Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/11/2001 9:19:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Get A Lawyer!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What fruitballs. That stupid Swiss fruitcake doesn't even know the history of his own nation. Some liberal euro-trash teenyboy who lives in that liberal fantasyland utopia where everyone should love everyone.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Man if I wasn't so lazy I'd register
just so I could tell
those anti-American creeps that
if we Americans didn't own guns
we'd all be speaking Canadian by now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Check it again. A poster by the handle of Deadnail road in like the Lone Ranger and SPANKED[BD]Fredrik's Kumbya singin', ooooh criminals need our love too sayin, American hateing Swedish ASS.

It was.....lovely, simply lovely [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:29:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Check this out. http://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/disarm1.html
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:40:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#8]
[puke]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:24:18 AM EDT
[#9]
How ironic that "Doom" players want to ban guns, probably because they don't trust themselves with them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I would not waste my time getting mad over this. I mean, hell, just look at the board. They's mostly just a bunch of snot-nosed clowns who truly believe they're bad-asses. I was laughing so hard I could bearly read at some of those posts talking about "lazy Americans" needing guns because they can't kill anybody the "hard way". Yeah, like any of those little weenie boys could stick anyone with a knife or sword.

Anyway, the resident gunowners on that board are doing an excellent job of taking them to task on the subject.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I tried to register, But it said I was banned...wonder if they have software that lets them know I was just on AR15.com...I tried several time...BUNCH of WUSSIES...Maybe becouse we have guns is why we just so happen to be THEE superpower of the world...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would not waste my time getting mad over this. I mean, hell, just look at the board. They's mostly just a bunch of snot-nosed clowns who truly believe they're bad-asses. I was laughing so hard I could bearly read at some of those posts talking about "lazy Americans" needing guns because they can't kill anybody the "hard way". Yeah, like any of those little weenie boys could stick anyone with a knife or sword.

Anyway, the resident gunowners on that board are doing an excellent job of taking them to task on the subject.  
View Quote

You're right, tep.  But reading those posts just makes me want to get my AR and .... whack them over the head with it!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#14]
You wouldn't want to do that MC. They'd get their swords out and come after you. And some of them have seen Highlander several times! They HAVE to be experts by now. You wouldn't stand a chance.

Yeah, some of them (especially the Swedish kid, someone should explain exactly how much the world would be changed if Sweden had never existed) really annoy me. Ignorance does that to me. Overall I find the whole thing very laughable, they cannot even put up a token defense to their position. Sad.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]
It said I was banned too so I'll just post it here...

America's contributions to the world, the invention of:

Automobile
Airplane
Light bulb
CPU
Internet
etc.
etc.
etc.
I don't even have time to list them all...

Switzerland's contribution's to the world:
The Swiss army knife (which CAN be used to kill people)

America is the greatest country in the world, if you disagree just look at where the world would be without all of the contribution we've made over the last 100 years. Switzerland could fall of the face of the planet and it wouldn't make a bit of difference...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
You wrote too much!  You can't possible expect a bunch of DOOMers to read a complete sentence.  They are used to jabbering in NETspeak whilst fragging each other for hours at a time.  They probably read the first 1/2 line and gave up.

BTW - Doom was fun... back in 1995!

I am still waiting for them to come out with a Gun-Control version of Doom.  Weapon 1 = Peace sign, Weapon 2 = Protest Sign, Weapon 3 = Picture of Barbara Boxer, Weapon 4 = The New York Times, Weapon 5 = Humanitarian Aid for the Criminal, Weapon 6 = The BFrubberband9000 (For when you really need to fight back!).
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#20]
LMAO,  Torf, you should register and post that!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Good God,...You mean people STILL play DOOM?
I guess they dont make enough allowance to buy any up to date games,....or maybe a computer capable of playing any of them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#22]
1995?  Doom was old hat by then [:D]

(Actually I was still playing it then too)
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#23]
One common thread from all of the badass wanabees - they are all from countries whose ass we either had to kick or save - using guns.....

The worst of the ignorant trolls is from Sweden, not Switzerland.  Swedes are from Sweden, Swiss are from Switzerland.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]
It is amazing...half the countries represented by these bleeding hearts were over-run by the Germans in WWI and WWII.  If they HAD guns and grew some balls, the USA wouldn't have to keep bailing them out of trouble everytime a self-proclaimed dictator steps up to the plate!

Hell, if England is so good, then why have we had to kick them out of this country, save their country's ass and prop up their ecomomy with stuff like food, oil, coal, steel etc.  

