Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/6/2001 8:32:13 PM EDT
I could use some insight as to what holster to use for concealed carry of an HK USP .45 full size. I realize I should use a compact model for CCW, but I got a great deal on the full size I bought. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 8:54:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/6/2001 8:49:18 PM EDT by MatthewDaugherty]
Hey slt223, I carry a full size HKUSP 9mm everyday. I never listen to those who say you should carry a compact. Heck I carried a M60 in the Army whats a 25oz pistol. I even carry cross draw [:0] inside the pants. I don't even hardly realize my pistol is on me sometimes and is comfortable while driving also. I use a leather holster by Wild Bill's out of North Carolina. The holster is the Summer Heat I believe and well made. Full size pistols for those that can hang. No Slack!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 9:19:31 PM EDT
SLT - I have a .45F and a .45C. The C is not that much smaller. The best way - hands down - shoulder holster. Spend the money, buy a GOOD one - plan on spending about $150.00 or more. Believe me, it is worth it. I carry with a shoulder holster 12 months out of the year. When you learn how to dress for it - it is the greatest rig available IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 6:24:12 PM EDT
A full size HK USP?, for CCW? [whacko] Try tying it to a rope, throwing it out of your boat, and trolling for bad guys!!![}:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2001 10:52:34 PM EDT
I have no problem carrying my USP 45 in a simple clip holster either cross draw (inside the pants), on the hip (outside the pants) with a loose shirt hanging over it. A shoulder holster would likely work nice too.
Top Top