Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
"OK, here's your first post to me, and you DID NOT do yourself proud in it.

You compare magic to a gun.

Let's see - the whole concept of magic is that it itself is an animate force.

Guns are inanimate.

Magic is NOT a tool - it is an animate force.

You know, posting inane stuff like this will get you ignored even MORE frequently by me.

Feel free to post whatever you want, I'll not respond to it. Mostly because I already have."

Absolutely Hilarious!  You dont get basic concepts, do you.  Magic IS REAL IN THE STORY. Its a STORY, and that is what we are commenting on. Not REALITY. And the characters of the story use it as a tool, much like a gun is used as a tool, to do good things.  Do you understand the difference between real and make believe.  you are killing me with your rediculousness.  hehe, i cant stop laughing.  Keep going Garandman, please..
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I am more worried about people like Garandman being around my children than I am about movies like Harry Potter. What is sick is the intolerance and fear these fundamentalists spew. Great job, WGUNN, keep it up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You are funny man.  Your completely trying to rewrite what your original point was, not just in this thread but others.  Your point is to say that HARRY POTTER in general is evil because it is all about witchcraft. And now you are trying to tell me that you are simply commenting on what the actor kid said.  
View Quote

Nahh... that's not what he said.  If you think so then you must also believe he's speaking "alien code".  I guess he's the only one who doesn't remember what he said because everyone else seems to agree he was claiming the Harry Potter movies could inspire the Columbine killers... but he probably didn't say that either.  Perhaps it's Satan posting for him and he hasn't seen those posts yet.

Since you're calling him on his dishonesty, aren't you scared he will ignore you too?  I mean, once you get him cornered with facts he'll deny everything and never talk to you again.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am more worried about people like Garandman being around my children than I am about movies like Harry Potter. What is sick is the intolerance and fear these fundamentalists spew. Great job, WGUNN, keep it up.
View Quote

That's me baby - the Phantom Menace.[;)]

Be afraid....be VERY afraid.
.[size=6]BOO!!!!![/size=6]

BUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Even bloodier than a religion who's primary form of spreading has historically been war and has a name for it? (HINT: the word is "Jihad.")  I suggest you go back and look at the history of the Middle East, specifically where it involves the muslim invasions of Syria, Jordan, Palestine (Jerusalem), Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Iran, all of North Africa, parts of India, parts of China, and later Spain.  As Mohammed himself said "I have been ordered by God to fight with people till they bear testimony to the fact that there is no God but Allah and that Mohammed is his messenger, and that they establish prayer and pay Zakat (money). If they do it, their blood and their property are safe from me" (see Bukhari Vol. I, p. 13).

Your statements betray your ignorance of the subject.
View Quote

Ok, to avoid further wasting our time will you settle for second bloodiest religion in history?  Are you proud now wise one?

Grow up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I grew up watching Bewitched, and I loved the show, I havent tortured or killed anyone in over two weeks!!   [:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen!

[devil]Tyler[devil]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nahh... that's not what he said.  If you think so then you must also believe he's speaking "alien code".  I guess he's the only one who doesn't remember what he said because everyone else seems to agree he was claiming the Harry Potter movies could inspire the Columbine killers... but he probably didn't say that either.  Perhaps it's Satan posting for him and he hasn't seen those posts yet.
View Quote

hehe, yeah, im beginning to see that WGunn

Quoted:
Since you're calling him on his dishonesty, aren't you scared he will ignore you too?  I mean, once you get him cornered with facts he'll deny everything and never talk to you again.
View Quote

Im not too worried about that :)  I have been on this site for sometime now, mainly for advice on firearms stuff, but this topic was just to rediclulous to ignore.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, to avoid further wasting our time will you settle for second most bloodiest religion?  Are you proud now wise one?

