Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 114
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By Freeside:
Leave the gun at home before you kill somebody or some cops try to "dead" you.  Jesus, this isn't a game.

Why should he?  He didn't break any law.   Yeah, go unarmed and be a sheep.  Great idea

-althor
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:34:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nukldragr] [#2]
Don't be stupid Please don't carry a firearm any more. You will probably end badly and are a poster child for anti-gun people. I tend to think if this did happen the local LE would be involved. As I said before please don't get a CCW permit, in fact sell your weapons Firearms, Gerber multitools, hunting knives, sharp kitchen implements or at least put corks on the end of your forks. From now on only watch the discovery channel and WE. Never think about owning a fire arm again stay on board the short bus keep your helmet on tight and may God have mercy on your soul.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Usually touching someone like that is a no-no in retail unless you're arresting or holding for arrest.  clusterf#@k of hysteria.

Boomhower could explain this one pretty good....."dang 'ol Mega-lo-Mart"
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Your reporting of details to the inth degree is impressive.

Just speaking as a friend to all who carry.

Put a shirt over the N frame.

Wether or not you think it can be concealed.

If it prints, it prints, it's legally concealed.

Just saying....

Oh and if ya han't noticed, Wal-Mart is the US liason for the Chineese Military Govt.

Stay OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or face the Retards and self rightous dumbasses, who have issues with turning the knobs the wrong way in the shower daily!

Get your CCW.

S-28
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedinc] [#6]
If someone were to reach for my gun like that, they'd get fucking shot!!!!!

Reaching for a legally carried weapon, is deadly force!

ETA: That and several other reasons is why I won't shop at walmart.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nukldragr] [#8]

Originally Posted By nukldragr:
Don't be stupid Please don't carry a firearm any more. You will probably end badly and are a poster child for anti-gun people. I tend to think if this did happen the local LE would be involved. As I said before please don't get a CCW permit, in fact sell your weapons Firearms, Gerber multitools, hunting knives, sharp kitchen implements or at least put corks on the end of your forks. From now on only watch the discovery channel and WE. Never think about owning a fire arm again stay on board the short bus keep your helmet on tight and may God have mercy on your soul.

PS I believe everyone has the right to carry a handgun. Just this deuchebag should leave it to somebody else
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Dialogue is too contrived.....makes poster look like he's reciting lines.

Description of whole encounter  not credible. Too much hack fiction writer  minutia in the description.
I don't think even "True Guy"magazine would buy this story.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I was asked to leave Wal Mart once for open carry (in OH, perfectly legal). No one tried to disarm me, I had a nice conversation with the manager and they were okay with ringing up my purchases on the way out.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#11]
What's with the "
"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME! YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY FIREARM" " type of speaking?

Nobody actually talks like that.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:41:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZW17] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag. My guess is 30 pages or thereabouts.

Asshattery abounds.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#14]

PS I believe everyone has the right to carry a handgun. Just this deuchebag should leave it to somebody else

Tag for douchebags who actually carry guns instead of just talking about it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#16]
would it have been wrong to draw down and make the walmart guy suck floor while you called the police for him trying to disarm you and grabbing you??
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:46:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#17]
I predict this will become the most epic thread in the history of ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PaDanby] [#19]

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:
I think open carry is very stupid from a social and tactical prospective.

Why do you want all of that attention?

And then screaming like a little girl when he got it?

Best bet would have been to cooly and calmly ask him to call the police.  And cooly and calmy cooperate, when the police got there it would have been easily settled.  Then you could go through the business of complaining.

What would have been the difficulty of putting it slowly on the counter?  If you were illegally carrying, you would have lost it when the PD showed up.  If you were legally carrying, you should have got it back when the PD arrived.  And you sure as hell should have called the police.

If you are going to open carry in areas where it is legal and nobody does then you should expect to get attention.  THE WORLD ISN'T FAIR.  There are a hell of a lot of things that are legal to do, but 99+% of the people don't realize it, and doing it in somebody's place of business is likely to be frowned upon. Very few problems are solved by resorting to yelling and screaming as a first used tactic.  The Loss Control guy was likely not following their rules, and yes you may have been in your rights, but your response was about as wrong as it could have been short of shooting him.

