User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chill out dude,this guy is not real.
This hole post is bull,DON'T FEED TO TROLL!

well ok go ahead[:D]
View Quote
View Quote

I figured that out, but flaming is fun.... especially when I do it so well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
With 60 dogs in there you shouldn't have problems with terrorists for long.  You'll be knee deep in doggie land mines by Thanksgiving.

Link Posted: 11/9/2001 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With 60 dogs in there you shouldn't have problems with terrorists for long.  You'll be knee deep in doggie land mines by Thanksgiving.

View Quote

Dude each lil. dogy poo has a micro chip in it that can track bad guys.
You think it's just crap but that crao is on duty[;D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you given any thought to upgrading to the 375 Remington Ultramag?
You may get better stopping power at those sub 50 yard shots.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Gecko45, SpecialForces:

Perhaps your security  measures regarding this are classified - and this is may be why you have not mentioned it - but I think your biggest vulnerability now is lack of communications integration with the local / federal authorities and inadequate standoff range capabilities. You may also want to consider a special hardened sucurity room should the worst occur.

Consider this: A terrorist nut with an explosive laden UPS truck is careening towards your mall. When will you know? Have you trained with the local PD to get advanced notice of suspicious vehicles heading your way? Do you position your own agents to overwatch the high speed avenues of approach to your retail establishment? Even slow moving, otherwise peaceful looking vehicles may be a threat. How do you currently search incoming traffic - and is this far enough away from the actual mall that an explosion at you checkpoint will not effect shoppers? If not, you could be very well at risk of a serious Kobar Towers / Murrah Building type incident.

How about if a suspicious aircraft veers off course and heads in your direction? Have you tested / trained on communications response times with the folks at the local air traffic control tower to be sure you will have early enough notification?

Then there is the issue of standoff range. Should you receive prompt notification of such threats, what do you have to neutralize them? I strongly recommend an ample stock of anti-tank rocket launchers (LAWs will do for most threats, but one or two Javelins would be important in case the enemy were to hijack a real tank). In addition, air defense will require some serious thought. Surely you must accept that your high speed sniper rifles - while very efficient at taking out the gray haired old ladies who try to steal napkins from the food court - would be of little use against a threat like that which attacked the world trade center towers. Should Stingers be beyond your department budget, surely some old Redeyes will defend against such non high performance aircraft as jumbo jets and crop dusters. You may just have to gamble on the terrorists not getting hold of F16s or such.

Lastly, should any of these things happen and you are unable to stop the attack, it will be critical that key members of your security force survive the incident. You must not allow anarchy and chaos to reign on what had once been a carefree (at least for the Civilians), safe shopping establishment. This is why I recommend that you have a heavily reinforced command post that would serve as a sort of bomb shelter should the unthinkable occur. That way, much of your force would be more likely to survive the first assualt and be around to continue to secure what is left of the area.

One last note, if you do implement such measures, it will be very important not to let specifice details get into the wrong hands. You may want to look into issueing cyanide pills to each of your agents. Even the best of us may quastion our ability to withstand torture. Men and women like those you work with, though, would surely appreciate the chance to not have to risk any possibility of revealing security details. They could take the pill and remove themselves as a risk.

Ever vigilant,

Adam
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I for one refuse to shop in a mall that doesn't respect it's customers enough to set claymoor mines to defend against squad sized assaults. If you had enough nads to lay razor wire I would respect you more also.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you, Adam. Finally somebody with some sense. Your advice is invaluable and much appreciated. I will immediately talk to my superiors and see if we can begin to implement some of these strategies as soon as possible. If you ever find yourself in need of a job, I would like you to know that you would most certainly be welcome at our mall.    
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No, you have NEVER dealt with someone like me.... because you WORK IN A FUCKING MALL FOR A LIVING. Now if you happen to stumble over someone's brain stem while clearing the food court of empty trays, then quickly jam it into your ear. If you are lucky enough that it takes, then quickly find your way down to Blue Section 1F to B.Dalton Booksellers and grab a copy of Hooked on Phonics. Then you might actually have a fighting chance in kindergarten again. I know that you would rather eat paste, but you really do have to get an education so that you aren't made fun of for being a mall cop with pepper spray and one of those Realistic 2-ways from Radio Shack in Red Section 2F.
View Quote

Believe me, Sarah, I've dealt with your kind before. I've shined my shoes with guys bigger than you. And yeah, I work in a mall, but I have a very prestigious job and make quite a good living at it. Hell, I would do it for free. There is nothing like bustin' a perps chops first thing in the morning to get you going. And who carries pepper spray anymore? We happen to carry High Point carbines on our MSV's AND there is a picture on the wall of our security office of a guy with a fully automatic Glock!  
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#10]
BenDover. Thankyou!I really am laughing my ass off!
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the time has come to destroy the Mall in order to save it.  It worked in Veet Nam.  Don't forget to salt the earth afterward.

Mike
[+]:D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
 You Mall Ninja's don't have shit compared to what we have at the mega mall here!!! Every MN here was created from the DNA of the late great Bruce Lee.
 They are perfect weapons in every way!!! You can't even tell that they are there, they are so fast they are invisible to the naked eye. They don't need all of those bulky toys that you guys carry, they can read minds & see into the future so they already know what's coming.
 The BLMSF (Bruce Lee Mall Security Force) are creating more clones every day so very soon you will all be out of a job. If you hurry, McDonalds is hiring security to patrol around their playgrounds!!
[%(][%(][%(]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Mall Security is far too serious a topic to waste time with your mockery, ColtShorty. Besides, Bruce Lee was an actor foremost and died young. He also didn't know squat about firearms. Would you want a mall security force that was made from the genes of pretty boy actors with a shortened life expectency that were incompetent with a gun?

