Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Just remember, when you do get into BP, do not accept any assignments going into a house in Miami. I was in Miami when Elian was kidnapped by BP/INS Goons/JBTs. They hurt alot of innocent people and did alot of destruction. Are you sure this is what you want. One of those Goons hit a Prominent Cuban-American Leader with the butt of his shotgun so hard that he bled from his head and ear. Then when they left, they never called for medical help. The Cubans had to call, becuase the INS/BP Goons didn't give a fuck about injured Cubans. Many old women and Children were slightly injured or Choked up by the massive tear gas used by those goons.

BTW, did I mention I hold a grudge well. Janet Reno, Bill CLinton, and Doris Meisner will burn in Hell someday and I will be happy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Being a Marine Infantryman does not suck.
View Quote

Here, for the sake of balance, are some of the less enjoyable aspects of life in the infantry:
You will march for miles wondering how a &*$%#! rock found its way into your boot.
You will endure humiliation, abuse and punishment because one of the many pieces of gear you drew from the armory or supply couldn't be found when you returned from the field.
You will sleep in mud.  Cold mud.
You will feel chafing on the tenderest parts of your anatomy and be unable to relieve it.
You will donate blood to thousands of hungry insects and arthropods.
You will be crammed into the bowels of a ship with comrades who want to dispose of their used tobacco products in your personal space.
You will wonder if your fingers are frostbitten or just numb.
You will spend 24 hours a day for weeks at a time with fellow infantrymen whose emotional and intellectual development were arrested at age fourteen.
You will hurry up and wait.
You will live in fear that a Q-tip inserted in some obscure cranny of your weapon will emerge with a grey tint.

But it's certainly not all bad. [(:)]
View Quote

Sounds like heaven. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
11 BRAVO!? Umm no you do not want to be infantry, least in my estimation. Given your stated career goals 11B get you nowhere. No knock on grunts, noble profession - Heinlein hit the nail on the head. But based on what you want it makes no sense.

Shit man stop talkin to the recruiters they aint your friend, they got a job to do. IMHO some good advice above, hope you can internalize some of it.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Having held 11B light weapon's infanry, it was fun and I enjoyed it for awile then while and instructer at Ft. Benning I got to go to Tow school and pick up 11H Tow crewman as a secondary MOS, So Buy the time I trancitioned to 11M M2 Bradley Crewman I was a plt Sgt, if you have the least intrest in pulling the Airborn be they Army or Marines, Rangers or any othe light forces out of the dunmass situation they got themselves into. You might consider 11M, We had more and better firepower and it was Armor and Dragoon (Armored) infantry units that won our last war, you know that storm thing, or you can go into what every country in the world calls there naval infantry, and we call Marines. Ever wonder why there is a Department of a the Army, Navy, and Airforce, but no Department of the USMC, they belong to the Navy. [puke]

SFC(ret) Rew E. Williams  
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
...The Men's Department.

It's true, no one appoints any civilian women or guys named Togo to lead the Corps. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to take schooling when I'm in the military to get my criminal justice degree and take Spanish classes.

I also will get everything in writing I maybe going to far to try and get the Ranger schooling but I will get the Airborne schooling on my contract or I will just walk out or just take an M.P. job.

Just to get this straighten out I called INS and talked to someone there he told me That it did not matter in the hieing what you are or where in the military be it M.P. or what have you. But it will help me if I make it as a Ranger and /or Airborne to get in the S.W.A.T team and that I'll will be more likely to pass the test so they will be more likely when I place an application for it. I will be more likely to send me to the testing for Border patrol SWAT testing . I will also have the same chance of getting on the border patrol with a Airborne or Ranger as I would being an M.P. and I know I'm going to take a lot of Spanish classes  

I will also have the same pay and everything. So what do I have to lose I want to get in to SWAT or any other special forces  for P.D's or Border patrol  and with having experience in tactical combat that will help me out more then just standing at a gate checking ID's. I was told this by my uncle last night you join the military to do military job's and you stay as a civilian to do civilian job's don't go in to the military to do a civilians job.  

My recruiter does not know my plane on what I want to do after I get out hell I may just stay in the military for 20 years. I'd like to thank all you guys for your help with this especial the guy's who have done 11B.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Major Murph-

After sitting here in my office reading your comments, I am starting to get that old familiar feeling.

Its that feeling of a chill down your spine, even when its a hundred degrees in the freakin' San Diego heat, and you are marching on the grinder and our beloved Hymn is being played by the best instrumental band in the world.

Its the feeling of being called a Marine for the first time after 12 weeks of hell.

Its that feeling I will have on 10 November when our Corps turns 226 years old.

Its that feeling of being a United States Marine, and knowing that no matter what I do, or how broke I am, or even when I die (My kids can say "My daddy was a Marine"); It can never be taken away!

