Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i agree with Dacon. this is ar15.com home of the black rifle not church.com home home of the preachers!!!

"the one"
out [marines]
View Quote

Then I'll also assume you think this is NOT babeoftheday.com.

Or is it only NOT thingsyoudon'tlike.com????

"general" discussion does indeed mean "general."

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:41:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Religion....the opiate of the masses(still protected under the greatest document any government ever created, the U.S.Constitution.)

[img] www.100megsfree2.com/satan/assets/images/South_Park_satan.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Post from hielo -
Religion is great. The best tool yet devised to control the masses.
View Quote

Really? Then why isn't it working? [:D]

Eric The(MassesSeemRatherRestlessNowadays!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh no, [b]bushmaster1[/b]! You're one, too? [>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm....there must be a reason why the general discussion forums were split into two different flavors. there's

[*]GENERAL DISCUSSION firearm based discussions[/*]

and...

[*]GENERAL DISCUSSION [b]NON-FIREARM DISCUSSIONS[/b][/*]

I wonder why?  Maybe cause "babe of the day" threads and religious threads don't really belong under firearms topic, so the moderators accommodated us.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]
[soapbox]
Amen!

[0:)]

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Last night I said "good night", kissy you all but since I still get attacked let's continue the dance.

Well...since I AM Italian the the Romans KILLED Christ (the looser) the score is Christians 0-Romans 1.

On the same note let's remember the lions and the Christians during the same Roman Empire...the score is Christians 0-Romans 2

Go Romans...Go Romans...Go Romans...
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
On the same note let's remember the lions and the Christians during the same Roman Empire...the score is Christians 0-Romans 2

View Quote

sir:
one of the potential beneficial outcomes of being irreligious is that you may realize that the belief system itself is irrelevant. what matters is what you say and do. please re-examine your posts and ask yourself "is this worthy of me? can i be proud of this?".

another benefit is the realization that intolerance of others' beliefs is wrong. we have all suffered from intolerance. now you're being intolerant. stop it, ok?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

sir:
one of the potential beneficial outcomes of being irreligious is that you may realize that the belief system itself is irrelevant. what matters is what you say and do. please re-examine your posts and ask yourself "is this worthy of me? can i be proud of this?".

another benefit is the realization that intolerance of others' beliefs is wrong. we have all suffered from intolerance. now you're being intolerant. stop it, ok?
View Quote

I will credit you for the above Lurker as I as a devote Athiest do think that perhaps Dacon has treaded over the line somewhat on this thread.  However in many cases he gives what he gets.  Who was it that said that the best defense is a good offense?  ( mind you I do not think that this should be read as the best defense is an offensive post).

Cheers

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Freedom is not given, is taken! Use the 2nd!
View Quote

I guess no one has pointed out the irony of your signature yet.  The Founding Fathers believed that the rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights were [B]GOD GIVEN[/b], meaning literally handed to us by our creator.  If you don't believe in God, then how can you believe in the freedoms he afforded us?

So yes, freedom is given.  And it's given by God himself.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

I think some people use the term "God given rights" figuratively.  Our founders were probably God-fearing men.  Others may recognize the term to refer to natural rights that are not bestowed upon us by other men, but inherent.

I'll never forget the time a lawyer on mailing list ranted about how the constitution GRANTED us rights.  I think he smoked too much crack in law school.  The constitution simply recognizes our inherent, natural, God-given rights.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#11]
The Founding Fathers believed that the rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights were [B]GOD GIVEN[/b], meaning literally handed to us by our creator.  If you don't believe in God, then how can you believe in the freedoms he afforded us?
So yes, freedom is given.  And it's given by God himself.
God Bless Texas
View Quote

i really love these overgeneralizations.
iirc, paine was an out-and-out atheist, and jefferson was an agnostic. as to how we got our rights, they are inherent rights of man, available to all humanity. the founders TOOK them, and gave them to us. it's up to us to keep them if we can.
no deity required. (IMO)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Insofar, as the Romans vs. Christians are concerned, the last pagan Roman emperor, FLAVIUS CLAUDIUS JULIANUS, know to the world as 'Julian The Apostate', died in agony, in 363 AD, after only serving less than three years as emperor.

His dying words? [i][b]Nenikekas Galilaie[/b][/i], Greek for 'Thou hast conquered, O Galilean'! Which, in effect, Christ did.[:D]

So the new score is Christendom 1, Pagans 0, and let's face it, the clock has simply run out on pagans. Tough cookies.

Eric The(WhatPartOf'WesternCivilization'Don'tYouGet?I'dSayPrettyMuchAllOfIt!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dacon,
Anything that makes you squirm should be ignored, not censored.  Get it?  
View Quote

[size=5]Thats the same idea our founding fathers had![/size=5]  There are way to many "closet liberals" on this site.  

Besides, the capacity to ignore or keep others from pushing your buttons is an acquired skill.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
this is a GUN forum and not a Church !
Not everybody here is religious or has something sacred.
View Quote

God bless you my son.  Come to the Lord for only he can give you guidance and salvation.  

He's improved my groups and my rifle's reliability 100%!!

...and all with less faith than that of a mustard seed.

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
this is a GUN forum and not a Church !
Not everybody here is religious
View Quote

Your absolutely right!  [*]Not everyone is male[/*]
[*]not everyone is a poet[/*]
[*]not everyone is an ex-marine[/*]
[*]not everyone is a republican[/*]

You must be talking about nixing something that simply offends you.  You want to [b]censor[/b] something that offends you?  Sounds like closet liberalism to me.

[size=5][red]Guns(freedom) and censorship don't mix![/size=5][/red]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Last night I said "good night", kissy you all but since I still get attacked let's continue the dance.

Well...since I AM Italian the the Romans KILLED Christ (the looser) the score is Christians 0-Romans 1.

View Quote

That reminds me of some crap written by some kid named NewAfrikanPanther after the Sept. 11th attacks.  "Go Terrorists!  Terrorists 1, Evil Capitalists 0.  HA HA HA!".
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#19]
the dance.

Well...since I AM Italian the the Romans KILLED Christ (the looser)
View Quote

Was there a Christ the tighter?
And what the hell is an Inchisition?
First you expose yourself as a moron, then you tell the world that you are an illiterate moron. Whats next? (I cant wait!)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Dacon is a [b]troll[/b] trying to stir up you suckers with his worthless rants and raves. It sure seems to have worked. Does anyone here think for one microsecond that he has gonads to say this crap at a public gathering?

He sure sounds like a little kid begging for attention. His misuse of the language and hate for those who have found the truth of the lord's teaching is pretty worrisome too. He seems more anti-social than liberal and as was pointed out earlier his rejection of moral system and beliefs outright is a problem. I'm willing to bet that he's into drugs and whatever else makes his little brain feel good at the moment.

These are the tinfoil wearing guys that hear voices in their heads. After they've slaughtered their own family or serial raped you hear how they've found religion while in prison. Hell yes, if a dude named Bubba was making he his girlfriend I'd be praying too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#21]
General discussion - firearms based [i]could[/i] include a religious component if you were discussing holy hand grenades.... [:D]

On the matter of religion and preaching, it's merely a case of people sharing their beliefs as a part of their rights protected from government intervention under the First Amendment.  Also to bear in mind is the fact that this country and its unique republic was founded by religious gun nuts.  Most nations devoid of religion usually have it replaced with worship of the government (e.g. Nazi Germany, USSR, China).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top