Abject Stupidity on both parts, and on the part of several responders.  Yeah shooting him, that would have bankrupted you even if you didn't end up in jail.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Yea, I'm gonna get in on this...it has potential!

Bryan
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Hundreds of dollars of ammo was in 1 bag?  Can ye smell it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

thats what i was thinkin too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Hundreds of dollars of ammo was in 1 bag? Can ye smell it?

Have you purchased ammo lately?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Oh, so I guess you would have handled it better, is that what you are saying? How do you know, has this happened before to you? I think you are too quick to criticize, not being in the situation yourself.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By ZW17:
Get a lawyer to get the video tape ASAP or you can kiss any lawsuit goodbye.

Host it to Youtube and then forward the link onto us....
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By juan223:

All teh time, but walmart has cheap ass bags. 2 val packs and they break.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#28]

several hundred dollars worth of ammo isnt fitting in one bag man..hate to see where you buy your ammo

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
can you sum it up in 10 words or less...

btw...

I smell sumthin
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mcgredo] [#30]

Open Carry at Wal-Mart
Security Guard Attempts Disarm
Pissed Myself

Not Haiku form.

Walmart door Nazi
Grabs for open carry pistol
Excitement ensues

OP (if the story is true, and it sounds plausible) is in the right. Nobody is going to grab a gun out of my holster without a fight, and it was astoundingly dumb for clerk dude to try.

ETA: haiku + pain diagram or it didn't happen.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Originally Posted By fultoncoshooter:

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

thats what i was thinkin too.

Perhaps it was double bagged?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#32]
This is why you CCW. Also, use a holster with good retention if you're going to open carry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By PaDanby:

Best bet would have been to cooly and calmly ask him to call the police.  And cooly and calmy cooperate, when the police got there it would have been easily settled.  Then you could go through the business of complaining.

What would have been the difficulty of putting it slowly on the counter?  If you were illegally carrying, you would have lost it when the PD showed up.  If you were legally carrying, you should have got it back when the PD arrived.  And you sure as hell should have called the police.

If you are going to open carry in areas where it is legal and nobody does then you should expect to get attention.  THE WORLD ISN'T FAIR.  There are a hell of a lot of things that are legal to do, but 99+% of the people don't realize it, and doing it in somebody's place of business is likely to be frowned upon. Very few problems are solved by resorting to yelling and screaming as a first used tactic.  The Loss Control guy was likely not following their rules, and yes you may have been in your rights, but your response was about as wrong as it could have been short of shooting him.

Abject Stupidity on both parts, and on the part of several responders.  Yeah shooting him, that would have bankrupted you even if you didn't end up in jail.

All I will say about that is -  try and be calm, cool, and collected when someone puts their hands on you and tries to grab your gun out of its holster.  I was relatively calm up to the point when he put his hands on me.  Like I said, it happened within a matter of seconds.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Reaper] [#34]

several hundred dollars worth of ammo isnt fitting in one bag man..hate to see where you buy your ammo

You could easily fit 8 boxes of their WWB .45 ammo into one bag.  That's at least $250.
(most stores will double-bag ammo anyway)

And thats the cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Edged:

Originally Posted By PaDanby:

All I will say about that is -  try and be calm, cool, and collected when someone puts their hands on you and tries to grab your gun out of its holster.  I was relatively calm up to the point when he put his hands on me.  Like I said, it happened within a matter of seconds.  

i still dont see a MS paint diagram and i(We) would like to hear how $700 worth of 223 and 44mag ammo fits in one bag
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn fake or not that would be one hell of a scary situation!  

Anyone trying to take my firearm would be looking down the barrel of said firearm.  Why did you not draw down?

I just purchased 100rds of 9mm WWB from walmart about 30 minutes ago, but mine was concealed.

ARFCOM I am alright and the old woman who checked my receipt did not jump me
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By DLoken:
This is why you CCW. Also, use a holster with good retention if you're going to open carry.

