Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 7:14:37 AM EDT
Finally got to see it , didnt have time when it was on big screen.
I would recommend this to all adult audiences, good political commentary on south American kidnappings and great spec forces action.
Russell Crowe does a great job and Meg Ryan is hot as always....pat
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, it's a good movie. From the start in Chechia to the southern American part.

Bought this one on DVD three weeks ago, both vision(nice shades of green) and dolby digital 5.1 sound are great.

Russel Crowe speaking his own native tonque adds to the reality(him playing former SAS, noticed how they got all the cammies right and weapons handling?).

Kuiper

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Russel Crowe speaking his own native tonque adds to the reality(him playing former SAS, noticed how they got all the cammies right and weapons handling?).

Kuiper

View Quote

Haven't seen it yet- sounds interesting. BTW, Russell Crowe is Australian- is the SAS open to Commonwealth as well as UK citizens?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a painfully slow love story with 20 minutes of action at the end.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was pretty good.  The guy with the SAW/M60 (I forget which) at the end was pretty realistic as opposed to the usual Hollywood run in and shoot from the hip scenario.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is a painfully slow love story with 20 minutes of action at the end.
View Quote
That about says it all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
There are units named SAS in three countries at this time.

22nd Special Air Service Regiment in the UK(21st and 23rd regiments are Territorial Army, reserve regiments)

Special Air Service Regiment(SASR) in Ozland

New Zealand Special Air Service Regiment(NZSAS).

Now to the movie, although some of my friends have commented it of a slow pace, i think it shows a bit of what it is like to negotiate against people who kidnap people.

Crowe was good again, Caruso as his best mate had some good lines also.

Weapons handling and tactics were much better than in an average movie.

Shit..i really need a Minimi [:)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]
The SAS, and the English army, allows members of the Former English Commonwealth to join.  Also allows "secondments" for the troops of their foreign colonies.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I too spotted the two camo patterns.

Though the Leatherman was a very odd choice, since they had M4A1s, SAWs and a bunch of other gear, so they easily could have had other knives.

I believe he gave the boonie away so it would not hinder the killing of the guard, ie the boonie dropping to his face in the struggle or similar.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top