'Nuff said,
Jarhead94

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Every once and a while....
I'm not sure where it comes from. Could be a ghost. Sometimes, I catch a whiff, a certain odor.  More accurate, a combination of odors...

Cordite (gun smoke)
Diesel fumes
Sweat
Mildewed canvas.
CLP
The ocean
Instant Cofee
cigarettes

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.....
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, Marines,

You have a Corps-wide Esprit-De-Corps, and once a Marine, Always a Marine. Go to [url]www.paratrooper.net/aotw/commo[/url].

You are not the only ones, only different. I do not speak for the whole Army, but I do say that the Airborne/Ranger/SF community does compare, favorably, with no slack and no shame. Please be more considerate with the blanket statements.

P.S. There are forums for all branches in there, and I welcome you to drop by- you will find you are among brothers and fellow Professionals.

[b][size=1]Don Carter Out[/size=1][/b]
[b][size=4][red]AIRBORNE!
2/505 PIR
H-MINUS[/red][/size=4][/b]

[i]You might be Airborne if... you do a PLF off the roof rather than use the ladder. -Don Carter[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I think 11B was those guys sleeping on the ground that us 45B's used to try not to run over with our dry, heated shop van during night moves. Too bad those blackout driving lights couldn't be a little brighter.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think 11B was those guys sleeping on the ground that us 45B's used to try not to run over with our dry, heated shop van during night moves. Too bad those blackout driving lights couldn't be a little brighter.
View Quote

Pogue GirlieMan (Edited to add [puke])

[b][size=1]Don Out[/size=1][/b]
2/505 PIR

[i]You might be Airborne if... you do a PLF off the roof rather than use the ladder. -Don Carter[/i]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Also look into 12 Bravo - Combat Engineer (an Infantryman with explosives).
View Quote

I thought 12B was an Infantryman with a bayonet probing for land mines that had secondary booby trap fuses on the underside.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I slept in the hatch of my HMMWV, thank you![:D]

2/505 PIR

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also look into 12 Bravo - Combat Engineer (an Infantryman with explosives).
View Quote

I thought 12B was an Infantryman with a bayonet probing for land mines that had secondary booby trap fuses on the underside.
View Quote

Good one!
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In 1997, when my unit was OPFOR at Ft. Lewis against a guard unit from Oregon, one of their soldiers was killed that way.  He was sleeping in his fartsack when a 5-ton ran over him at night.  Some General was pissed, all training stopped for a short period to go over safety SOPs, then it resumed.  Apparently the "ground-guide" was simply sitting on the hood of the truck when it happened. I'd hate to be the LT of that unit.
View Quote

Same happened in 1987 at NTC when our company + played OPFOR ground pounder. One of the Blue Force guys became axle grease (Deuce from his own unit). Sad, could have been avoided.

2/505 PIR

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2001 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Or you could skip the military, and go straight into the patrol. After your probationary year you can try to get onto Borstar and perhaps even SRT if you have what it takes. After a while with SRT you should be ready for Bortac ( or as you call it Border Patrol S.W.A.T.). It is very possible to make it this way, and you seem to have the right attitude for it. With a little hard work on your part, physical fitness, and mental fitness you should be ok.

As someone else stated earlier do not go into the military just to make yourself more attractive to another agency, it is very easy to become bitter about not being able to do what you really desire.

As for being the lowest paid federal agency, that may be true. However, the patrol truly is what you make it. Where else can you 4 wheel drive, ride ATV's/motorcycles, and Ride horses everyday and get paid well for it. Not to mention the tracking and hunting of the most elusive animals on the planet. All while making 60k a year (or more).

Good Luck with whatever you choose. And start learning Spanish as quickly as you can, its a real killer for us non native speakers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
pakrat, that's an interesting story. ANGLICO are fine units, the fact that they went to jump school, however, isn't why.  Hell, I used to date an NROTC woman Marine who went to jump school, and it didn't make her a warrior.

I'm pretty sure we could all come up with examples of servicemembers not acting as they should (I can't count how many fat, sloppy, gum-chewing walkman-wearing, soldiers I've seen in the past week). It's a pointless exercise, though.

There is no annecdotal evidence that can dispute the fact that Marine Corps infantry is superior to any on Earth.  Jump school doesn't make an individual, or a unit better than another.  Battle victories, esprit de corps, discipline and standards are what makes one unit better than another.

Pride, discipline, esprit de corps, bearing.
The Marine Corps leads the way.
By the way, nice berets.  Has it helped any? [;)]

View Quote

We'll call it good.  The beret comment - no need in going there.  What a fricked up thing to do............
I'll give you that one!

Airborne All the Way, Sir!

Pakrat - out!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top