Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 11:50:49 AM EDT
Last night one of my RA's brought a "retired Air Force intelligence officer who served in Vietnam" to comment on our current situation in Afghanistan. The RD said anyone making a scene at this presentaion would be written up. The ex AF officer showed up wearing a "Close the SOA" shirt, told us he was the one who blew the whistle on our bombing operations in Laos. He then proceeded to tell us that the US is the world's largest financer and supporter of terrorism. I listened for about ten minutes, and then I stood up, called him a honorless traitor, and walked out. I'm told the ROTC guys who were there were about five seconds behind me. I'm still waiting for my write up and fine (let the SOB try and get a dime out of me for that!). My school has been cracking down on anti American (not anti war) sentiment since a particularly disgusting event on the evenning of Sept. 11. Do you think I should bring the wraith of the higher ups on him?

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, but what is a RA or an RD?
What setting is this in?
What school?
I think that you did the right thing.
Actually, you should have punched him in the mouth.
Soldier On!
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I would just keep shut. Unless you can get him kicked out, it could come back to bite ya.
Are you so good, you don't break rules?
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
c-rock
View Quote

Are you saying that anyone who has ever exceeded the speed limit is prohibited from reporting a murder they witnessed?? [rolleyes]

Wiggins -

I you REALLY believe what you said that this guy is a "traitor" then GIVE NO QUARTER.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a senior at Boston U.  My friends had many ways of taking care of RA's.  The most tactless method was carried out by a kid named "Shit" Mike.  He acquired his nick name for applying a certain foul substance to the door and door knob of some loser RA's room.  I wouldn't recommend this, but it's funny as hell when everyone in the dorm points and snickers when they see the dickhead of an RA walking around.

Most of my floor RA's were pretty cool.  They would usually drink with us and didn't care what we did.  It was the "RA on call" who made the rounds at night that would be a pain in the ass.  If you have an RA on call that is a problem, his/her number should be posted somewhere.  Use this phone number to prevent the a-hole from getting any sleep.  If he/she unplugs the phone, a rock/brick through the window @ 3:00AM oughta wake him up, but that type of thing can get complicated, and I wouldn't recomend it...not that it hasn't been done.

Another neat trick I have seen is hot glue gunning the lock cylinder of the RA's door knob.

Some RA's are complete losers who want to have authority over people their own age.  These type of RA's need to learn that by F-ing with the people they have to live with, they're    sh!tting in their own house.

If you want to get back at this guy, be careful, and don't get caught...you may be moving off campus involuntarily.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
c-rock
View Quote

Are you saying that anyone who has ever exceeded the speed limit is prohibited from reporting a murder they witnessed?? [rolleyes]

Wiggins -

I you REALLY believe what you said that this guy is a "traitor" then GIVE NO QUARTER.

View Quote

No, but when I am in the den of someone, I don't fuck my shit up.

Would it help if something he did, in his foolish youth phase, got him kicked out?  
Or how about getting nickeled and dimed by stuff from this guy?  Being in college means your are poor, at least I was.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Wiggins, maybe I missed something in your post, are you pissed because this guy said we do/have finance terrorists?  

You do know that we sponsored Iraq when they were fighting Iran, right?  You know we supported several civil wars in Africa during the cold war right?  You know that SEALs terrorized the NVA and VC during the Vietnam War.  The CIA in the past has helped kill leaders of other countries and attempted coups (sp). We have done some things that aren't very nice and we have associated with groups and individuals that are pretty f*cking evil to advance our causes. In these actions and others I am sure we have pissed of lots of people and some of these people probably do see us a terrorists.

