Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 9:05:56 PM EDT
Guys,

The best friend I've ever had is getting married in June and he asked me to be his best man.  I've never even been to wedding, let alone been the best man. It's going to take place near Boston.  I'd really appreciate if I could get some tips on planning the bachelor party.  People from the Boston area please feel free to recommend a venue. He'd like it if I could find a place where his 17 year old brother could be included.  Most people there are going to be current or ex miliatry or law enforcement, so if this thing turns into a bomb I'm never going to have any peace, let alone respect. Your help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Try to talk him out of it and you'll both have fewer headaches!!! Just kidding of course. Wish I could help you but I couldn't resist being the first wise ass to reply. Good Luck to both of you and have Fun.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
For the 17 year old you may need to hire a stripper.  This can get very expensive.  I didn't have this problem because the groom(a Marine) was ordered by his bride to be that the only woman he was to see naked was her. He wouldn't go near a strip club on the night of a party, it was pathetic really.  Oh well, we all got trashed. That was fun
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Hookers

Donkeys

Egg beaters

Rubber hose (6")

Tequila

Several boxes of crayons

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, hell, just go to Legal Seafoods at Copley, then wander over to the peep shows in the "combat zone".

Or if they've cleaned that part of town up, start at the Saugus Steak House and then go to one of the nearby mafia-run "entertainment venues".
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn't have this problem because the groom(a Marine) was ordered by his bride to be that the only woman he was to see naked was her. He wouldn't go near a strip club on the night of a party, it was pathetic really.
View Quote

Those orders were meant to be broken. What happens at the bachelor party stays at the bachelor party....just like on the Green Mile.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you thought of checking for cheap plane tickets to Reno?  Or has the bride to be deicided it should be  one of those "no professionals allowed" bachelor parties?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have you thought of checking for cheap plane tickets to Reno?  Or has the bride to be deicided it should be  one of those "no professionals allowed" bachelor parties?
View Quote

You mean prostiutes?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Get together with the Groom and Bride and make up a list of people who will attend the batchelor party. (Do not leave the Bride out of this or she will be really pissed). Find a place that caters to batchelor parties such as a Female Mud wresting place or if you have it at your place and get strippers collect money from all attending.

Do not forget that it will be your responsibility to "Toast the Bride", also at the reception. Go to a library or bookstore for a book on ideas for this. [b]This is very important so do not mess this part up![/b] Yes, you will have to speak in front of everybody but with proper planning and practice you will become the cats meows to the bride and reap benefits for years to come.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:10:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Golden Bananna north of boston in Saugus,Foxy Lady south(actually RI,(thats where the NE-Patriots get their FUN,less than 45min drive),or theres a place in stoughton,the name eludes me.Or just go to the corner of Lagrange'n Washington Downtown.There is NO more combat zone...only like 2 clubs where there once was 4 blocks worth.Dont be a 'wuss' and invite/plan the BACHLOR party with the bride.[:
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Alex's in Stoughton is the place yer thinking of mags, I second the recommendation to go down to the Foxy Lady in RI - though one has opened up in Brockton (25 miles south of Boston).  The FL is pretty dang good from what I hear [;)]

We did the stripper in the hotel room bit for a buddy of mine in Manhatten, and boy was that some serious $$$$$$$
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Bachelor party rule # 1:  Anyone stupid enough to bring a camera gets it smashed at the door. No evidence damn it!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#13]
one word: LIMO

in a limo, there are no "drinking ages", no wives, hell, no rules at all! you can hire strippers to perform at a neutral, no ID place so the youngster can play too, or have them perform IN the limo. there can be drinking, and NO drunk driving (bound to be a hit among the LE types!) and it just adds a touch of class to any occasion. it went over HUGE this past summer when the thumbscrews of "best-manhood" were clamped on me!

the bachelor party is the easy part, just wait until you have to speak coherently in front of 300 people! [puke]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bachelor party rule # 1:  Anyone stupid enough to bring a camera gets it smashed at the door. No evidence damn it!
View Quote

Hoo boy--good rule.  My step daughter got married 4 years ago.  The "hot" topic at the wedding reception was passing around pics from the bachelor party.  These involved lots of whipped cream and a skanky looking stripper naked and squatting about two inches above the faces of those in attendance.  Several brothers-in-law left the reception in less than good graces with their wives.  
View Quote

man, that is just WRONG!

It has been almost 2 years since I got married, and almost two and a half since my best man got married.... to this day, "it was two other guys" not us...and no details have been shared outside of those originally present.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#16]
If you have access to a VFW or Legion Posts, ask to have a party there.  You can probably buy a keg from them and have it setup for you.  My friends father is a Legion member, and thats where we have all of our Bachelor parties.  There a room seperate from the bar area with tables setup to play cards, chat, etc.  We usually buy 1-2 kegs from them and they have them setup when we get there.  The when the girls get there we usually invite the members that are sitting in the bar area to come over  and donate some $1 bills for some entertainment.  After the girls leave we have a limobus ready to go out bar-hopping.

Bring your camera too, its a good thing to have pictures to reminisce about the good times after the divorce.  Its always funny to see pictures of the swacked Bachelor party participants doing stupid stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top