Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/14/2001 9:54:59 PM EDT
First off, I'm no computer whiz and don't know what makes 'em tick like some of you here. I was practically overjoyed when I successfully installed a SCSI card in my desktop system a few years ago and actually had the thing work. My dilemma: I'd like to boost my Dell 7500 laptop's memory from 96 to maybe 256 or something like that. Rather than blindly buy memory from Dell, is there a better (and/or less expensive) way to go? Then, after I get it, how difficult would it be to install? Or should I take it to the local CompUSA or someplace? TIA [:)]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:59:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:00:36 PM EDT
Buy your RAM from someplace like [url]www.crucial.com[/url] because it will be cheaper than Dell. If you can get to the RAM slot you should install it yourself.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:08:22 PM EDT
Go to BUY.COM.... run the configurator, and order Crucial or Kingston. I have upgraded a TON of 7500's... just order the biggest one you would want. You can get a 256meg DIMM for $56 or so.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:11:47 PM EDT
Listen to Bunghole (can you do that?? [;)] Crucial.com is a division of Micron - Micron being the best memory out there. Also no charge for 2 day delivery and they have a pretty nifty configurator that takes you through the steps in choosing the right memory for your system.
Top Top