Before I get flamed, I agree with doing what it takes to advance the USA's causes.  I just wanted to point out we have done some things in our past and we are probably doing things now that will piss other people/countries off.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
RA= Resident Assistant, i.e. a student assigned to supervise or lead a dorm floor of students.
RD= A student, sometimes a grad student, who is in charge of several RA's in one or more dorms.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't have much of a handle on what upset you based on your post.  If he said that the US funds terrorists, or that taxpayer money has often fallen into the hands of terrorists, well, he's absolutely correct.  How do you think the Afghans got all those Stingers?  Iraq had lots of Huey Cobras (that they couldn't fly because they couldn't buy spare parts), Colombia...Panama...practically all of Central and South America.  Hmmm, aren't we cozying up with Pakistan, right now?  That's a dictatorship where private firearms are a no-no (see other threads from the last few days).  Sounds like terror to me.  Our stupid sanctions have keep Castro going strong since the 60s, let's call that indirect support.  The Balkans?  I have no idea what went down there, nothing good.  Russia?  The US gave them Billions and that went missing, probably some fell into the hands of Chechen rebels or the Russian mafia (the definition of "terrorist" changes depending on which side you support).

We can go on and on all night.  Who do you think knows more, a retired intelligence officer who worked in the biz, or a wet behind the ears, idealistic college kid who thinks the federal government is lily white?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
It's time to show the RA what an airstrike is about. Go file a complaint with the Director of Housing. Have each of the ROTC guys do the same. Anything the RA tries to do will be considered retaliation. If he tries to retailate, see the Dean of Students and work your way up to the President.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I forgot to mention. One of my long past aquaintances worked Operations at Takli airbase in Thialand in '71-73. Their bombing assignments came from the Pentagon and were approved by the Whitehouse. The story you were told about "blowing the whistle" is a line of BS.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I think what is bothering Wiggins, is this "bullshit" was promoted and sanctioned by Boston University. One thing when dumbass kids do it, quite another when tacitly endorsed by an American University.

But not suprising given B.U. actually has scholarships set up by the Bin Laden family for Muslin studies and the Bin Laden family makes regular donations to B.U. Only a matter of time before Islamic Re Education 101 is offered.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think what is bothering Wiggins, is this "bullshit" was promoted and sanctioned by Boston University.

But not suprising given B.U. actually has scholarships set up by the Bin Laden family for Muslin studies and the Bin Laden family makes regular donations to B.U. Only a matter of time before Islamic Re Education 101 is offered.
View Quote

No, someone else (slt223) posted that he goes to Boston University.  Unless you happen to know that Wiggins goes there too. . . .  But since Wiggins' location is listed as Washington state, I doubt he goes to B.U.

Also, Boston University's scholarships are from a Lebanese billionaire, Rafiq Hariri, unless something has changed radically in the last fifteen years.

So, unless I'm mistaken, you're zero for two, Steyr.  Care to correct me, or are you gonna apologize to those whom you've slandered?  Oh well, at least Jesus loves you. . . . [:p]
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:26:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, I should have been more clear about what pissed me off about this guy. What he was saying to the group was that all combat actions that America has been involved in since the Vietnam War, up to and including Operation Enduring Freedom (although the focus was on Vietnam and our current war), has been unjust, illegal, immoral, and are/were terrorist actions against rightful foreign powers. On the other hand all hostile acts committed against the US were the works of "oppressed freedom fighters" (including 9/11). He created a double standard where it was alright to fight Americans, and wrong for Americans to fight back.

BYU,

This was in the basement of my dorm at Gonzaga University.

JIMBEAM, trickshot;

I know that the US is not without guilt in world terror, I think what I wrote above clarifies what upset me.

C-rock,

These reports are filed anonamously(SP?), and a couple of the ROTC guys beat me to it. The RA won't lose his job, but his days of inviting people to come and speak to residents are over (from Housing Dept.).  I am not worried about retaliation because a lot of people were pissed over this, and he would have a hard time singling anyone out (he is also not that kind of person).

DnPRK,

In the morning I'll get the name of the guy from my RA, and see if it rings any bells. I sure as hell wouldn't put lying past him.

