Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2001 3:26:01 PM EDT
Hey all, as some of you may know, I am in the process of having a local company replace my rifle that they damaged during refinishing. They agreed to replace the A1 upper with a new Bushmaster A1 upper and This mark looks nothing like my other bushies marks, so I am wondering if this is a bushie or some other make. When I looked it over, The only mark I could find was on the right side of the upper on the indented area at the back of the handle. I have added two images, one of the area in question, the other is a drawing I made of the mark. The mark is the only thing on this upper. I am by no means a artist, but it is as close as I could get. The mark is about the same size as the "M" seen in the pic of the colt. A couple of you sent me a chart which had various marks and what company used them.
If anyone has a recent bushmaster A1 upper, I would appreciate you checking it for a mark and let me know what you find.[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fa1%5Frearsight%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2FUpper%2520A%2520Emblem2%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt
Forged by Martin Marietta
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
My Bushmaster A1 has that exact mark (The drawing, not the photo). It was shipped direct from Quality Parts so I trust it's genuine.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks tupperware, thats what I wanted to hear. How old is your upper or when did you get it ?

cpermd,I was using The pic of the upper as an example as to where the mark was. The mark on mine is the one from the drawing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top