Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 7:24:07 AM EDT
OK, getting a little tired of the 3rd limit at the game commission range, so I'm looking for a new place to shoot.  I'm in the King of Prussia area, and the following is what I am looking for - it is ordered roughly in importance to me:

1)black rifle friendly
2)no mag capacity/number of ronuds in gun limit
3)allows plinking
4)ideally backstops out to 500yds, but looking for at least 200
5)rapid fire permitted (bump method allowed, big plus!)
6)within 45 min drive

Any recommendations appreciated!

TIA,
Rocko

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Its been a while since I lived in the area, but there is (or used to be about 5 years ago, I dont know if its still there) a gun club near Kutz Elementary School in Doylestown.  They might have a rifle portion, I never checked into it as I only shot trap at the time.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump - anyone know more about this range or have any other suggestions?

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Bucks County Fish and Game in Doylestown is open for new members, but so is Lower Providence Rod and Gun and its about 15 minutes from KoP mall. Check your local phone book for them. I used to shoot IPSC matches there once a month; they're a pretty active club.

Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Lower Providence is wonderful if you are a shotgunner, archer, or pistolero but the rifle ranges are lacking.  They used to have a 100 yard outdoor range that they let close in hopes of a 100 yard tunnel that never was completed.  Only remaining outdoor range is a 50 yarder.

In Quakertown their is a range that used to be called Twin S that has a 500 yard range and is machine-gun friendly.  It is now called something else that for the life on me I can't remember.  

Sorry that I can't remember the name but I could give you directions if you like, it is about 45 minutes north of you right off the Quakertown turnpike exit.

Rocko, reply if you need detailed directions.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent a letter to New Holland asking about membership after I attended a steel league shoot there. Even included a stamped self addressed envelope. Never got a reply. They do have a nice set up.

I'm at Delaware County Field and Stream right now. Single shot only for high power rifle. 5 for pistol. Paper targets only, all ranges. The rules suck, but they have the advantage of being very close to home.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have not shot at "Wings and Water" (gay ass name btw) but know a couple of people with machineguns who have been members for a few years and they tell me it is M-16 friendly.  I know that they have been there within the last year shooting the M-16s with no problem.

But in any case, I was there to check out the range (actually on the day I originally posted) and saw a few ARs, AKs and FALs with owners happily blasting away.  The 500 yard range was closed, hopefully just temporarily, but many people were shooting at the 300 yarder.

They do have a sporting clays range but it was not, nor the most popular availible venue.

I will be joining soon hopefully as it is the only range, albeit a little rough around the edges, in our area with the variety of shotguns, pistols, plus a long range.

Maybe I'll splurge and get a .50 now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top