Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 4:11:05 PM EDT
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=69774[/url]    
In deltree's search for help on the above topic I promised to "check out" Tom Tuka. This is what i found.
1) The bottom line is that one guy has the rifle and has not paid for it.
2) Yes Tom is a capt with usairways, though on a leave of absence, retaining full benefits...flight...ect.
3) Yes Tom is a constable with the state of Pa. for Beaver county.

I check out his story about usair with the chief pilots office.. and it checks. I check out his story about being a constable with the state constables office and it checks. If any of you are aware of constable functions they are there to protect your rights even if infringed by an overzealous LEO.
I called Tom and talked to him also. His position is that the purchaser has not paid him and has the rifle... starting to get worried that he is out of 1250 dollars. His letter was not meant as a threat but a statement. He wants either the money or the rifle soon...

I think deltree is not being straight...pat
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#1]
If he supposedly wants the rifle or the money soon, why did he ask for both of them?  If he doesn't deny that he sent those emails as posted then he has some explaining to do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
From my phone conversation... he doesnt want both but one or the other now... how would you feel after shipping your rifle and getting a rubber check in exchange???pat
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
bttt
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
1) You have a seller who flys off the handle very easily and sends threats in the e-mail messages to the buyer.

2) The guy lost his wallet. The account was cancelled and the check stopped as a result by the bank.

3) The check cleared and the money was deposited into the seller's acoount prior to the loss of the wallet.

4) The money was deducted by the bank after the check cleared.

5) The buyer is confused as to whether or not the seller got the money he sent. He obviously doesn't keep a balance book since he can't tell.

6) The seller automatically assumes he is being ripped off, instead of trying to work the situation out.

7) The seller demanded both the rifle and money back. The buyer's and everybody else's scam meters go off the chart.

8) The buyer now on top of being confused, thinks there might be a scam. The threats don't help either.

In short, this is the Seller form hell. The last guy you want to deal with. Kinda reminds me of the RGuns situation.

1) The seller needs to chill out and try to work this out peacefully. And, DO NOT send threats to the buyer.

2) Once, the buyer gets things straightened out with his bank, he needs to send a new check to the seller. He can either pay the fees the seller incurred for the bounced check or haggle with his bank who was obviously at fault to get the charges to the seller reversed.

3) What the hell is going on with the magazine issue ?

4) If it is true, the best solution would be to send the magazines back and deduct what he paid for them from the check he sends.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
BTW, Pat you need to get over whatever brainwashing Patriot did to you. This is the quickest reversal of opinion I have ever seen. Yet, you were listeneing to one guy's side and only questioning him. If this is to be fair, you need to call deltree and talk to him and ask questions before agreeing that he is a criminal.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
CC48510:
First I have not reversed my opinion! in the orig. post i didnt state an opinion. I said i would check him out.
Second, Yes i heard only one guys side and as stated his story checks out.
and last , I have never called deltree a criminal! I just stated that i thought he was not being straight.... meaning not fully honest... not forthcoming...
so get off my arse!
Would some one from the left coast check out deltree's story as i have checked out Tom's???
This might help resolve a disprute between seller and buyer!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Pat,

deltree is a great honest, fun guy. He has been going to our WebShooter events for over a year now. I believe and trust that deltree's side of the story is accurate and truthful.

He has a lot invested in his hobby, he has some really fine firearms. He is NOT going to try to rip someone off a measly $1200 rifle.

I'm sure it's just a big mis-understanding. deltree will make it right.

peace...

Rich
REDHORSE

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you Red Horse !! May be if we all realize that with a little chat and  fewer flames it will work out.
If deltree is a good guy the seller will get his money or the rifle back ...SOON!
edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Moral of the story: Communicate! That would include clearly sending *and* receiving, BTW.

That, and also that there's always three sides to every story: my side, your side, and the truth.

Oh, and get two doctors together, you'll get three opinion.  But I digress...

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
As i said the bottom line is that one guy has the rifle and has not paid for it,
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually, bottom line is the buyer has the rifle that he sent a check for and the seller received the money, but it was deducted by the bank. He showed good faith. No matter what, Pat your message carries the undertone that deltree is cheating Partiot.

A better statement is: one guy has the rifle and the other guy hasn't received payment, yet.

The other statement is misleading.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Why don't you just do an electronic transfer and be done with it.  Just pay the guy his GD money.  If not, send the damn thing back.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Paterpk-

>>If any of you are aware of constable functions they are there to protect your rights even if
>>infringed by an overzealous LEO.