Adam (Looking for Flame Suit, wondering if I shouldn't have developed fake alter-ego before joining this thread)
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#14]
At the mall that I work at, we mounted a quad-50 behind the plexi-glass sign over the Orange Julius.  We figured we will be able to shoot through the sign when the time comes, but because it's hidden behind the sign, it won't scare the customers.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Gecko45, SpecialForces, which one of you guys is Gary Coleman?
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Internet shopping!  We don't need no Steenkin' Mall Ninjas!

Mike
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#17]
            Goats!
They are stronger, smarter, & smell better than Mall Ninja's.  They will also provide free smart pills for the Ninjas.  Besides, everyone loves goats (No, not in the Carnal way you're thinking Ninja boy).

Mike
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Yoko Ono & Babs Striesand!!!
They are so hideous that even Terrorists would avoid the Mall.
Wait a Minute, didn't Babs leave the country when W won the election?  Anyway, I think Yoko would be sufficient for the job.  Get her a Mr. Microphone, and she can start wailing like a cat in heat!

Mike
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#19]
What?  No pictures?!?!?!?!  I'm very disappointed.  [>Q]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I for one salute these brave souls.  Their vigilance keeps our soccer moms safe as they go about their spending of their husbands hard earned dollars.  They protect our children as their minds are warped by the 'murder simulators' in the arcade.

In the current environment we must all stand together behind these forgotten warriors.  As our airports and bridges get National Guard Support, these elite forces have been carrying the burden of Homeland Mall Security alone.

I encourage everyone to give them the 'thumbs up' next time you spot one of these unsung hero's in the field.  Since they are an elite paramilitary group highly trained in concealment and camouflage and clandestine ops, give that 'thumbs up' to the atm kiosks, the mirrors, and the mall ferns, while your at it, they are there!  [peep]

Stand Tall Mall Ninja's America Salutes you.

Semper shopsafeus

[usa]  

[-=(_)=-]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I encourage everyone to give them the 'thumbs up' next time you spot one of these unsung hero's in the field.

Mike
[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Several of you show great insulance to such hard working and brave mall guards. These are the few brave enough to seperate a teenage girl from a shoplifted britney spears cd and live to tell the tale.They are the guardians of our future, if you disagree with the brutality they need to show daily it is because you don't have the stones to do the job yourself. Just the other day a mall guard was dismembered while hiding in the impeller of a sears snowblower , looking for threats arising from dangerous # 10 torques and flat screwdriver sets that some idiot had foolishly left on a display area.This mall cop was so helpful to the very end. In fact the last thing he did was hand the customer that started the snowblower his craftman club card , so he migh save 10% on the purchase. How is that for dedication ????
   I am very concerned with the drive up threat and think that constructing 30 foot wide 20 foot deep tank traps 1/5 mile from the mall might be the answer to fertilizer and C-4 attacks. Sure a few ups trucks might get sucked in, but youve got to be willing to sacrafice a few so that the many might survive. God bless you mall ninjas, keep the 50 cal belt fed machineguns close to your heart. Shoot straight mall snipers....
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I love you man....
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Again we need to reach into our history to come up with appropriate solutions to this dilemma concerning the integrity and safety of our mall environment.

In Vietnam, we realized that in the dispersed battlefield of a counter-insurgency conflict, the regular military forces could not be everywhere.

I suggest that you form local security groups and militias from the other mall employees. Use your extensive training, in the classic SF A-Team style, and send out detachments of mall security warriors to take those untrained perfume-sprayers and Gameboy jockeys, and turn them into functioning elements of a Foreign Internal Defense (FID) force.

Of course, they would have to be vetted carefully for Al-Qaeda operatives, and they would lack the professionalism and warrior spirit of the mall security force, so they would have to be led in battle by their "advisers." This would require a very strong Counter Intelligence effort, but could pay off.

Imagine the Food Court as an immense and well prepared Fire Sack, with death on all sides; fougasse cans in the planters; command detonated AP mines under the tables; interlocking grazing fire from crew served MGs in prepared positions behind deep-fat fryers; maybe even a light mortar section by the salad bar? The possibilities are limitless, as long as you have your trained and well-led indigs available at a moments notice. In the tradition of the minuteman, this is a needed and necessary step.

I feel safer browsing for books at B.Dalton or sipping a cappuccino at Starbucks knowing that folks like you have my back. Commerce continues because of your brave efforts.

BTW, it seems that nobody has even discussed air defense, SAM sites, EW radars and the extablishment of "no-fly" zones and ADIZs around malls. This seems to be a major oversight in light of recent events.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Gee Gecko45,  I am surprised that you would step down in ballistics from your .300 Win Mag 18" barrel takedown rifle to a 700LTR or a PSG-1 in .308.  What's the rationale for the change?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#26]
After reading this thread, I happened to be at one of our wonderful Florida Malls.  Having read about the types of mall security being discussed here, I was on the lookout for tactical mall security personnel.  

I was walking down near the Dillards when I noticed there was a large clump of potted plants entirely filling the corner at the end of the mall where the large entrance to Dillards was.  I was thinking to myself what a great tactical location it was with full cover of the wing down to the food court.  I wandered over close to it and when I was about 8-10 feet away, I could see a security officer in jungle camo holding a FN P90.  He looked concerned that I had spotted him so I nodded and turned toward the store.  He nodded back.

I felt so much more secure knowing that a well trained team of professionals was watching over us making our visit to the mall safe.

Thanks guys for being there for us!

GLJones
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top