Grow up.
View Quote

Indeed.  I'll "grow up" (hmm...  25 years old, on my own since 14 when my father died, helped raise my little brother, married 4 years, two kids, two cars, big house with my name on the mortgage, never been arrested, never even had so much as a traffic ticket.  Yeah, I think I'm "grown up.") when you quit making ignorant and highly prejudiced remarks.  I have no problem with you stating facts, but when you defame the religion I choose to follow with lies like "Again, the BLOODIEST religion in history is Christianity" then you should expect me to present the facts to you.  You're using a [b]LIBERAL[/b] argument, based on demonizing an entire group for the actions of members of that group, akin to saying "Gun owners are murderous perverts!  BAN THE GUNS FOR THE CHILDREN!"

Make no mistake, I do not condone the violent acts that have been carried out in the name of Christ.  However, I also do not like being likened to a witch burner or a Crusader because you can't make the disctinction between someone who chooses not to let their children see a movie like Harry Potter and someone who actively burns/bans books and pickets movies.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im not too worried about that :)  I have been on this site for sometime now, mainly for advice on firearms stuff, but this topic was just to rediclulous to ignore.  
View Quote

Oh c'mon, this stuff is inspired by God himself!  [:)]

God didn't want the Harry Potter movie to gross 93 million on its opening day.  That's got to be the work of Satan (aka witches according to garandman).  It's Satan reaching out to you would be killers... although MOST of them will be fine.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#11]
So this is the "thread to oppose Garandman" thread.

It is still giving Garandman more attention that he or his arguments deserve. He is just being a troll today.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So this is the "thread to oppose Garandman" thread.

It is still giving Garandman more attention that he or his arguments deserve. He is just being a troll today.
View Quote

That's a troll with 3,300 + posts my good friend. [;D]

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's a troll with 3,300 + posts my good friend. [;D]
View Quote

And ignoring his opponents every step of the way!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Indeed.  I'll "grow up" (hmm...  25 years old, on my own since 14 when my father died, helped raise my little brother, married 4 years, two kids, two cars, big house with my name on the mortgage, never been arrested, never even had so much as a traffic ticket.  
View Quote

Wow, 25 years old.  I'm impressed.  Sounds like you've had a [s]hard[/s] life... who hasn't.  Big freaking deal, do you want a hero cookie?

when you quit making ignorant and highly prejudiced remarks.  I have no problem with you stating facts, but when you defame the religion I choose to follow with lies like "Again, the BLOODIEST religion in history is Christianity" then you should expect me to present the facts to you.  
View Quote

There are countless people who refer to Christianity as the bloodiest religion in history.  Sure, you claim it's the Muslims and there are Muslim's, Hindu's, Pagan's, etc. who claim Christianity is.  So you have all the facts, eh junior?  Hardly.  You have an [b]OPINION[/b].

You're using a [b]LIBERAL[/b] argument, based on demonizing an entire group for the actions of members of that group, akin to saying "Gun owners are murderous perverts!  BAN THE GUNS FOR THE CHILDREN!"
View Quote

Oh, I'm using the tactics of a liberal eh?  Laugh, how cliché!  Do you know what that word means junior?  Why don't you question my military service or call me a troll too?  For being so mature you certainly use the debating tactics of a sophomore.  Hey, let's turn this around!  Liberals espouse to have the "facts" when all they have are their opinions... HEY!  You're acting like a liberal!  Wow, this is fun.

Grow up.

Make no mistake, I do not condone the violent acts that have been carried out in the name of Christ.  However, I also do not like being likened to a witch burner or a Crusader because you can't make the disctinction between someone who chooses not to let their children see a movie like Harry Potter and someone who actively burns/bans books and pickets movies.
View Quote

I haven't likened you to anyone junior.  Garandman is claiming witches are Satan worshipers which is completely untrue.  I was talking to him, not you.  You're the one who can't make basic distinctions.

His belief that witches are in fact Satanists are the EXACT same arguments used by CHRISTIANS to burn innocent women at the stake.  Does this mean he wants to burn people or that you do?  Nope, only a simpleton would deduce such from my comments.  What is shows is the same intolerance and stupidity shared by your ancestors.

Again, grow up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top