Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2001 7:39:33 AM EDT
WAS PUT ON LAYOFF ON FRIDAY ANYONE ELSE HERE UNEMPLOYED?NO TIME FRAME GIVEN IF AND WHEN I MIGHT BE CALLED BACK.HAVE CLASS A CDL TO DRIVE SEMI ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE LOOKING FOR DRIVERS OR WAREHOUSE WORK IN CLEVELAND OH AREA IF ANYONE ELSE IS OUT OF WORK POST HERE FOR OTHER MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD COULD HELP IF THEY NO OF WORK IN THIER AREA THANKS
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
 The trucking industry in this area (Harrisburg, Pa) is even advertising on the radio for truck drivers.  The local paper has more ads for drivers than everything else put together.  Is it possible for you to relocate?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]
it is the same up here in Superior Wi the places will put you through the school to get your DL if you want to work for them
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I am unemployed as of thursday, 8 Nov. 01.
It hasn't really sunk in yet. The bills are paid for a while and I'm getting a lot of things done that I have neglected for a few months.
Tuesday I'll have to start looking again.

Edited to add that the papers are full of ads for truck drivers.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Look at my signature.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about the job loss. Their hiring and training for Coal Miners here in WV. A good paying job if one does not mind not seeing daylight for 10 plus hours! I took a tour of a mine 25 years ago, I always wondered where a man goes to the "john", the reply was "anywhere you can" Good Luck..
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in Cincinnati and 700 WLW has been running ads for Ace Doran Trucking on the Truckin' Bozo Show overnights. They are looking for drivers. Ace is based here and I know the family. You might try giving them a call since Cinci isn't too far.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WAS PUT ON LAYOFF ON FRIDAY ANYONE ELSE HERE UNEMPLOYED?NO TIME FRAME GIVEN IF AND WHEN I MIGHT BE CALLED BACK.HAVE CLASS A CDL TO DRIVE SEMI ANYONE KNOW OF ANYONE LOOKING FOR DRIVERS OR WAREHOUSE WORK IN CLEVELAND OH AREA IF ANYONE ELSE IS OUT OF WORK POST HERE FOR OTHER MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD COULD HELP IF THEY NO OF WORK IN THIER AREA THANKS
View Quote

They probably fired you for using the CapsLock. [:P]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry about that man....

My bride just learned her company will shut their doors in a day or two..

Investors backed off due to 9/11 attacks.

It does SUCK!

The xmas is gonna be tooled back a bit I'm guessing.

Good Luck on the Job hunt!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top