Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#1]
A+ post!

By far the most historically significant post I've ever seen on arfcom, save for posts by our enlisted men & women. Thanks for being there and even more so, being first in line. No better way to say that the 2A isn't about hunting than having a arfcommer at the front of the line.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
shoulda put a boltface sticker somewhere!!

thanks for standing out there for the rest of us.  

I ordered a boltface t-shirt but it did not come in time

I wanted something subtle that most would not notice but those in the know would understand.

They wont let you protest or wear any sort of speech on court property.

That would have so rocked if you had worn it and got a thumbs up from one of the Justices.

Oh well.  

rr
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Great writeup.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Well done young man, well done!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew when I read that two guys were in line early Sunday night it had to be Arfcomers!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool, glad you got to sit in on a very important case.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You sir, are hardcore! Good on ya for doing this, and reporting it back to us.

What the Swing Man says.

btw,  the guy on the left in the 'I don't know pic' is Vin Syp-something or other.  He writes a gun rights column in Shotgun News.

Vin Suprynowicz
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Subscribing so I can see the pics when I get back home.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You sir, are hardcore! Good on ya for doing this, and reporting it back to us.

What the Swing Man says.

btw,  the guy on the left in the 'I don't know pic' is Vin Syp-something or other.  He writes a gun rights column in Shotgun News.

Vin Suprynowicz

I think I remember hearing someone wrote for Shotgun News.

I'm sure there was many big name people there that I did not recognize. The Mayor was there. Alan said he was sitting in the reflection of his bald spot
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've never done this before, but I really think this particular post deserves it.

OP:  Log out and back in.  Welcome to Team.

rr

Great!  As soon as I clicked on the thread and saw it wasn't shens I was hoping someone would chip in for team membership.

Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice writeup and pictures.   Thanks for sharing them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Great post.  Wish I could have been there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for this great post!  
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for sharing good job.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Very cool

If you can, add a report about the goings on in the courtroom (what you thought of justices, lawyers, atmosphere in general).  I would enjoy anything you can tell us about that as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#18]
NICE!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Great report, thanks.

Where'd you get the rabbit hat?
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you for the pictures and representing Arfcom.  How did this hearing compare to the others you have been to?
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent, excellent post.  Thanks for being there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for sharing and letting me live vicariously - if i lived closer I would have loved to do what you did.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#24]

xdalfalkif

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EFFORT AND POST.

(See someone already took care of a membership for you.)

5sub
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Great pics and story.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Did you mention ARFCOM to any of the people you met? Having an EBR owner at the front of the line is symbolic and important, but it doesn't mean much if no one knows about it. You could have really slammed home the "RKBA is not for hunting" statement.

Awesome post either way, though. The pigeon line was good.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#27]
WOW! Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Shame to see that fencing around the Capitol.  When I lived in DC you could walk right up and peek in the windows if you wanted.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#29]
xdalfalkif please check your IM
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#30]
A lot of class in this tread, the most from the OP!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you very much for sharing

Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Great job!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Very good job. Great writing and great pics

Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Way to go xdalfalkif!

Having ARFcommer as the FIRST IN LINE guy
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#35]
in on a great thread
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#36]
That is the most fuckin' awesomest thing I have ever seen on this site!

Kudos to you and the rest of the "7!"
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Outstanding!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#38]
THX for the great thread.     I'm going back into my bunker now.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Great report, thanks.

Where'd you get the rabbit hat?

It is my brother's hat. It's made by Columbia sportswear.

Quoted:
Thank you for the pictures and representing Arfcom.  How did this hearing compare to the others you have been to?

I would say this hearing was much better than the others. The other ones I saw were statutory law cases. Big snore-athons. Even the case that a relative's law firm argued was boring. The fact that this was a con law case and on a topic I know a lot about helped keep it interesting. I was able to follow all of the arguments. The court also allowed some of the attorneys to speak after their time limit. This never happened before when I watched.

I was impressed that each of the justices asked probing questions when questioning the city. Even RBG asked some good ones. I was surprised that J. Kennedy, who was considered a swing vote, gave such a clear version of his beliefs: The RKBA is independent of one's involvement in a militia.

I was disappointed that J. Scalia seemed willing to allow a full out machine gun ban if Congress wanted to ban them. I hope I'm wrong. I was also hoping this case would move J. Thomas to speak, it didn't.

The ABC reporter Jan Crawford Greenburg was pointing me out to other reporters while we were waiting for the case to begin because I stood in line so long. I think it was her that told me she had gone shooting on Monday while working on the case. .38 I think it was.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Excellent, I hope it truly ends up as a historically important day when the 2nd was finally acknowledged as an individual right and not some "militia" garbage that has been oozed forth by the liberal sleazebags.

To be there for such a thing is something to be remembered for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#41]
awesomeness
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Great job, but just one question.  Were you able to take a shower at any time during the wait?  Or were you good and ripe for the Justices and reporters?
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Did you mention ARFCOM to any of the people you met? Having an EBR owner at the front of the line is symbolic and important, but it doesn't mean much if no one knows about it. You could have really slammed home the "RKBA is not for hunting" statement.

We always mentioned that the RKBA is about an individual's right to defend one's nation and one's self when talking to reporters. My local paper talked to me; I liked the way their write up turned out. They talked about how I liked to hunt small game but the reason I support the RKBA is for philisophical reasons related to self defense. I told them the purpose of the 2A is not hunting.

I asked a few people if they were ARFCOMERS, no bites. I wanted to yell "GET BOTH!" down the line and see if I got any responses. I never had the chance to do it though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Best thread of the calendar year.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This guy ... eventually started telling us how McCain and other Senators had implants in their brains that gives them LSD. The LSD counteracts the dementia causing radio waves from cell phone towers!

Wow. My few occasions to visit that godforsaken hellhole of a City have left the impression on me that pretty much everybody that lives there is clinically insane, because a person would have to be insane to want to live in that toilet in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We always mentioned that the RKBA is about an individual's right to defend one's nation and one's self when talking to reporters. My local paper talked to me; I liked the way their write up turned out. They talked about how I liked to hunt small game but the reason I support the RKBA is for philisophical reasons related to self defense. I told them the purpose of the 2A is not hunting.

I asked a few people if they were ARFCOMERS, no bites. I wanted to yell "GET BOTH!" down the line and see if I got any responses. I never had the chance to do it though.

you should have yelled out "SIIHPAPP" that'll draw em out like flies to bug zapper
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Witness to history. That's something to pass on to the grandkids.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Awesome pics... thanks for sharing.

That must have been quite the experience!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you should have yelled out "SIIHPAPP" that'll draw em out like flies to bug zapper

I thought about it, but I was afraid of what I might see.
Link Posted: 3/19/2008 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow good thread.  I almost felt like I was there
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top