Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2001 9:03:56 PM EDT
ABC is going to show it un-edited Sunday. Interesting. Spielberg is digitally re-mastering ET to take the guns and terrorists out.
I think John Milius should digitally re-master SPR. The German MG's will use their sights, the sniper won't change scopes mid battle and all the other firearm mistakes will be corrected.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The biggest improvement that could be made is geting rid of the actor that played Pvt. Ryan (I am having a brain fart at the moment to what his name is).  I thought he ruined what could have been a good character.  

Agreed on the '03 sniper scope.  The scope should stay the same, no switching.  A right hander would have made the sniper role more "fluid", so to speak.  It is too awkward for someone to try and stay concealed and reach over with his left hand to work the bolt... too awkward.

I'd have to watch the movie again, there were a few small quirks that annoyed me, but overall, a very good mavie.  The BOB series gets a tad bit higher score, though.

JRB  

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
The biggest improvement that could be made is geting rid of the actor that played Pvt. Ryan (I am having a brain fart at the moment to what his name is).  I thought he ruined what could have been a good character.  

Agreed on the '03 sniper scope.  The scope should stay the same, no switching.  A right hander would have made the sniper role more "fluid", so to speak.  It is too awkward for someone to try and stay concealed and reach over with his left hand to work the bolt... too awkward.

I'd have to watch the movie again, there were a few small quirks that annoyed me, but overall, a very good mavie.  The BOB series gets a tad bit higher score, though.

JRB  

View Quote

Being a lefty who uses righty bolt rifles, I just use the right hand to operate the bolt. Never had any problems. I always felt awkward using the left hand to do this. It does tax the left wrist a bit to support the weight of the rifle, though.

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]You might be Airborne if... you have ever demonstrated a PLF in front of the company coffee pot. - John "Doc" Horton[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
View Quote

That would be Benaffleck (it's like a disease), makes Keanu look bright and with it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
not Ben Affleck, it was Matt Damon
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh....  That's even worse...
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Excuse me for interrupting guys...I thought it said "Saving Jeri Ryan" fixes![:D]

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top