I just don't think these punks on the Doom forum know their own countries history.  I guess they are in denial.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:22:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Fuckin registration RAPED ME of my ü. [:(!] Anyways...

[b]IF YOU ARE "BANNED" FROM DOOMWORLD:[/b]

We've banned everybody using the AOL web browser. Almost everybody who has come to the forums through AOL would post typical AOL chatroom spam like "VC VCVC XCCX", "HE IN FATMAN BUTT", "U R A GAY FAGGITY FAG FAG", "LOLOLOLOLOLOL", other childish insults involving genitalia, etc etc. The bans cover AOL's proxy server, which is only used by the AOL web browser. In other words, the ban wasn't directed at you personally so sorry if it's caused any distress.

If you are an AOL user, you can simply open another browser such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, whatever else you may have, and register/post accordingly. IE [i]should[/i] be on every computer that has an OS as recent as Win95. Why anybody would use AOL's pathetic excuse for a web browser is beyond me anyways.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Hello there little kitties, I'm here to play a little.

First and foremost one of you guys just pissed me off. There are REASONS people still play Doom. Personally, I have a nice Pentium 3 with a GeForce 2 and I own just about all the new games for PC (I also have all the latest consoles, and I play my PS2 daily). I was pissed off when I beat Max Payne in one day so I went back to Doom.

I always go back to Doom because it is a fast paced, frantic game that you can never master but always get better at. It doesn't waste time with bullshit features or bullshit gameplay mechanics it is nothing but pure, hardcore action and I really like that. Don't get me wrong, I absofuckinglutely ADORE my copy of Undying, but I still play Doom.

Oh, and Doom isn't outdated either. It happens to be open source, and right now, if you like, you can play Doom at 1600 by 1200 in 32 bit color with full OpenGL enhancements. I'd like to see YOUR computer do that. =)

Now then, as for 'The Kiddies Not Being Out Of School', the people on the Doomworld forums are quite diverse. Just about maybe two hundred people regularly visit there from five or six continents and their ages range from 13 to 50 (The Goddamn freak with 6000 posts is from Chicago though, and his lazy ass needs to get a job! =). That's why you might not get a timely reply, people are busy. Personally, I live in Michigan and I work second shift so my primetime is midnight to 4am US Eastern.

Thanks for the recognition although I'm not really sure I deserve it, I just said what I feel in an exceptionally vulgar manner (like always). If you peruse the forums (although I sincerely doubt you will) you'll find a lot of strong opinions on just about any subject you can imagine in there... Doom is pretty much just a suggested topic. Some people do have some twisted, ignorant or oft downright ignorant opinions on some subjects and flamewars are pretty common (look at how many threads have been deleted there for cryin' out loud).

However, I will say thanks for the great comments you fellers added and I really appreciate some backup. I'm just an all American Republican stoner and I'm ill equipped to handle everything that comes my way, and honesty and truth is always good karma so thanks for the comments again, guys.

If you're interested in me, for some unfathomable reason, my website is http://www.deadnail.f2s.com and I keep a somewhat interesting/obscene/humorous journal there. Enjoy if you will.

Be good, guys, don't shoot anyone you don't have to.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't worry deadnail.  Some of us still remeber the good ol' days of Doom.  I haven't tried the OpenGl version yet, I'll have to d/l it and play.  
Doom of course was one of the reasons I got into computer networking...so I could load it onto the school networks and play in between classes. My roommate at the time wrote WadEd.  Doom rocked.  The rest of the world (including Id I think somedays) is still trying to replicate the level of fun in that game.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#31]
deadnail,...the derogatory posts were more or less aimed at the little teenage toughguy wannabees posting ludicrous statements like "I prefer to fight with swords", "Americans like guns because they are too lazy to kill people the hard way", the ones who have obviously taken "Highlander" and "Dungeons & Dragons" just a little bit too seriously.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#33]
My roommate at the time wrote WadEd.
View Quote
No shit?! Somebody's been trying to track him down for like 3 years, finally got a hold of him a few weeks ago [:P]

As for me, I don't really play Doom as much as make maps for it. I am sick of the actual game, however it's one of the few creative outlets I have that remains consistent. Plus, I've got my own engine coder, if I want something in the game I tell him to put it in and there it is. Makes things so much more fun that way [:D]
(The Goddamn freak with 6000 posts is from Chicago though, and his lazy ass needs to get a job! =).
View Quote
[b]I HAD A JOB YOU NINNYHAMMER.[/b] It's not my fault my old boss is as lazy as I am. How was I supposed to know he'd take 5 months to not review the applications?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Hi Deadnail.  
Please don't misunderstand my 1995 comment, I still think Doom and Doom2 are among the best shooters around.  I played it in college for hours at a time.  We even set up our own network for multi-player action, (this was back in 1995-96).

