Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
This guy could have handled this much better. Thinly veiled threats are NOT the way to go.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Just when I think I've read every type of post possible on this web site!!!!!  Thren this shows up.  Keep us postedDeltree.

sgtar15

PS BTW, isn't the Draganov the russian sniper rifle that shoots 7.62x54R??  Are these rifles still legal in California under SB23??  Or did I read the rifle's description wrong?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:25:26 AM EDT
[#3]
sgtar15, I doubt that deltree's FFL would have accepted it if it were illegal to have.
As for the missing mag, yes, you should subtract what the mag is worth. As for the charges to his account, if he was charged, then you should cover them, since you lost your wallet.
But don't EVER do a deal with guy again.
The threats were TOTALLY uncalled for. I've seen people on this board go for at least a MONTH without action on a transaction (go check the equipment exchange).

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This guy could have handled this much better. Thinly veiled threats are NOT the way to go.
View Quote

Yup, that's what I told him... and now it comes out that deltree had indeed informed him of the difficulty with the check - sheesh!  This guy need to get a clue...

Of course, taking a bit more of a neutral stance, both sides, it appears, have withheld certain information from the outset... deltree that he had told the guy about the check (or did I miss that in the original post) - and 'patriot' in the fact that the last email i received tells me 'it's resolved, but we had an adversarial relationship prior to the check bounc thing'... gee, Could the missing mag have something to do with that?  Perhaps deltree could go after [b]him[/b] for fraud, considering he didn't get all he paid for.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
sgtar15,

Yes you may call it as a "dragunov" but this is a "tiger" model which does not have a flash hider, bayo-lug unlike the SVD models, BUT the stock can never be installed to comply with the law that we have here in CA, it can only be installed when shooting it to a free state. Unless the stock is a straight one (they have a different model TIGR-1) like M14's which do not have a thumbhole or pistol grip. This is like an Entreprise FAL, you can buy the rifle, but can never install the pistol grip unless it was added to the RR89 list, besides the caliber is 7.62x54r which doesn't fall the 7.62x39 category.  And yes the FFL did verify it to the CADOJ about the legality before the paperwork was done.

Deltree

Quoted:
Just when I think I've read every type of post possible on this web site!!!!!  Thren this shows up.  Keep us postedDeltree.

sgtar15

PS BTW, isn't the Draganov the russian sniper rifle that shoots 7.62x54R??  Are these rifles still legal in California under SB23??  Or did I read the rifle's description wrong?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Deltree,
I wasnt impling any wromg doing on your part.  I was just curious since I would someday like to own one of these fine rifles.
It would be a fine addition to my family.  In short......I'm jealous!!!

Sgtar15
[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000017294/1000017294_1030200131206AM0.8566553.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I said i would check out Tom Tuka... I did seem my topic "deltree part 2"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top