Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 4:39:50 AM EDT
Anybody heard about that library that wouldn't hang a US flag on the building? Well, inside in their art exhibit they had a "work of art" consisting of 21 penises. This guy stole it and replaced it with an US flag. hehe [:D]

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,38626,00.html[/url]

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
So...flying a flag could be offensive to some people, therefore they don't do it.  Yet, they have a statue made of wangs.... I guess I'll never fully understand the thinking of some people.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Hehehe, awesome.  I heard about this on CNN the other day, before the "art" was stolen..  Good for him. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
"It makes a joke of the pain and suffering involved in this exhibit," Walker [[i]the "artist"[/i]]said in a statement.
View Quote

I suppose she's referring to the theft, but I think her statement applies better to the penises-on-a-clothesline sculpture.

Hint to the library: If you really want to promote awareness of domestic violence, provide factual material instead of crappy artwork.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#5]
This really takes... BALLS!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I heard that he referred to himself as "El Dildo Bandito".  Can anyone confirm this?

(for the record:  If I can die without having a news article about me distributed to millions of people featuring my name and the term "penis", I'll have considered my life at least somewhat of a success.)
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
What some people consider art these days is beyond my understanding.

Then again, the whole flag flap sounds like a case of "my patriotism is bigger than yours is."

So they don't have a big goddamn flag flying inside their library?  You can't walk ten steps and not see a flag someplace.  The people creating the controversy are experiencing patriot envy--they doubt their own patriotism, so they must make a big show of their devotion and unity.  Kind of goes to show how worship of the state is just another religion and that our so-called friend "El Bandito" is just like a once-a-week Christian.  Probably has a small penis to boot...
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I heard that he referred to himself as "El Dildo Bandito".  Can anyone confirm this?

View Quote

That is what was being reported on our local news also. I about wrecked my car when I heard that, I haven't laughed that hard at a news story in quite some time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a good one. Or maybe he should of replaced them with some red white and blue dildos. I just hope he's not one of those guys that "claims" that he took the offensive dildos because of the children and he ends up holding on to them for "safe" keeping.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
This little incident happened in Boulder, Colorado, which is not far from the town where I live.  Out here we refer to the "People's Republic of Boulder" as "25 square miles surrounded by reality".  I guess you can see why. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#11]
IT sounds to me like the womyn atrist should be charged with a hate crime. Personally I feel threatened seeing 21 cut off penii(sp?) hanging with a hangman's noose at the end.

Sounds like Lorena Bobbit all over again.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So...flying a flag could be offensive to some people, therefore they don't do it.  Yet, they have a statue made of wangs....
View Quote

Well wouldn't that offend the lesbos?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is an exclusive picture of El Dildo Bandito fighting with the "artist", Suzanne Walker. Damn! She's hot!

[img]http://members-http-1.rwc1.sfba.home.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/choda_lobster.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#14]
What do you think she uses those claws for? ^
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
i can't see the pic.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#17]
hmm i wonder if the el dildo bandito is releated to the frito bandito? "i am the dildo bandidto give me some dildos and ill be your friend ......" or something like that
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Why does that song 'Detachable Penis' keep running through my head as I read this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't know about you, but I would hate it if someone chopped of MY penis and hung it n a clothesline.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I used to live near Boulder.

Can't friggen stand the place.

If there is one place (outside of Kali) that needs to be nuked, it is [b]DEFINITELY[/b] Boulder, CO.

I implore you, this is essential for the future of the American people and our way of life!  Thin out the wacko pinko-commie liberals, the smelly birkenstock dreadlock having homemade clothes wearing hippies, the radical PETA treehugging whale lovers, the man-hating strapon toting ultra-lesbian mountain climbing dikes.  And a bunch of wanna-be kids that will become future anarchists.

...and you'd take out a bunch of rich, liberal, anti-gun, stuck-up asshole soccer-moms while you were at it.

Can't you tell that I miss the place???[}:D]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Interesting how the library "stood behind" this exhibit.  Wonder if they bent over too?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I used to live near Boulder.

Can't friggen stand the place.

If there is one place (outside of Kali) that needs to be nuked, it is [b]DEFINITELY[/b] Boulder, CO.

I implore you, this is essential for the future of the American people and our way of life!  Thin out the wacko pinko-commie liberals, the smelly birkenstock dreadlock having homemade clothes wearing hippies, the radical PETA treehugging whale lovers, the man-hating strapon toting ultra-lesbian mountain climbing dikes.  And a bunch of wanna-be kids that will become future anarchists.

...and you'd take out a bunch of rich, liberal, anti-gun, stuck-up asshole soccer-moms while you were at it.

Can't you tell that I miss the place???[}:D]
View Quote

HKocher...ROTFLMFAO...your description also PERFECTLY fits the area outside of Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA where I grew up (and amazingly escaped from uninfluenced and unharmed by the radical, purpled haired, pierced commie leftists that roam the streets).  I don't know about nuking it, as my family still lives nearby, but one well-placed daisy cutter should suffice okay.

Cloak-

(Edited to add that I FUCKIN' HATE liberals!!!)
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn it, I was going to post a witty remark, but you guys stole them all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top