Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 7:36:29 AM EDT
Does anyone recall the raid in California that got a deputy killed and resulted in the ATF burning down the guys house? I know it happened days before the Trade Center attacks, but I am interested to know how it remained so quiet.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Same old story.  Whitewash the whole thing and make it go away.

I don't know if you are aware, but typically one of the severe punishments is a month or two off work w/out pay and a demotion.  Well, when things settle down they often remove the charge from the guy's jacket, back pay, and promote them back up.

The public things the officer/agent got punished, but they really got a couple months off paid vacation.

This happened to many of the agents involved with Ruby Ridge and Waco.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that both of those killed in the shootout are still dead.¤¤¤¤¤
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to know what happened to the guy in Tennessee?  The guy who had/moderated the militia forum on assaultweb. And I think he also had a slot on a radio station.  Steve something.  He shot up a cop car and headed into the mountains.

Any more news on that?
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd like to know what happened to the guy in Tennessee?  The guy who had/moderated the militia forum on assaultweb. And I think he also had a slot on a radio station.  Steve something.  He shot up a cop car and headed into the mountains.
Any more news on that?
View Quote

Local cops were trying to arrest him, he shot at one of them, then came out on the porch with a pistol, and they shot and killed him.  AWN is all twisted up about this, but looks like a cleansing of the gene pool to me.
View Quote

Doublefeed, he's not talking about William Cooper.  Last month some guy that was on assaultweb shot at some cops and went hiding out in the mountains.  I don't think they ever caught him.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, the guy is *dead* and the cops and ATF are on to their next victim, er, suspect I mean.  It might be you.  

I certainly expect that one day, some govt. thug will try to drag me or someone I know off into the night.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any more news on that?
View Quote

Local cops were trying to arrest him, he shot at one of them, then came out on the porch with a pistol, and they shot and killed him.  AWN is all twisted up about this, but looks like a cleansing of the gene pool to me.
View Quote

Doublefeed, he's not talking about William Cooper.  Last month some guy that was on assaultweb shot at some cops and went hiding out in the mountains.  I don't think they ever caught him.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Correct GBT.  I guess I should have started a new topic so it wouldn't have been confused. Oh well...  Maybe I'll zip over to AW and see if there is any news.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I know that the last two months have been saturated with war and terrorism, but I still think it is odd that EVERYONE completely forgot about this story. Seems like someone would have stayed on it just for kicks and giggles, even if it is not as important as the WTC tragedy.

Just Roy's .02
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#9]
O'Reilly dropped Gary Condit for the war, and that's all he talked about all through August

Quoted:
I know that the last two months have been saturated with war and terrorism, but I still think it is odd that EVERYONE completely forgot about this story. Seems like someone would have stayed on it just for kicks and giggles, even if it is not as important as the WTC tragedy.

Just Roy's .02
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top