Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 4:35:02 AM EDT
I remember reading here that the Astrohall show is better than the G.R.B. show.  I promised a gun show neophyte that I'd take him to the next Astrohall show.

I've been watching the schedule, and noted a show on the weekend of 17 November.  Now I see that is a "Gun and Knife [I]collectors[/I] Show".  That didn't sound right, so kept checking the schedule, and see the "High Caliber" show is in the Astro-complex in mid-December.  I also see that same show also occurs in the G.R.B.

So... which is it?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#1]
This coming weekend is THE show.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I can't find any rhyme or reason as to which shows are good and which are lame. I've been to some really good shows at both the Astrohall and the GRB. I've also been to some rather weak shows at both. The High Caliber and Saxet gun shows are both pretty good. There's one at the Astrohall once per quarter which used to be THE show to go to but I think it's been dilluted because of all the other shows around the country.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This weekend is the show the Houston Gun Collectors Assn. puts on.  They do a show 3 times a year (usually).  Normally, the show that they do in November pretty much kicks ass except for the no ammo rule.  Someone explained this whole no ammo deal to me before but I don't remember the details at the moment.
This is THE show to attend in Houston.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
There are two promoters who work here in town that I know of.  One has shows at the G.R.B., the AstroArena, and The Pasadena Convention Center.  These shows have ammo unless they're at the G.R.B. because of an ordinance that does not allow ammo/explosives on city property.  High Caliber puts on these shows.  They're not bad, but they're not the best.  I believe there are 5 more of these through the end of the year.  I think they have one every weekend in December except for the first one.

This weekend is THE show.  The Gun and Knife Collectors shows are the 2000 table ones, put on by The Houston Gun Collectors Association.  This is the last one for the year, and their 4th of the year.  There won't be another one this year.  Their schedule is generally one in January, one in June, one in August, and one in November.  There is no ammo at the Astrohall shows, but I think that has more to do with the promoter than anything else, as the Reliant Astrodomain complex is not owned by the city.  I'll be at this weekends show, though all my gun money seems to be accounted for.  If anyone wants to stop and say hi, feel free.  I'll be wearing this t-shirt, but in black:

[img]http://https.openbsd.org/images/tshirt-2.jpg[/img]

See you guys there.

God Bless Texas

[edit`d becuz I speel gewd!]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GBT, what day are you gonna be there?  And around what time?  You bringing the missus?  I'll be there on Sat, but I have no clue at what time.  I just want to know if I should look for you.  If so, look for a dumbass with a gotee and a hot redhead.
View Quote

We'll be there Saturday, as Sunday is church, housework, and gun cleaning day.  I'll definitely have the wife, and the kids as well in the double stroller.  I'm tall (6'3") with spikey black hair and a goatee.  We'll probably get there slightly before noon or around then.  I hope to see you there.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Man these things fall faster than a Taliban Regime![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
ill be there selling books,stop by and introduce yourselves.rich and badass jon said they would stop by.remember shaved head and 3 tables of books!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
GBT, what day are you gonna be there?  And around what time?  You bringing the missus?  I'll be there on Sat, but I have no clue at what time.  I just want to know if I should look for you.  If so, look for a dumbass with a gotee and a hot redhead.
View Quote

We'll be there Saturday, as Sunday is church, housework, and gun cleaning day.  I'll definitely have the wife, and the kids as well in the double stroller.  I'm tall (6'3") with spikey black hair and a goatee.  We'll probably get there slightly before noon or around then.  I hope to see you there.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

C'mon guys what's up?  Are you all FDCGH's?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#10]
What is an FDCGH?  I'm an XQP$2, but I have no idea what an FDCGH is.

The wife and kids are ready to go, I just need to shower.  I'll be there around noon, as I stated earlier.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#12]
brouhaha, what time are you and the mrs. planning on getting there?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I met drock and bought some books from him.  I must have missed everyone else, but we didn't get there until almost 1pm.  For those of you that were there and I didn't meet, we'll have to go shooting sometime.

At the show I fell in love with an HK USP, a Kimber and some other stuff.  Man, I need to get a second job to pay for my gun habit.

Drock, it was a pleasure meeting you, and I'll catch up with you at the next show.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I went yesterday. This is a very very bad show to attend when you don't really have any money to spend. I already blew my toy budget earlier in the week. I saw a couple of the Bushmaster M4gerys for $789 each. Picked one up and played with it. Real nice. Gotta get one of those someday.

I thought there was a fantastic selection of stuff and the prices where actually pretty good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top