Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2001 6:47:25 AM EDT
anyone use either of these satellite radio services? which one. hows the audio quality. considering getting into it. in a few months. must save up for it. proably gonna get a SIG 229 9mm first.

Link Posted: 11/7/2001 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not use the Sirius service. Go with XM. Sirius(formerly CD Radio) is a customer of my company, and I can tell you that I will use XM if I go that route. I probably shouldn't divulge why, because it would be getting into proprietary info of my company and theirs, but I'll say it again, go with XM, and leave Sirius alone.

The Audio quality of both will be fine, and you will be able to keep the same station from coast to coast. Audio will be digital, so it will be CD quality with both.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
lemme guess. crummy customer services / tech divsion. chipset problems currently plauge sirius anyhow. XM has two advantages.. the sony unit is movable between car and home. and XM is online and avail in my area. Sirius isnt online yet. still in testing.

used to work for DirecPC.. morons.. dont use their service. not even if you can only get 28.8 from a modem.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard on a few radio trade boards that several people are having problems with XM "holding" checks. Are you having any problems with them Rev?

NOVAS, get that P229 in .40
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have heard on a few radio trade boards that several people are having problems with XM "holding" checks. Are you having any problems with them Rev?

NOVAS, get that P229 in .40
View Quote

I am not a subscriber to either service. Sirius is a client of ours, and the problems I see are with the basic concept of the technical side of their business plan. I don't know much about XM except that the portion of their infrastructure that corolates to the problem I see with Sirius is much better, and smarter, and will last a lot longer. Sirius just appears to me to be too much of a slapped together company from the technical infrastructure side. I have not dealt with any of their customer service types, or the ground reciever units, so I don't feel qualified to comment on those aspects of the company. I really should not get into the details, because I like my job, so I won't go any further than to say that.

And NOVA, I agree with GF.....GET IT IN .40!!
It's far superior to 9MM in hitting power, and you no longer have the old advantage of more magazine capacity in 9MM. Would you rather have 10 rounds of 9MM or 10 rounds of .40? I know what my answer is.
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
well with 9mm ammo being $100 for 1000 rounds it makes for a cheap to shoot gun. i already have a Kahr K9 for carry. the sig would be for home defense and target shooting. if i can get .40 for about that price i might consider it. anyone know if i can and where from? id still have to go shoot the sig in .40 will check the local shooting range as the let you rent guns to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top