Not sure of what you are talking about here but in the Commonwealth of PA the function of a Constable is to serve civil court papers for the District Justice for which they are employed.

This has got to be just abut the shi**iest job out there. They are basically glorified messengers who use their own vehicles at their own expense and get paid on a per-delivery basis only if and when they serve the papers.

This guy needs to get a life.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
One of the main problems with this dispute is how the seller allegedly resorted to immediate, very serious threats, thus shutting down communication.  I would think that a law enforcement officer would have more sense than to imply (even mention his job) that his position as a police officer might confer a special benefit over what is essentially a civil matter (since there is apparently no evidence of criminal intent).   Also the allegation that the seller demanded the money AND his rifle is concerning.  ("If certified funds are in my P.O. Box on Friday, I'll postpone my appointment with the IG until I receive the rifle").  Presumably, once the seller had the money, he would have NO entitlement to the rifle.  In saying this, I do not wish to disparage either party.  Instead, I would ask that discourse involving such transactions be kept civil.  A simple application of the golden rule gentlemen.  All this being said, deltree clearly needs to make this situation right quickly.  Inadvertently or not, he has apparently deprived the seller of funds that are rightfully his.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would think that a law enforcement officer would have more sense than to imply (even mention his job) that his position as a police officer might confer a special benefit . . .
View Quote

And the Oscar for the category "most obsequious statement said with a straight face" goes to . . . [:D]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I second REDHORSE and Duffy about Deltree. He an honest and fair young guy. I sold one of my rifles to him for more $1200 and had no problems encountered. I am sure that he will rectify this situation w/ Tom.

ASR
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Where I live a constables job is a political/whoyouknow do very little and certainly not ANYTHING against LEOs,appointment.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:03:28 AM EDT
[#20]
paterpk,

I've known Dino for about a year.  Seen him at several of the WebShooters events and even went camping with him last weekend and he was kind enough to let me get a photo of my son holding one of his toys (how often do YOU let an eight year old fondle a $5k+ weapon?).

Dino's alright and definitely doesn't deserve to be slandered.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dino's alright and definitely doesn't deserve to be slandered.
View Quote

Then he needs to pay the guy ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#22]
It would seem that Deltree has bent over backwards to rectify the sitz.
It seem that5 a wannabe cop has gone over the edge again and is unwilling to listen to a solution.
I dont understand why he would want the rifle back and then will return the money.
What money? I mean if he has the money then whats the prob.
As for a character reference for Deltree, I will state publicly the Deltree is  a standup guy and I wouldnt hesitate to do business w/ him. I am positive if the Bung wrench would stop with the useless and idle threats that maybe a dialogue would insue and a solution would present itself. Dletree has some very pricey stuff and I am quite sure all of it is on the up and up.
If some bungwrench started threatening me with "Marines" and the LBC patrol, well I am confrontational by nature and would suggest pounding sand if I knew I was trying to make right. FUGEM
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for backing me up as a straight up guys. Just want to let you guys know that he should get his money today, USPS tracking is ET893782485US.

I hope this matter will now be resolved. [argue]

BTW, yes I do have some nice toys, but they'll be gone soon as I'm planing of moving out of state next year and need money to pay for a down payment for a house.

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks for backing me up as a straight up guys. Just want to let you guys know that he should get his money today, USPS tracking is ET893782485US.
View Quote

[B]Delivery Status

You entered ET89 3782 485U S

Your item has arrived at the NEW CASTLE, PA 16108 processing center at 8:50 am on November 16, 2001. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.[/B]

Looks like it's at least made it's way there.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The real problem teh seller has here is not with the buyer, but with THE BANK.  ...
View Quote

Not the bank, actually, but the credit card company.  If I understand what happened here, deltree used a credit card debit check, not a regular bank checking account check.  Makes the whole process just a little more confusing, as they seem to operate under different definitions of "cleared".

Sounds like an honest mistake, and a comedy of errors- at least to those of us here in the peanut gallery.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I have met Deltree and can atest to his character. He is one of the good guys with toys I wish I could have.

Looks like Deltree has done his part with sending the check out and letting all of us know. Now we'll have to wait and see if the Seller will be happy with the check when he gets it in his hands.

Someone followup with the seller to make sure this comes to a peaceful conclusion.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top