Kyle

BTW I still have not received my write up!

edited be cuas i caint spil
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry, I should have been more clear about what pissed me off about this guy. What he was saying to the group was that all combat actions that America has been involved in since the Vietnam War, up to and including Operation Enduring Freedom (although the focus was on Vietnam and our current war), has been unjust, illegal, immoral, and are/were terrorist actions against rightful foreign powers. On the other hand all hostile acts committed against the US were the works of "oppressed freedom fighters" (including 9/11). He created a double standard where it was alright to fight Americans, and wrong for Americans to fight back.

BYU,

JIMBEAM, trickshot;

I know that the US is not without guilt in world terror, I think what I wrote above clarifies what upset me.

C-rock,

These reports are filed anonamously(SP?), and a couple of the ROTC guys beat me to it. The RA won't lose his job, but his days of inviting people to come and speak to residents are over (from Housing Dept.).  I am not worried about retaliation because a lot of people were pissed over this, and he would have a hard time singling anyone out (he is also not that kind of person).

DnPRK,

In the morning I'll get the name of the guy from my RA, and see if it rings any bells. I sure as hell wouldn't put lying past him.

Kyle

View Quote

Good to hear. Now get back to that college life, fucking whores, getting wasted, and only going to school for 15 hrs a week! [;)]
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, someone else (slt223) posted that he goes to Boston University.  Unless you happen to know that Wiggins goes there too. . . .  But since Wiggins' location is listed as Washington state, I doubt he goes to B.U.

Also, Boston University's scholarships are from a Lebanese billionaire, Rafiq Hariri, unless something has changed radically in the last fifteen years.

So, unless I'm mistaken, you're zero for two, Steyr.  Care to correct me, or are you gonna apologize to those whom you've slandered?  Oh well, at least Jesus loves you. . . . [:p]
View Quote

OOPS. Well my point is the same. I think what bothers Wiggins is the view is a tacit "official position" of his school.

In addition to the Lebonese scholarstips at BU are the ones from the Bin Laden family who reside in Boston as reported on Fox News. The Bin Laden family(his brother I believe) very much support Osmas actions, have organized pro Osama demonstrations and donate money to BU.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
RA= Resident Assistant, i.e. a student assigned to supervise or lead a dorm floor of students.
RD= A student, sometimes a grad student, who is in charge of several RA's in one or more dorms.
View Quote

RA = Resident Advisor
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BYU,

JIMBEAM, trickshot;

C-rock,

DnPRK,

Kyle

View Quote

Good to hear. Now get back to that college life, fucking whores, getting wasted, and only going to school for 15 hrs a week! [;)]
c-rock
View Quote

Whoa, hold up a bit there. I'm here to go to school? WTF!  [:D]

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, Boston University's scholarships are from a Lebanese billionaire, Rafiq Hariri, unless something has changed radically in the last fifteen years.[:p]
View Quote

In addition to the Lebonese scholarstips at BU are the ones from the Bin Laden family who reside in Boston as reported on Fox News. The Bin Laden family(his brother I believe) very much support Osmas actions, have organized pro Osama demonstrations and donate money to BU.
View Quote

Ah.  Oops.  My bad, I hadn't heard.  Sorry about that, and thanks.

However, bin Laden's family did disown him over his terrorist activities.  A few family members might support him, but if so I haven't heard which ones.  His family in the U.S. seemed pretty pissed off by all the news reports -- not his own children, of course, but his brothers/sisters/parents/more distant relatives, most of whom seem to have left the U.S. in fear of retaliation despite their disliking what he had done.

Wiggins, you could try spreading the word about your R.A. far and wide -- eventually enough football players will kick his ass that he'll get half a clue.  Oh, and Go Zags.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#19]
This guy's beliefs are well known around campus. He has a radio program on the campus station, and has even started a bowling team called the bowlsheviks. We don't have a football team, I guess that basketball players (with their long reach) will have to do. [;)]

On a side note, I have not seen the RA since the complaints were fired, and he lives next door!

Kyle
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#20]
When you live in the dorms, you sign a contract. Check out your contract as being kicked out over this may be breach on their part.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#21]
They did not kick him out, I just saw him this morning.

Kyle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top