I was just suprised to find out that there is still active Doom sites on the internet!  After all that was what? 7 years ago?

Where is an Open GL version of Doom available?  I am starting to have problems finding a good DOS machine to play with, and the Win95 version drops my mouse for some reason.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh man, we are soooooooo busted.  [:D]

This is the best laugh I've had all day!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh man, we are soooooooo busted.  [:D]

This is the best laugh I've had all day!
View Quote

No, I invited them over since they had already reviewed their server logs to see the referring URL of the link in the first message of this thread. I figured that since there was some pro-gun sentiment over there working already there was no harm in making an invitation. I am glad to see a couple took me up on it! We got to recruit while we evangelize.

Any good propoganda minister knows that.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Hello. I am ShadyXMR over at Doomworld, one of those resident gun owners that rose to the fight. It was my referral to SinistralRifleman (as he is a friend of mine) that seemingly sparked the exodus of support. I have been lurking at these forums on and off for four or five months but have not bothered to register (as I did with Doomworld). I regularly go target shooting, hunting, etc. with my dad, but the experience is limited due to my residence in Kalifornia.

I had to tell you, for a while it looked pretty bleak as I was the only person returning fire. Thanks for the supporting assult, deadnail, I, and others appreciate it.

Hehe, looks like deady's your guys' hero.

Let me just clear up a few things.

These weenies live in a fantasy world.
View Quote

Please, not all of us do. Apparently most of them do.

View Quote

All four of us tried out best.

But it said I was banned
View Quote

I think Lut may have an explanation for that. Or Linguica just got pissed. :) Sometimes area wide IP bans take out some other innocent posters.

You wrote too much! You can't possible expect a bunch of DOOMers to read a complete sentence. They are used to jabbering in NETspeak whilst fragging each other for hours at a time. They probably read the first 1/2 line and gave up.

BTW - Doom was fun... back in 1995!
View Quote

Yes, actually I am accused of writing novels as posts by Lut. I also read before I write, as I have with this thread.
NETspeak? Personally I don't do that THAT much. When I do it is in mocking of Half Life or Quake players.
I read all of the lines.
DOOM is open source. DOOM is still fun if you bother to check out the new upgrades (source ports that add freelook, jumping, OpenGL accelerated graphics, MD2 models, the list goes on...), new levels, new weapons, and THIS list goes on. So if you bother to pop that floppy back in your computer and have patience to figure out a few things it becomes VERY fun.

And, if you can get the upgrades, etc. all working at the same time [i]almost[/i] rivals some of today's games (in my opinion), except today's game can't hold my attention like DOOM does or have the gameplay that DOOM does.

I am still waiting for them to come out with a Gun-Control version of Doom. Weapon 1 = Peace sign, Weapon 2 = Protest Sign, Weapon 3 = Picture of Barbara Boxer, Weapon 4 = The New York Times, Weapon 5 = Humanitarian Aid for the Criminal, Weapon 6 = The BFrubberband9000 (For when you really need to fight back!).
View Quote

HAHAHAHA. Don't give any of those source code hackers any ideas, they'll program that if they do.

Good God,...You mean people STILL play DOOM?
I guess they dont make enough allowance to buy any up to date games,....or maybe a computer capable of playing any of them.
View Quote

Yes, it is quite fun actually, if you bother to use the new upgrades, blah blah, I said this earlier.
No, as I said earlier, most of us can't stand the style of today's games because of their gameplay or boringness (at least that goes for me). I hope these fallicious statements are said in jest.

And now I'm scrolling down to deadnail's post and the replies... DAMMIT, everything I want to say further has been said! :P Oh well.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#38]
For everyone that is interested in OpenGL version of DOOM, go to www.doomworld.com and click on the right hand side "Source Ports / Mods". Choose the appropriate platform and browse the source ports. The best for OpenGL specifically are JDoom (Doomsday engine) and ZDoomGL. ZDoom by itself is quite good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:28:26 AM EDT
[#39]
They are still at it... I referred this matter  to C.A.N.G. at [url]http://www.crappybobandnicbig.com[/url] for an internet driveby on their forum.

