Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Has somebody watched "The Patriot" one too many times?  
Is he the brother who did the shooting,
or the one who did the reloading?
[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/bioPics/libertyof76.jpg[/img][img]http://www.ar15.com/images/postPics/libertyof76.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time I checked, this forum belongs to the owners of the site.  You should conduct yourself as if you were at somebody's house.  This means you should give respect and consideration to the hosts, who have made their preferences clearly known.  Then you will get the same in return.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?id=25[/url]

Don't attack people like Garandman for their beliefs.  At least they have some.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
McUZI
View Quote

He's Baaack...
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Firebird,
When it appears everyone is going the wrong way but you, [b]YOU[/b] might be the one going the wrong way down a one way street.  Something to think about.  Your fellow gun owners are not your enemies.  
View Quote
I don't want to make fellow gun owners my enemies.

But there is such a thing as the tyranny of group thought. It can happen to a group of gun owners, or a group of tree huggers. A person or ppl voice an opinion different then the 'party line' and they are ostracized.

It goes way beyond abiding by posted rules of civil conduct. {[i]Which closed minds always quote in knee-jerk reaction[/I]}
It goes to the heart of whether individuals have the intellectual freedom to think and comment outside the prevalent groupspeak. Attitudes flow down from the top.

Political Correctness is one of the most insidious, most authoritarian, cultural movement to be spawned in the late 20th Century. Those that practice it actually have less tolerance than they proclaim.  Sure it’s their UBB. But it’s a UBB today, then the neighborhood tomorrow “Think like I do, talk like I do or be gone.” is only the beginning.

Professors don’t get tenure unless they tow the line. Media Journalists find their careers stalled unless they report with an accepted slant. Corporate executives have to take “sensitivity training” or they find the corporate ladder pull away. Oh yes, and you must not say “this” about “that” {even in private email} or GB will have a fit and you’re gone.
Yes, I am absolutely disguised and critical.

I’m a conservative gun owner that is more Neal Knox than NRA. But I do not have to think like you. I do not have to speak like you. Here today or in the marketplace tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
OK now I'm confused.  I'm sure I read portions of this thread in other threads.  Is this the original thread, is someone clipping from this thread and posting them on other threads, or did some one take all the other threads and compile them here?

I think I'll go back to the equipment exchange, where it's safe. [peep]

(edited for spelling)
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Has somebody watched "The Patriot" one too many times?
View Quote

Well, since I have it on DVD...

And I'd be the one doing the shooting! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... It goes way beyond abiding by posted rules of civil conduct ...
View Quote

I'd disagree.  It may look like PC-ness to you, but's it's really about civil discourse.  On a  very basic level, if you act un-civilly, consequences occur.  The posted rules define what is and isn't acceptable behavior.  The final judge of your behavior is going to be those who pay to keep this site going, or their designated reps.

Being un-PC, or "tolerating dissent" isn't the same as putting up with unwanted behavior.  You imply that if I don't like your behavior, I'm somehow unable to think for myself, or just a victim of mindlessness and falling prey to "groupspeak".

I like these guys that run this site, and trust them.  That's why I support them, and not you in this matter.  Everything isn't about your "inalienable rights", includng saying and doing whatever the hell you want, wherever and whenever you want...

Just how important is it, really, to work and play well with others? [:)]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Firebird,

You obviously didn't read the code of conduct that this 'closed mind' posted.  You are free to exchange ideas and concepts as much as you wish, but the First Amendment doesn't give you the right to be rude or offend me.  If you feel secure in your beliefs and can express them to me, great.  I don't have to agree with them or like them, but I will discuss them with you and explain my perspective.  Besides, you have a choice whether or not you VOLUNTARILY accept these rules and post on this bulletin board.  The political correctness gone to tyranny becomes an issue only when you don't have a choice.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd disagree.  It may look like PC-ness to you, but's it's really about civil discourse.  On a  very basic level, if you act un-civilly, consequences occur.  .  .  .  
Everything isn't about your "inalienable rights", includng saying and doing whatever the hell you want, wherever and whenever you want...
View Quote
From what I read, firebird was being quite civil, in his last post. He never said anything about his "inalienable rights" or doing whatever he wanted. That is a deliberate misquote. Which means you are libeling a person. I don't think I like the way you operate.

You DScott, and RichinCM  are just kickin' a man when he's down anyway. GoatBoy banned him. Didn't you see that? Guess Firebird got too close to real.

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#12]
So who's got the popcorn?  I'm all out and my favorite AR-15.com soap is on!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Firebird,
When it appears everyone is going the wrong way but you, [b]YOU[/b] might be the one going the wrong way down a one way street.  Something to think about.  Your fellow gun owners are not your enemies.  
View Quote
I don't want to make fellow gun owners my enemies.

But there is such a thing as the tyranny of group thought. It can happen to a group of gun owners, or a group of tree huggers. A person or ppl voice an opinion different then the 'party line' and they are ostracized.

It goes way beyond abiding by posted rules of civil conduct. {[i]Which closed minds always quote in knee-jerk reaction[/I]}
It goes to the heart of whether individuals have the intellectual freedom to think and comment outside the prevalent groupspeak. Attitudes flow down from the top.

Political Correctness is one of the most insidious, most authoritarian, cultural movement to be spawned in the late 20th Century. Those that practice it actually have less tolerance than they proclaim.  Sure it’s their UBB. But it’s a UBB today, then the neighborhood tomorrow “Think like I do, talk like I do or be gone.” is only the beginning.

Professors don’t get tenure unless they tow the line. Media Journalists find their careers stalled unless they report with an accepted slant. Corporate executives have to take “sensitivity training” or they find the corporate ladder pull away. Oh yes, and you must not say “this” about “that” {even in private email} or GB will have a fit and you’re gone.
Yes, I am absolutely disguised and critical.

I’m a conservative gun owner that is more Neal Knox than NRA. But I do not have to think like you. I do not have to speak like you. Here today or in the marketplace tomorrow.
View Quote

if anyone is trying to control things or people it would appear to be you world_wolf.  like it or not, crying and whining over this subject is an attempt to get things to go your way, an outright attempt to control the situation in your favor.

i've been on this board for a while now and i've never seen anyone banned for his/her political views.  maybe for the way in which they were expressed.  but i'd kick you outta my house too for behaving like a little brat.  newsflash:  this board doesn't revolve around you and your desires.  neither does the world for that matter.

fwiw:  children routinely cry, whine, and complain to get their way.  adults seek a civil conversation with the appropriate people to work through the problem or issue.  i'll leave it up to you to decide which category you fit into.

and since i'm in a feisty mood and tired of people like you wasting bandwith on bullshit topics because you're too damn childish and selfish to hack the real world with maturity, dignity, and honor:  shut the hell up or get lost.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top