Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 9:51:47 PM EDT
Iran-Contra hearings July 13, 1987

Persons heard in this order:

Representative Jack Brooks- Texas
Brendan Sullivan (Oliver North's Counsel)
Senator Daniel Inouye- Hawaii
Representative Henry Gonzalez- Texas

[url]www.webworldinc.com/bwada/rex84.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
OMG- it's Imbroglio with a relevant post!!!!!  Seriously, that was good.  Figures that the same POS Inouye that refuses to trust mere citizens with firearms doesn't want anyone talking about emergency plans to suspend the constitution in a public forums.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 4:23:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, isn't this great?[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Sir, would you care to comment on rumors of a possible dual identity?  Statements to that effect have been circulating in your absence[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/otn/angry/argue.gif[/IMG]

Welcome back!
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
So, I guess the Mothership has landed?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, I guess the Mothership has landed?
View Quote

Either that, or the BATF advanced infiltration training session is completed...[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/aahmed/tongue.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, with all due respect to these Honorable Gentlemen, if there is anything that has been taught to us by these most recent events, it's just how frail the day-to-day operations of most branches of our government are at this late date in our history!

Who would have ever thought that the White House, the Congress, the Capitol, the Supreme Court, etc., could be so thoroughly disrupted!

This, to my mind, is not indicative of some sort of all knowing, all reaching 'Leviathan', but of some extremely overweight and confused barnyard critter, which, if cornered could prove dangerous, but if ignored, would simply be content to munch on some more hay in some cozy, dark corner of the barn.

Eric The(So,I'mNotAfraidOfTheConstitutionBeingSuspended,TheyDon'tPayMuchAttentionToItAnyway!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OMG- it's Imbroglio with a relevant post!!!!!  Seriously, that was good.  Figures that the same POS Inouye that refuses to trust mere citizens with firearms doesn't want anyone talking about emergency plans to suspend the constitution in a public forums.
View Quote

While we do not agree with Senator Inouye on many issues (his desire not to discuss in a public forum, contingency plans to suspend the US Constitution) it should also be remembered that he does deserve some respect.

He served with the 442nd Battalion in Italy during WWII, lost his arm and was awarded the DSC.

[url]http://www.thehistorynet.com/WorldWarII/articles/07965_text.htm[/url]

Of course it is my personal belief that creating contingency plans for suspending the US Constitution and creating the mechanisms for their implementation is an act of treason.

Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]
The recording makes a person wonder - how did it all get so askew from the vision of our forefathers?

Seceret plans to suspend the constitution in the event of SHTF? Camps for "suspected" terrorists?

Sad fuckin' fact of the matter is - people around the globe are pissed at our country b/c our government (read - the same assholes that have seceret plans to suspend the constitution, conduct bio warefare experiments on US citizens and military personel as well as.....) have repeatedly left foreigners high and dry with false promises.

Our government needs to understand that we citizens are more intelligent and resilient than they believe. Tell us the truth.

Delta not ambushed? I doubt it. Why not tell us the truth though? It is hard to gain support for conflict when deception is employed as the vehicle to generate support.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad your back bro'.....I mean Imbro.[;)]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Eric The(So,I'mNotAfraidOfTheConstitutionBeingSuspended,TheyDon'tPayMuchAttentionToItAnyway!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
sadly all to true
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Post from Bostonterrier97 -
He served with the 442nd Battalion in Italy during WWII, lost his arm and was awarded the DSC.
View Quote

Yes, and Marshall Petain was a French hero of the Great War who was sentenced to death for his collaboration with the Nazis as head of Vichy France during the German occupation. Only a commutation of his sentence by Gen. DeGaulle saved him from the gallows!

Need we even mention Sen. John McCain?

Eric The(SometimesHeroesOutliveTheirReputations)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know about the disruption of the Gov't, but I do know that the IRS is still taking my money with no apparent problems. [;)]
View Quote

They have contingency plans to ensure the continuity of that, too.  Don't know the details, but would assume it's heavy-handed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top