Seems you can't reason with people.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, the main thing I didn't understand is how people who like violent video games, which involve lots of big guns, can be so rabidly anti-gun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm not a game player and never even saw Doom played, but the guy who invented Doom lives in my small town and his mother lives right across the street from us.

Geez he makes a LOT OF MONEY from those games!  Don't know him but his mother's good people.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#43]
They probably dont know that they can even shoot real guns if they wanted to -- some of the people I work with saw pictures of my gun collection the other day and a few of them were shocked and amazed and reacted with something to the effect of "you cant own those" or (duh)"those are army guns!" after which a lengthy explanation of what is leagl or ileagl (OK so it was a really slow day) as far as AW's go and invitation to the range with those of us that do shoot and pics of some of us with employees from other offices at shoots in PA and TX (with said evil rifles) I think we got a few converts if I can actually get them to the range for some fun. These Doom players are mostly the same they think that the only way they can actually fire guns is simulated or on screen take these kids on a school trip to the MA machine gun shoots or knob creek and they'd never go back to the doom fourm. Post some pics of knob creek or the quad 50 firing and you will have thier interest peaked. The game is fun the real thing is funner ! Wait till they discover girls !!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#44]
The single funniest thing in this thread:

[b]I HAD A JOB YOU NINNYHAMMER[/b]

[:D]
View Quote
Heh, thanks :)
Yeah, the main thing I didn't understand is how people who like violent video games, which involve lots of big guns, can be so rabidly anti-gun.
View Quote
One is fantasy and one is reality. I love nuking things in C&C, I love shooting stuff up in FPS games, I love movies like Independence Day where entire cities get trashed in a wave of fire. But I don't wish any of that to happen for real. I think the same goes for most other people who know the difference between entertainment and reality.

On the topic of guns; I dunno. I've never seen it as a huge issue to me. I figure people ought to own some and there's groups like the NRA to see that they do. If some idiot blows their head off or lets their 4-year-old shoot his brother by accident, it's their fault and their problem. They can choke to death on chicken for that matter; anything is equally dangerous in different people's hands. EVERYTHING is great material for people to start ban proposals on, so guns don't stand out as a bigger issue (to me) than anything else which gets the yuppie soccer moms aroused.
These Doom players are mostly the same they think that the only way they can actually fire guns is simulated or on screen
View Quote
It's sure a lot cheaper that way.

I'd love to get my own collection of guns and take them to shooting ranges and whatnot, but I can barely feed myself with my current income and I sure don't have a lot of other pretty toys aside from this old PC that hardly works anymore.
Wait till they discover girls !!
View Quote
Shit, don't even get me started.

My last girlfriend... God she was crazy. It was OK for a few weeks. She liked my death metal and industrial and gory movies and all that, was overly cynical just like me, yadda yadda yadda. But she would never leave me alone. She'd call me like every night with nothing to say, say it for 4 hours, "blah blah blah" and I'm watching TV or doing homework while this is going on, saying "yes, yeah, sure". Then she'd come over to my house and NOT GO AWAY! It's not like she called first, she just kinda showed up. The first time I made the mistake of not locking the door, and she walked right in after waiting outside 2 minutes. So then I'd lock the door, and she'd wait outside (not knowing if I was in or not, but obviously anybody would guess I wasn't home when I didn't answer the door for 10 minutes). She was out there for about 4 hours one day. I was going to the Army eventually and figured I could last a few more weeks without telling her off, but man it was hell, like, EVERY DAY she'd come over, uninvited, and just wait around. She scared me. Then I started having nightmares, and one of them was in the Event Horizon, and she was chasing me down that long dark corridor in the middle of the ship in her prom dress with her eyes torn out yelling "I know you're in the house Steven! I'm coming for you! You'll be with me... FOREVER!" and that's when I finally said "[b]Go away[/b]".
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#45]
why waste your breath on losers?  don't bother
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#46]
well it appears we picked up some new friends in all this.  Have not played Doom in so long, brings back good memories.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Man if I wasn't so lazy I'd register
just so I could tell
those anti-American creeps that
if we Americans didn't own guns
we'd all be speaking Canadian by now.
View Quote

I can own a LE AR15, I can buy a brand-new SIG 550, you can't. Canada isnt that bad, and where defenetly 10 times better then California.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Hey Canada,

Take off, ya hoser.

[url]ohcanadaeh.com[/url]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top