision that when I do they will go to private school because in my experience, there is a real agenda that is propogated in the public school system and I don't like it.  Education vouchers are needed because I don't want to have my hard earned tax dollars going to a school system that teaches an agenda that I am sharply at odds with.  Many school boards and educators now are distorting American History to promote this agenda, and I don't want to be the one who subsidizes it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But then the homosexuals would think that something was wrong with them, as they would only be describing the way humans reproduce, which does not fit that sort of sexual identity.
View Quote

IMO...There IS something wrong with them.  But that opens up a whole can of worms.  Perhaps it should be called Sexual Reproduction Education instead of Sex Ed.  That would be a clearer title for what I advocate in the schools.  Biology only...not preference, not method, not when, where or how.....just the facts.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
VA-gunnut: you sure do know how to stir people up. Good topics though.

I try not to get involved with these types of debates since sometimes they degenerate into anti-religion vs pro-religion. Nice to have civil discussions on the board.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another thing that I saw that pissed me off - a youth hunter education course taught by the state. WHY AREN'T THEIR DAD'S TEACHING THEM FIREARM SAFETY????? Grrrrrr.

View Quote

Your mad that the state was teaching kids about hunting & firearms? Sounds like a good class to me. I'd send my son there in a heartbeat (After I check it out myself of course) I teach him about guns, but I think its great that they have a class like that instead of just teaching the kids that guns are bad. Y'know, I get the feeling that you spend more time pissed off than you do content & happy. That will give you ulcers bud.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top