Holster had great retention with thumb break.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#38]
A gun grab is a lethal force threat, I would have jacked him up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#39]
One of my greatest fears is getting into a physical altercation with an unarmed man while I am carrying. After wrestling around with someone for about 3 seconds they are going to have opportunities to get your weapon...the logical choice would be to shoot them or at the very least display the weapon....problem with that is that they other person is unarmed and regardless of what you claim, good luck getting a jury to see your side of the event.

To the OP...get your CCW permit and go concealed...open carry amongst sheep is asking for trouble. Open carry around your own kind, conceal around the rest.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#40]
Which Wal*Mart in CO?

Also pretty funny that an ex-cop would be working at walmart. Maybe he got fired for mental issues.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By The_Reaper:

You could easily fit 8 boxes of their WWB .45 ammo into one bag.  That's at least $250.
(most stores will double-bag ammo anyway)

And thats the cheap stuff.

8 boxes of 45 100 round boxes weights 18 pounds... i just weighed www 100 rd VP and it weighed 2 lbs and thats $250 worth  double that and thats over 30 lbs in one bag ....BS
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#42]
If you listen real close you can almost hear the music to "Ode To A Wannabe Mall Ninja Boogie" playing in the background...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockCop604] [#43]
If it is true -- wow

If it is not true -- wow

Not so OST. My post count is low also, so I will not discount the possibility just yet.

ETA: NEVER open carry -- why make a target of yourself?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:
A gun grab is a lethal force threat, I would have jacked him up.

To cops it is. Some places hold different laws for normal people, though.

Don't know about CO, but in FL, the WM dude putting a hand on his shoulder would be "Battery - touch or stike" and a misdemeanor. It would also provide reason for the OP to stretch his ass out on the floor or give him an elbow to the face. That is, if this really happened.

It's gonna be some funny shit if the WM dude "appears" to give his side of the story.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gooman24] [#45]

Originally Posted By kybosshog420:

Originally Posted By Freeside:
Leave the gun at home before you kill somebody or some cops try to "dead" you.  Jesus, this isn't a game.

Yea just give up your Right to carry ,be like this guy.

Some people will actually fight for there RIGHTS

One of the things that saddens me the most is that open carry is regarded as a bad decision when it should not even be acknowledged at all.  If this country was the way our founding fathers intended it to be then a gun on a belt in a holster would be as common as a cell phone on a belt in a holder.  I would get down on my knees and thank God and carry my 1911 everywhere I go(the way JMB intended it).

ETA: This post really has nothing to do with weather the original story was BS or not - Just my opinion on some of the responses

<----Hope the new guy ain't shooting his mouth off to much
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By djkest:
Which Wal*Mart in CO?

Also pretty funny that an ex-cop would be working at walmart. Maybe he got fired for mental issues.

I would prefer not to name it at this time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By ZW17:

PS I believe everyone has the right to carry a handgun. Just this XXXXXXX should leave it to somebody else

Watch the personal attacks bud.

Ya know what your right, I shouldn't call him a deuchebag. My bad! However it is conduct like this that casts a badlight on all gun owners. If what he says is true which I doubt. Since he went into so much detail it reads like a Mack Bolan episode. Anyway I wont refer to this fellow as that anymore.   I make nicey
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#48]
God, what is it about fucking Wal mart??????

on every gun forum every day there is at least a couple posts about wal mart.....

i, too smell BS in the OP......

hell, stay out of fucking wal mart with your gun...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By althor:
Wow, so Wal-Mart has their own navy seal black ops green beret operator now?   Seriously though, if I were you, the guy would lose his job if I could make that happen.   I'd take up all the way up the wally world ladder if I had to.  

-Althor

+1
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#50]
[quote
8 boxes of 45 100 round boxes weights 18 pounds... i just weighed www 100 rd VP and it weighed 2 lbs and thats $250 worth  double that and thats over 30 lbs in one bag ....BS

Don't get hung up on how the ammo was bagged.  Would you like me to take pics of it?  It's all still sitting in its bags.
Page / 114
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top