Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 9:54:59 PM EDT
First off, I'm no computer whiz and don't know what makes 'em tick like some of you here. I was practically overjoyed when I successfully installed a SCSI card in my desktop system a few years ago and actually had the thing work.

My dilemma: I'd like to boost my Dell 7500 laptop's memory from 96 to maybe 256 or something like that. Rather than blindly buy memory from Dell, is there a better (and/or less expensive) way to go? Then, after I get it, how difficult would it be to install? Or should I take it to the local CompUSA or someplace? TIA [:)]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy your RAM from someplace like [url]www.crucial.com[/url] because it will be cheaper than Dell. If you can get to the RAM slot you should install it yourself.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to BUY.COM.... run the configurator, and order Crucial or Kingston.

I have upgraded a TON of 7500's... just order the biggest one you would want.  You can get a 256meg DIMM for $56 or so.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Listen to Bunghole (can you do that?? [;)] Crucial.com is a division of Micron - Micron being the best memory out there.  Also no charge for 2 day delivery and they have a pretty nifty configurator that takes you through the steps in choosing the right memory for your system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top